Author Topic: Lennie Kirk catches a beat down a Waller  (Read 25469 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
Re: Lennie Kirk catches a beat down a Waller
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2022, 07:39:17 PM »
Speaking of T-Funk...I can't explain it, but ever since T-funk came into the scene I always looked at him and thought "man, that kid seems like a total dickbag". Like, I'm not saying I'm right or justified, I know very little about him, but just something about him rubs me the wrong way. Can't really explain it.

@feedmeseymour said T Funk at a demo told him to participate in a board throw. He told T Funk he was good and T Funk then told him to ‘fuck off’.

T Funk would shit himself if he was one on one with Lennie.

Sticks and Stones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »
T Funk would shit himself if he was one on one with Lennie.
[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSjCeQq1EY

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2022, 04:43:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
An interesting study in “what could have been”. In some bizarre, or possibly correct alternate reality, Lennie goes on to become one of the GOAT’s of street skating.
[close]

Nothing could have been the dude sucked and had terrible style on top of being a total kook.  I don’t get the fascination with this dude when there are so many better stable minded skaters from that era. 

Let this dude just pile out in the name of the lord and go the fuck away.
[close]

Watching Lenny skate in person is one of the best experiences. Dude charged and was incredibly good, early AWS days he was super consistent too, watching him skate pier 7 back then was amazing to say the least.

That's sick to hear. I liked his "just fuckin go for it" style of skating mixed with the tech. I've got his "harvest" graphic tattooed on my leg.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2022, 08:25:19 AM »
is it true that a cupped hand hard slap on the ear will perforate their eardrum?  or is that bro-science

Very true, this coming from a nurse here.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2022, 08:36:06 AM »
Expand Quote
is it true that a cupped hand hard slap on the ear will perforate their eardrum?  or is that bro-science
[close]

When I was a kid around aged 5 or 6, my aunt popped my cousin's ear drum with a q-tip. He was the same age as me. Ever since then I've been skeptical of those little cotton bastards.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2022, 08:40:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
An interesting study in “what could have been”. In some bizarre, or possibly correct alternate reality, Lennie goes on to become one of the GOAT’s of street skating.
[close]

Nothing could have been the dude sucked and had terrible style on top of being a total kook.  I don’t get the fascination with this dude when there are so many better stable minded skaters from that era. 

[close]

Watching Lenny skate in person is one of the best experiences. Dude charged and was incredibly good, early AWS days he was super consistent too, watching him skate pier 7 back then was amazing to say the least.
[close]

That's sick to hear. I liked his "just fuckin go for it" style of skating mixed with the tech. I've got his "harvest" graphic tattooed on my leg.

That’s why for all the jokes here, it’s silly seeing people shitting on Lennie’s skating. His switch game was absurd.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2022, 09:28:58 AM »
After watching the video, that was really wack of them.  After all the shit that happened with GX1000, you’d think SF skaters would be a little more mindful about gang beating a guy.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2022, 09:33:21 AM »
After watching the video, that was really wack of them.  After all the shit that happened with GX1000, you’d think SF skaters would be a little more mindful about gang beating a guy.

So lame, has it come out what Lennie did that started this or are people just cheering for the beating of a mentally unwell man. Also Fuck Tristan (misserably attempt to) kick him in the head a couple more times poosay
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2022, 09:33:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s why for all the jokes here, it’s silly seeing people shitting on Lennie’s skating. His switch game was absurd.

Yep. I like to kid around but I'm a huge nerd for Lennie. Big fan of his skating. All balls mixed with tech. I guess that "tech gnar" term

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2022, 09:58:09 AM »
So lame, has it come out what Lennie did that started this or are people just cheering for the beating of a mentally unwell man.

I was told he pepper sprayed someone.

JohnOakley

• Rep: -6
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2022, 09:59:42 AM »
Dude who posted the vid seems to be implicating T-Funk in his story. Have a look.
"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll have a look"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2022, 10:01:39 AM »
Expand Quote
So lame, has it come out what Lennie did that started this or are people just cheering for the beating of a mentally unwell man.
[close]

I was told he pepper sprayed someone.
I think you can hear someone say it in the clip.

JohnOakley

• Rep: -6
"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll have a look"

suomynona

• Rep: 21
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2022, 10:13:55 AM »
Lennie was the instigator. He sucker punched one skater and hit some skaters in their faces. He was also trying to mace people.

Skaters in the video were looking out for one another, they should have backed off once he was down, but unfortunately mob mentality kicked in.

Let's not forget Lennie has a history of domestic abuse, robbing people, and making threats. He's mentally unstable.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 05:31:55 PM by suomynona »

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2022, 10:20:49 AM »
Heard from a friend that was there:

Lennie was trying to talk to these kids, following them around harassing them and obviously they didn't know who he was and was trying to ignore them

So Lennie spits on them and tries to fight them

Older guy gets in the way tries to tell him to leave

Lennie maces the dude and then tries to punch him

People jump in

Something along those lines I don't remember exactly what he said, but this was all 100% on Lennie. That being said, once he's down should probably lay off

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2022, 10:27:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thanks

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2022, 10:59:32 AM »
Speaking of T-Funk...I can't explain it, but ever since T-funk came into the scene I always looked at him and thought "man, that kid seems like a total dickbag". Like, I'm not saying I'm right or justified, I know very little about him, but just something about him rubs me the wrong way. Can't really explain it.

