Author Topic: Cons-As You Wish- Louie Lopez/Erik Herrera  (Read 21507 times)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Cons-As You Wish- Louie Lopez/Erik Herrera
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2022, 05:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
I can’t be the only one who doesn’t feel much when I watch Louie parts. Like he’s obviously incredible at skateboarding but it somehow rarely moves me, maybe too textbook to the point of lacking style idk. I think this year is the closest I’ve come to caring about Louie lol. Tyshawn and T Funk parts have me on the edge of my seat. Louie does not have that effect. Tyshawn parts will get replayed forever by me, I rarely replay Louie parts. Unpopular Louie opinion I know. TJ4SOTY,no one else can do what he does. I’d take Gustav or T funk over Louie because they have more style.
[close]

Right here with ya dude. I never rewatch his parts, but appreciate his skating. I really don't think FA fits him either.

Samesies.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

schralp pal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2022, 06:00:43 PM »
Montage is sick af, squad seemed tight, not mad about seeing more of BOD around and Eddie killed it, that head slap was brutal. That air to Fakie on that building was beautiful.

Erik floaty flip tricks are too good and what was that a backside flip revert over a bump to bar?

I like that shot of the cons photog super pumped on Louie landing his trick.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2022, 06:11:31 PM »
Converse must have a sick dental plan.

I loved this shit though. Massive front shove and the fsflip over the dumpster were a couple of my favs. Also the bigger than necessary kickflip over the bump to bar to grass gap to the road when he coulda landed on the sidewalk.

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 28
  • old leg
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2022, 06:28:21 PM »
no ones talking about that massive fs shove fence gap? i thought when delfino ollied into it was already gnarly enough

tray

• Rep: 0
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2022, 06:36:45 PM »
no ones talking about that massive fs shove fence gap? i thought when delfino ollied into it was already gnarly enough

He flew with the front shuv.

Eagle Louie. Airline Louie.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2022, 06:43:43 PM »
I can’t be the only one who doesn’t feel much when I watch Louie parts. Like he’s obviously incredible at skateboarding but it somehow rarely moves me, maybe too textbook to the point of lacking style idk. I think this year is the closest I’ve come to caring about Louie lol. Tyshawn and T Funk parts have me on the edge of my seat. Louie does not have that effect. Tyshawn parts will get replayed forever by me, I rarely replay Louie parts. Unpopular Louie opinion I know. TJ4SOTY,no one else can do what he does. I’d take Gustav or T funk over Louie because they have more style.

I think plenty of pros can do nearly every trick  TJ's does just not as high or far..he however hasn't had parts showing he can do a bunch of the tech  manual and rail stuff etc..people have been doing. Maybe he can and never films it. What we do know is a shitton of pros can pop flat ground tricks consistintely with ease..just not as far and high. I think really people forget the massive flip shit guys like decenzo and Joslin do down stuff or on ledges rails etc cuz nobody is into their style yet they ain't sniffing SOTY

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2022, 06:48:14 PM »
Other than that rocket flip the part was perfect.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2022, 07:14:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think plenty of pros can do nearly every trick  TJ's does just not as high or far..he however hasn't had parts showing he can do a bunch of the tech  manual and rail stuff etc..people have been doing. Maybe he can and never films it. What we do know is a shitton of pros can pop flat ground tricks consistintely with ease..just not as far and high. I think really people forget the massive flip shit guys like decenzo and Joslin do down stuff or on ledges rails etc cuz nobody is into their style yet they ain't sniffing SOTY

Right… so they can’t do what he does. Could never step to his spots.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2022, 07:20:16 PM »
The first time I watched this I was pretty underwhelmed by Louie's part, but then I realized it's cus he's so smooth on a board and makes everything look so fucking easy. Glad to finally see the clip for his cover.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2022, 08:15:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Right here with ya dude. I never rewatch his parts, but appreciate his skating. I really don't think FA fits him either.
[close]

Samesies.
Ditto.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2022, 08:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nollie 270 lip switch back 270 lip switch big flip front board?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2022, 08:30:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Samesies.

I would love a brand around Louie, Mason, Ryan filmer, Jake Anderson, Curren, and whomever else seems to be in that loose crew.   Enjoyed their skating at the alt-contests and video parts this year

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2022, 08:54:45 PM »
Wow, Louie really does have it all

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2022, 08:57:20 PM »
Lotta dick riding in here. That part was a snooze fest and the “front feeble” pop over from 2 angles in slow motion no less was atrocious…mf’s were in here talking about shadows on Tyshawns switch ollie and are gonna let this slide? Idk if they were trying to beef up Louie’s part or humanize him but there was some stuff that could’ve been left out. I really expected a more compelling case for soty from this part tbh. I liked his FA part better tbh even with the 14 year old ABD ollie as his second to last trick. All in all boring edit and didn’t see this hitting the mark for soty. Not a Louie hater either but admittedly a bit indifferent. The dude obviously rips but maybe stretched himself a bit thin on this one? Can’t help but wonder if Ben cut this if I’d have a different opinion…

