Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 165426 times)

No Wave Comply, Allen., Industry Plant and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #1890 on: January 17, 2024, 10:15:51 AM »
imo that shit was clip of the year already. any critics feel free to acquire the same fit + do the same thing we got time
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

231st Street

• Rep: -200
« Reply #1891 on: January 17, 2024, 10:21:25 AM »
imo that shit was clip of the year already. any critics feel free to acquire the same fit + do the same thing we got time

Yes-- skating in timbs also an official east coast passtime.  I've had friends brag to me about the lowest scraped heel flips in timbs you can possibly imagine.  Must be very confusing for the sunny weather only folks.  Especially with the weather in NYC ha.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #1892 on: January 17, 2024, 10:30:41 AM »
He literally looks like a dude from the Bronx. Go to NYC and those are the fits you’d see from the locals if you go to like Lennox ledges.

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1893 on: January 17, 2024, 10:36:35 AM »
King is this generations LE skateboards

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1894 on: January 17, 2024, 10:47:17 AM »
King hasnʻt provided any videos or updates to their site... same with Disorder. Just relying on IG clips to promote their brand.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1895 on: January 17, 2024, 10:48:18 AM »
King is this generations LE skateboards

Not cool man, not cool.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #1896 on: January 17, 2024, 10:53:29 AM »
King hasnʻt provided any videos or updates to their site... same with Disorder. Just relying on IG clips to promote their brand.

First off, IG is a huge way to promote. Most non-skaters and/or beginners are looking to IG/YouTube/TikTok for clips. They don't look forward to videos like people who have been skating for a bit look forward to videos.

Also, the biggest thing for Disorder is name recognition — Nyjah. He's kinda like this gen's Tony Hawk/Ryan Scheckler. In all the contests, big sponsors, etc.

My nephew works at Zumiez (yes, that place) and first time board buyers immediately want a Disorder because they know Nyjah from Olympics, SLS, etc. Boards are out as soon as they come in.

While Tyshawn and Nak are big, they're big names in the skate community and don't have quite the same pull as Nyjah.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #1897 on: January 17, 2024, 11:32:40 AM »
First of all - we have praised Tom Penny for skating in Timbs.
So Tyshawn nollie heelfliping that rail in boots - is heavy stuff.
Concerning that fit - timbs / black jeans/ collage jacket - it’s pretty basic - and not only for the Bronx - saw globally all kind of people rock that style.
The only strange thing - it is completely LV so the board is 5K the timbs 1,5K and the jacket is 5k more. If Tyshawn isn’t getting paid properly for that content  and buys that stuff he woud be stupid.
But not more stupid then all the other consumers who spend 88billiion for overpriced rip off designs from LV

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1898 on: January 17, 2024, 12:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
yoo what’d i miss are we talking about racism or winerys
[close]

got you hold up

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
some correct me if im wrong. tyshawn of thunder??

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2K3UdXtpxk/?igsh=OXdmY2p3YmNieDZ5
[close]
Most contrived throw down award goes to

Anyway anybody buy a bottle of Josh wine lately
[close]

lmao the man did a nollie heel in timbs over a rail you'd get winded trying to climb over and ur so desperate to critique you have to say he put his board down wrong...

...because you hate to see successful young black men
[close]

Fuck outta here with that racist shit. such a stupid fuckin argument people with brainrot throw around.

white black brown yellow red purple that whole fit was goofy as fuck and absolutely embarrassing. If he isn't getting 6 figures or more for being seen in public in that clown shit then that's whack. They have the money to pay him and he deserves to be getting PAID and I mean PAIDDDD from LV. I don't think people understand how much money these companies throw around in advertising. Usher just got 20 mil from LV for a single photoshoot.
I see now

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1899 on: January 17, 2024, 03:10:43 PM »
The only problem I really have with that clip is the bottom veneer is way too yellow.

Unless it's a screened board. That would be sick to smear around

Also that's trick of the year so far.

Into cobblestone. That's the best shit and the worst shit.

Also maybe it's a new stage of thunder. Wouldn't that be incredible.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 03:18:14 PM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

D10S

• Rep: -53
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #1900 on: January 17, 2024, 05:12:00 PM »

tiktok skaters...

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #1901 on: January 17, 2024, 05:40:35 PM »
I’ve been plenty critical of Tyshawn, but that clip is undeniable.  Bet he’s going to go all in again this year.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #1902 on: January 17, 2024, 06:35:30 PM »
He might be the most naturally gifted skater ever, at least in the last 15 years. Fucking nollie heelflip at that spot in a full LV setup is stupid fucked

Fucking impossible trick on a really fucked up spot. Extremely hard flex overall. Tyshawn is one of the very few who can make skating in luxery apparel look justified. Dylan being the only other that comes to mind.

231st Street

• Rep: -200
« Reply #1903 on: January 18, 2024, 01:21:00 PM »
He literally looks like a dude from the Bronx. Go to NYC and those are the fits you’d see from the locals if you go to like Lennox ledges.

