Author Topic: 12th century Buddist ?  (Read 764 times)

donnie_murdo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
12th century Buddist ?
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:05:35 AM »
I'm not, that would make me over 800 years old, and most likely dead, however they did find this covered in ice and ready for action
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6624117.stm
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
Re: 12th century Buddist ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 09:27:16 AM »
Just finished catching up with BBC News before logging in. That was interesting. It's amazing how well preserved the images are. My favorite was some random sheep herder told the researchers where it was.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:26:32 AM »
Just finished catching up with BBC News before logging in. That was interesting. It's amazing how well preserved the images are. My favorite was some random sheep herder told the researchers where it was.

I just think stuff like that is funny, because we're "white Westerners" (you don't have to actually be white to get lumped into this field) we think we know everything about everything, but, no we don't, there's shit like this all over the world and it turns up all the time, they found 3 differnt deer they thought had been extinct for about 10,000 years in China, where the local villagers we using them as there main meat source, to funny, then in New Guinea they found some crazy mountain top caves a local discoved when he was out collecting bird eggs, he told a team of aid workers who passed it on, and yet another new civilations/culture is born.

There's so much random shit we "think" we know about when really after 60,000 years of humans we don't have a clue, just because you didn't have a cell phone and laptop 15,000 years ago doesn't mean you were stupid which sadly seems to be the norm.

If the Romans could make rounds, building, have running water, heated floors, etc, why would we think they were dumb ?
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:36:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just think stuff like that is funny, because we're "white Westerners" (you don't have to actually be white to get lumped into this field) we think we know everything about everything, but, no we don't, there's shit like this all over the world and it turns up all the time, they found 3 differnt deer they thought had been extinct for about 10,000 years in China, where the local villagers we using them as there main meat source, to funny, then in New Guinea they found some crazy mountain top caves a local discoved when he was out collecting bird eggs, he told a team of aid workers who passed it on, and yet another new civilations/culture is born.

There's so much random shit we "think" we know about when really after 60,000 years of humans we don't have a clue, just because you didn't have a cell phone and laptop 15,000 years ago doesn't mean you were stupid which sadly seems to be the norm.

If the Romans could make rounds, building, have running water, heated floors, etc, why would we think they were dumb ?

We (humans) tend to think very highly of ourselves. Why else would we still be fighting wars over imaginary lines drawn in the sand instead of putting our collective energies and technology towards making sure future generations have an Earth to stand upon?
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
because football is a 'merican sport and by god were gonna keep it that way. charlie zorn, catch that god dam football
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.