All that said I really enjoyed Erik’s part and footage although it seemed to end a bit prematurely…maybe cuz I just wanted to see more of him looking good on the board.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2022, 08:59:42 PM »
That was incredible.  I don’t mean this to be mean but he doesn’t look strong enough to skate with that much power, but also makes it look effortless.  If it were StyleOTY he’d have my vote.  Four guys have a solid case for SOTY but in the end just an objective award, the footy war is a treat though.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2022, 09:23:38 PM »
part was pretty sick but man the editors really need to get him to show some more personality in the parts. maybe he just doesn't have any. it definitely makes it a lot less interesting to watch than tyshawn and tfunk.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

pops

• Rep: 241
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2022, 09:56:50 PM »
louie is doing shit nobody else is doing, those kiss the rail pop overs are insane. creative tricks without resorting to gimmicks all throughout. by far the most tasteful part in the soty conversation

big respect for the fakie bigspin

The fs feeble pop over massive drop to street was crazy. So many things could go wrong.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2022, 10:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Samesies.
[close]
Ditto.
Room for one more?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2022, 11:31:12 PM »
Converse must have a sick dental plan.

I loved this shit though. Massive front shove and the fsflip over the dumpster were a couple of my favs. Also the bigger than necessary kickflip over the bump to bar to grass gap to the road when he coulda landed on the sidewalk.

Dental Plan!

Louie needs braces!

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2022, 12:38:18 AM »
i think louie just stole my heart for SOTY
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2022, 12:54:47 AM »
This and the TFunk part will get a lot of replay over the years. They're so gnarly on first watch and you immediately want to start it over from the beginning once it's over. Impeccable trick selection, insane spots, flawless top to bottom.

On the other hand, I'll probably never revisit any of those Jah parts and fat bill absolutely butchered an incredible nbd for Tyshawn. Tyshawn had insane tricks but poor execution in the editing, filming and release of those tricks.

couldnt agree with this post more. spot on.

Louie has to be one of the smoothest out. Absolutely love watching his parts

everyone making a push for soty is so different, comes down to preference. i'd pick louie or tfunk but i would understand if any of the 4 get the nod.

just soaking in all the crazy footage we got the past few weeks, been fun to witness this level theyre on

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2022, 01:11:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Samesies.
[close]
Ditto.
[close]
Room for one more?

Makes even less sense he was in with the IC crew back in their heyday

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2022, 01:22:17 AM »
Montage is sick af, squad seemed tight, not mad about seeing more of BOD around and Eddie killed it, that head slap was brutal. That air to Fakie on that building was beautiful.

Erik floaty flip tricks are too good and what was that a backside flip revert over a bump to bar?

I like that shot of the cons photog super pumped on Louie landing his trick.

Agree. Was stoked to get the unexpected bonus of BOD and Cernicky clips. I think the latter’s air to faking may have been an air to fakie grind. It looked like he got his trucks on it.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

burner

• Rep: 91
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2022, 01:32:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Obviously he can't and that's not his thing. Neither is creativity. TJ is really fucking amazing at bouncing up, down and over things; that's his superpower. And packaging it in dramatic, slo-mo, instagram friendly clips. No wonder he's so successful and popular.

burner

• Rep: 91
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2022, 01:48:33 AM »
Can we talk about the video and not only the Louie part/SOTY thing?

Love Erik's skating, something clean and old school about it, simple tricks done well. He's absolutely perfect for Chocolate. Ender was amazing and he has the best back noseblunt out at the moment.

Can't believe Eddie re-did that gap to 5-o after that slam to the head. Kind of think he shouldn't have.

Louie killed it, too many amazing tricks to mention and tasteful to a t. He makes the diciest shit look easy (front feeble pop over!) The front nose pretzel at the Louvre must be the apotheosis of that trick.

I never paid much attention to Flip Louie, but since going to FA he's just undeniable. Really loved this part, creative, unpredictable, and seems to be really enjoying skating not just getting the clip for ego or ups. Really infectious positive vibes and smiles, on high rotation with this one. I don't care about SOTY, it's getting kinda tacky and taking away from the skaters individual talents and achievements and just turning into a jock fest, a versus contest, which is super lame. I would say though, out of all the recent supposed 'SOTY parts", this is my favourite, like this is how I wish I could skate, this looks fun, interesting spots, creative tricks, big variety, great fits, super stylish, it's relatable but actually completely out of reach; this is how my skating looks in my dreams.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2022, 02:23:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Right… so they can’t do what he does. Could never step to his spots.

dudes spots are foot wide one story ledge gaps, subway entrances and moving construction vehicles in nyc traffic. Damn thinking about it he made a valid point about skating iconic spots. His parts are just like best of compilations for famous spots . Not relevant I guess , I can’t sleep.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2022, 02:44:14 AM »
That entire part was wet as piss, and was a real treat.  TJ is like a superhero, but nothing he did made me think 'what the fuck was that'.  T Funks part was brutal, but he seems like a fuckin' shithead.  Nyjahs part was just watching a Skater XL / Session clip.  This was fun.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2022, 02:52:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Holy shit

[close]

Dude I made the same clip! Crazy that it stood out to you as well.  The control for this one is tops.
yeah that was a fuckin' shock.  How do you 4 wheel down that fuckin' thing at the best of times?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2022, 06:49:49 AM »
god damn i love watching erik skate

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2022, 08:01:29 AM »
How much does Louie not skating  a lot of recognisable/known/famous spots play into the whole 'I don't really remember anything he did'?