Author Topic: Cons-As You Wish- Louie Lopez/Erik Herrera  (Read 21495 times)

burner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 91
Re: Cons-As You Wish- Louie Lopez/Erik Herrera
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2022, 01:37:26 PM »
Probably been mentioned but the clip of his ender here wasn't the Thrasher cover. Missing the cleaning guy in the bottom left. Must have bailed which would not be fun.

The Walk of Fame bench trick here is one of the best I've seen at that spot.

Maybe he did it twice....seriously though, skate law says it’s totally fine to use the best pic from the session you got the clip.
Going back on a different day in a different outfit and setup however.....

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2022, 02:31:41 PM »
Lots of tricks already highlighted, I'm gonna add one too:

So casually swerving past the flash next to the curb…

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2022, 04:52:19 PM »
bored so made more gifs

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2022, 05:27:34 PM »
Man I really want to like Herrera more, but he’s got a bad case of Napoleon Dynamite mouth that throws me off

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2022, 06:05:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I watched again and I noticed something I unconsciously liked about LL: he never bends his knees too much (or at all) when landing. Not even in gaps. Looks so effortless and classy.
[close]

Expand Quote
I can’t be the only one who doesn’t feel much when I watch Louie parts. Like he’s obviously incredible at skateboarding but it somehow rarely moves me, maybe too textbook to the point of lacking style idk. I think this year is the closest I’ve come to caring about Louie lol. Tyshawn and T Funk parts have me on the edge of my seat. Louie does not have that effect. Tyshawn parts will get replayed forever by me, I rarely replay Louie parts. Unpopular Louie opinion I know. TJ4SOTY,no one else can do what he does. I’d take Gustav or T funk over Louie because they have more style.
[close]

I've said this before - i'm convinced it's because he looks and skates like he weighs 90 pounds. In theory I love his skating - good style, good spots, and great trick selection - but I can't relate to it as he flitters around like a hummingbird, each spot just a flower in which to stick his proboscis and suck up all the nectar, granting him the sugar-high necessary to keep flapping his wings 60 times a second

LOL something like that

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2022, 08:51:26 PM »

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2022, 06:59:35 AM »
I’m sure someone had to mention it already, but that switch-flip over the bump to bar was mind bogglingly beautiful. Also Louie skates really really fast.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2022, 03:20:57 PM »
This was a sick match up. I hope they do more parts together.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: December 08, 2022, 06:39:29 PM »

Cernicky and Brian O Dwyer next year according to BOD’s heckride interview.   Didn’t realize Cernicky was (deservedly) fully on, but it’s hard to keep track these days

burner

« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2022, 12:40:08 AM »
Louie has really got it, moving into the category of skaters you want to watch just skate.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClpyFbbuNpH/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2022, 12:43:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cernicky and Brian O Dwyer next year according to BOD’s heckride interview.   Didn’t realize Cernicky was (deservedly) fully on, but it’s hard to keep track these days
do most people know that cernicky’s dad was a professional skateboarder & that he has supposedly only been skating for under a decade? i find that interesting.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

burner

« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2022, 02:11:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
do most people know that cernicky’s dad was a professional skateboarder & that he has supposedly only been skating for under a decade? i find that interesting.

No idea. Never heard of another Cernicky, but perhaps I’m missing something.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2022, 02:12:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Who did his dad skate for?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2022, 02:22:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

his dad’s name is mark. i have heard he was a professional skateboarder and i thought i had seen a board or at least ad but, maybe i’m wrong. i definitely remember seeing some photos of his skateboarding which i assume was in the 80’s ripping vert. i will have to go dive in more.

edit:

photo of him skating hawk’s ramp in fallbrook on his instagram, can’t find a board though.

almost fully upside down fs air & skating at tony’s ramp makes me feel like he was definitely at least an am.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 02:29:26 AM by shouldn't »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

assvogel

• Rep: 195
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2022, 03:02:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
his dad’s name is mark. i have heard he was a professional skateboarder and i thought i had seen a board or at least ad but, maybe i’m wrong. i definitely remember seeing some photos of his skateboarding which i assume was in the 80’s ripping vert. i will have to go dive in more.

edit:

photo of him skating hawk’s ramp in fallbrook on his instagram, can’t find a board though.

almost fully upside down fs air & skating at tony’s ramp makes me feel like he was definitely at least an am.

Mark Cernicky rode for Vision and was a part of Chrome Dome crew with Omar, Remy Stratton, Schroeders etc.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 133
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2022, 11:13:24 AM »
Man I really want to like Herrera more, but he’s got a bad case of Napoleon Dynamite mouth that throws me off

You called it; I was wondering what it was about him that put me off.

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I got hyped reading about this, as they're two of my recent favorites. I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Dwyer pro next year, although Deathwish is kinda crowded with pros.

Whoa. That's sick. You can really see the resemblance in those photos. I didn't know he's another product of a rad skate dad. GT and Donovan Piscopo come to mind (Le Jah too, but his dad sounded insane). Makes sense with Cernicky, as he has that natural grace and flow. I wonder if he grew up in So Cal then, or if his dad ended up in the Bay Area later?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 11:34:35 AM by No Wave Comply »
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”