Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4808779 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #35460 on: April 22, 2024, 12:35:03 PM »

Scram board with fish tail + small nose
Ace classic 66
Spitfire kader 60mm radial full
1/4 riser

A'ala shredder!

Fifty8mm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #35461 on: April 23, 2024, 06:33:12 PM »

Blind 7.75 price point deck with black magic grip
Venture 5.0 lo cast with stock purple bushings.
Spitfire f4 classic 51 bones swiss 6

Board is so fucking good. Tail is mellow, mellower than a mini logo. Nose is steep but still mellower than most DSM and doesn't have much concave. Almost perfect board for me, sturdy like a dsm with a flatter mold.Graphic and brand are whack. I just use the "Gideon Choi skated theese graphics" idea to not bum myself out 8)

Rotating dunks, japan pros and AF1s
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 08:19:52 PM by Fifty8mm »

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #35462 on: April 24, 2024, 09:06:52 AM »

Board is so fucking good. Tail is mellow, mellower than a mini logo. Nose is steep but still mellower than most DSM and doesn't have much concave. Almost perfect board for me, sturdy like a dsm with a flatter mold.Graphic and brand are whack. I just use the "Gideon Choi skated theese graphics" idea to not bum myself out 8)

Looks sick dude!
I know the Blind Reaper is considered wack and all but those graphics are what I would see when I was really young and started look at some skate related stuff. So based on nostalgia I would buy a reaper graphic to hang on the wall (and maybe skate?)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #35463 on: April 24, 2024, 02:35:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks sick dude!
I know the Blind Reaper is considered wack and all but those graphics are what I would see when I was really young and started look at some skate related stuff. So based on nostalgia I would buy a reaper graphic to hang on the wall (and maybe skate?)

the reaper all over print with the jahmal hilfiger nod

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35464 on: April 25, 2024, 07:03:00 PM »

Glad you found a nice mellow board, I know dwindle used to have listings like steep kicks mellow concave, did this one say mellow/mellow? I’ve never seen one but would probably try one out if it’s mellowed than mini logo.

How are you liking the flick on the Japan pro? I was thinking about getting the white leather ones.

Fifty8mm

« Reply #35465 on: April 25, 2024, 08:50:30 PM »
Quote from: Fifty8mm enshot-20240423-182114-Gallery.jpg[/img
Expand Quote
[/url]

[close]
Glad you found a nice mellow board, I know dwindle used to have listings like steep kicks mellow concave, did this one say mellow/mellow? I’ve never seen one but would probably try one out if it’s mellowed than mini logo.

How are you liking the flick on the Japan pro? I was thinking about getting the white leather ones.

It says "Steep kicks" "full concave"
That's the trippy part. The pro board seems steeper than this generic logo graphic ones.
The flick on the Japan pro is dunk like but grippier. My kickflips dip more with japan pros than with the dunks.
I really like the japan pros but size 13 sells quick or they make less. Plus the only colors I liked are the black ones and the white ones.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 74
« Reply #35466 on: April 25, 2024, 09:33:27 PM »
size 13 on 7.75 is insane

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #35467 on: Today at 06:50:34 AM »
I had a blind price point, maybe 2016. It was a just the classic logo on a stain ply. tail delamed from the pressure of setting up an ollie.

that being said or your sure that's a price point and not an r7?

Fifty8mm

« Reply #35468 on: Today at 07:07:38 AM »
I had a blind price point, maybe 2016. It was a just the classic logo on a stain ply. tail delamed from the pressure of setting up an ollie.

that being said or your sure that's a price point and not an r7?

The pro boards are 70-73 dollars, the one i got is 50 dollars (i got it for $23). Still a resin epoxy deck. $20 difference is a price point. I think deluxe price points are about the same