My exact thought-- truthfully I didn't notice what he was wearing aside from the timbs (which I've seen many of my friends attempt to skate in following Tom Penny). The reactions on here are bizarre.  I'm more likely to see skaters in that outfit then the west coast cut off black pants greaser thing lol.  I'd rock the LV Timbs if I could skate them like him. Local old man bronx kook out ha.

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -61
« Reply #1904 on: January 18, 2024, 02:16:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My exact thought-- truthfully I didn't notice what he was wearing aside from the timbs (which I've seen many of my friends attempt to skate in following Tom Penny). The reactions on here are bizarre.  I'm more likely to see skaters in that outfit then the west coast cut off black pants greaser thing lol.  I'd rock the LV Timbs if I could skate them like him. Local old man bronx kook out ha.

Same. The boots were the clip. Tyshawn always has wild fits on like anyone else in NY in that age group. The outfit didnt strike me as anything. just the boots.

Someone mentioned penny. Penny would skate vert ramps in Tims. Thats fucked up as well.

Nobody said anything about stephen lawyer and his whole poods park era where he was doing crazy shit on the rail in tims while covering his eyes with his hands. Kickflip front feebles and shit

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #1905 on: January 18, 2024, 02:30:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same. The boots were the clip. Tyshawn always has wild fits on like anyone else in NY in that age group. The outfit didnt strike me as anything. just the boots.

Someone mentioned penny. Penny would skate vert ramps in Tims. Thats fucked up as well.

Nobody said anything about stephen lawyer and his whole poods park era where he was doing crazy shit on the rail in tims while covering his eyes with his hands. Kickflip front feebles and shit

I don’t think people paid much attention to Stephen lawyer

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #1906 on: January 18, 2024, 02:38:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Looking at pink camo pants was like staring at the sun... anyone who was initially curious was immediately blinded and turned their head away

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1907 on: January 18, 2024, 10:06:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Quartersnacks did for a minute! Great skater. Wild pant choices.

https://quartersnacks.com/2018/07/the-brotherhood-of-the-tri-color-camo-pants-an-interview-with-stephen-lawyer/

jums

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1908 on: January 18, 2024, 11:11:22 PM »

New graphics. First 3 graphics are not bad imo. The 3rd one is looking very FA....that Tyshawn one though is awful

They’re all dope. That Tyshawn model is cool. I want one too bad all of the boards have the same dimensions other than the width. They’re all short and stubby.

bohemian

• Rep: -312
« Reply #1909 on: January 18, 2024, 11:19:49 PM »
the white one is ok. rest is shit.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #1910 on: January 19, 2024, 07:33:06 AM »
Expand Quote

New graphics. First 3 graphics are not bad imo. The 3rd one is looking very FA....that Tyshawn one though is awful
[close]

They’re all dope. That Tyshawn model is cool. I want one too bad all of the boards have the same dimensions other than the width. They’re all short and stubby.

These are soooo much better than the past ones!

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #1911 on: January 19, 2024, 07:33:22 AM »
As much as I don't like Tyshawn, there's no denying that the Timbs nollie heel clip was good as fuck and entertaining. If he isn't getting LV money but repping them that hard then yes, that is some kooky shit. Dude is all about his image and getting that bread, which is an annoying way to be in my opinion. But I think we can all accept who he is as a person by now (flashy and narcissistic) and acknowledge that he's an amazing skater. That said I hope he never gets another SOTY again.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #1912 on: January 19, 2024, 08:12:07 AM »
The Wire/Omar one is cool.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #1913 on: January 19, 2024, 08:14:25 AM »
That Nak deck is sick. I'd skate it.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #1914 on: January 19, 2024, 08:27:50 AM »
The Wire/Omar one is cool.

Super cool, I'd skate it for sure. Also that nollie heel clip is ridiculous.

Wandalumioshlomo

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1915 on: January 19, 2024, 11:29:37 AM »
Im calling it now. Tyshawn will be soty this year and he will deserve it.

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1916 on: January 19, 2024, 11:38:30 AM »
As an avid tyshawn hater I can confidently say those graphics are a huge improvement. Doesnt mean they're good though.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #1917 on: January 19, 2024, 12:56:31 PM »
2018, 2022, 2024 and deserved all three

BigBrotherissue01

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1918 on: January 19, 2024, 02:56:44 PM »
IDK if he is getting paid by LV but he's def not buying it. Lest we forget, LVMH owns Supreme, so he basically works for the company.

As much as I don't like Tyshawn, there's no denying that the Timbs nollie heel clip was good as fuck and entertaining. If he isn't getting LV money but repping them that hard then yes, that is some kooky shit. Dude is all about his image and getting that bread, which is an annoying way to be in my opinion. But I think we can all accept who he is as a person by now (flashy and narcissistic) and acknowledge that he's an amazing skater. That said I hope he never gets another SOTY again.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1919 on: January 19, 2024, 03:13:37 PM »

These graphics are a huge improvement. I still don't understand what they're doing with the brand though, especially their lack of presence. It's very odd.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”