Like 5 years back I was in LA for some reason and went to check out pedlow skatepark by myself to pass some time. T-funk was there. It was a hot day and i was just chilling on the bench under the tree watching t-funk (from a distance) try a line in the snake run with his buddy filming him. I think it involved a backside boneless at the end of the snake run. Every time he didn't land it he would scream, swear or throw his board around and i think after one attempt i must have laughed or something because he looked at me and screamed 'WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT, N****R?!!!'

I don't want to get him cancelled or anything because he was probably 14 at the time so take my story with a grain of salt because i'm just some random anonymous guy on the internet, but it was pretty fucking funny/bad.

You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

wheelchair skitch

• Rep: -19
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2022, 11:38:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Lennie didn't seem very impressed by the whole thing, probably experienced much worse in prison.

Sad day for the "wolfpack" outting themselves as a bunch of giant pussies.
[close]

if this is confirmed T-Funk, what's this do to his SOTY push? Will they have to call him "Tristan" now? Thrasher loves Lenny Kirk, no? How could your Skater of the Year be so ineffective with defenseless kicks to the head?

I lol'd

Trouser is going to be living in fear after this.
BE LIKE WATER

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2022, 11:57:20 AM »
can anyone link the page for me so i can watch the vid, hardpost insta posts dont work for me for some reason?  thanks

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2022, 11:59:18 AM »
Not much to add here, but “lay down olhead you bent up nasty” is one of my favourite phrases in a long time.  Aside from that page and bussupbussup are there any other good skate igs I’m missing?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2022, 01:55:43 PM »
i have no doubt Lennie did something fucked up and deserved to have hands put on him, but they went way overboard.  you don't kick someone in the head while they're on the ground, that could easily kill somebody. 

kinda weird that on this same message board the GX dudes get crucified for a scuffle where the dude was pushed/fell and  hit his head, and here's a group of kids actively kicking some guy in the head (a celebrated ex-pro no less) and people are acting like its casual/funny. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2022, 02:05:25 PM »
i have no doubt Lennie did something fucked up and deserved to have hands put on him, but they went way overboard.  you don't kick someone in the head while they're on the ground, that could easily kill somebody. 

kinda weird that on this same message board the GX dudes get crucified for a scuffle where the dude was pushed/fell and  hit his head, and here's a group of kids actively kicking some guy in the head (a celebrated ex-pro no less) and people are acting like its casual/funny.

Both incidents are gross, but I’m guess that Lennie Kirk exiting apparently unscathed makes it a bit different from the security guard who was severely injured

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 40
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2022, 02:17:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Both incidents are gross, but I’m guess that Lennie Kirk exiting apparently unscathed makes it a bit different from the security guard who was severely injured

Get where you are coming from, but to me this is a flawed way of looking at a situation. Both situations could have gone either way, the initial action should get judged accordingly. Kicking someone in the head isn’t okay just because nothing happened.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2022, 02:37:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Get where you are coming from, but to me this is a flawed way of looking at a situation. Both situations could have gone either way, the initial action should get judged accordingly. Kicking someone in the head isn’t okay just because nothing happened.

I’d argue the opposite in this case (assuming the Kirkman is the aggressor). People like that need to be subdued and arrested, and medically assisted from an institutional standpoint at all costs. We don’t need another Terry Kennedy situation out there when it can be prevented.
Protect yourselves, protect your community.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2022, 02:41:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like 5 years back I was in LA for some reason and went to check out pedlow skatepark by myself to pass some time. T-funk was there. It was a hot day and i was just chilling on the bench under the tree watching t-funk (from a distance) try a line in the snake run with his buddy filming him. I think it involved a backside boneless at the end of the snake run. Every time he didn't land it he would scream, swear or throw his board around and i think after one attempt i must have laughed or something because he looked at me and screamed 'WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT, N****R?!!!'

I don't want to get him cancelled or anything because he was probably 14 at the time so take my story with a grain of salt because i'm just some random anonymous guy on the internet, but it was pretty fucking funny/bad.

There are no grains of salt when the N word gets thrown out like that, regardless of his age at the time.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2022, 02:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

honestly, he gives off that vibe of someone who would say that. never been a fan of him, or his skating for that matter. everything about him is cringy.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2022, 04:01:24 PM »
So what happened here? Anyone care to share what happened before the mob jumped him?

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2022, 04:11:21 PM »
So what happened here? Anyone care to share what happened before the mob jumped him?

OBEY THE LORD!

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2022, 04:26:32 PM »
Not much to add here, but “lay down olhead you bent up nasty” is one of my favourite phrases in a long time.  Aside from that page and bussupbussup are there any other good skate igs I’m missing?

I was all about man_you_corny or whatever it was called but I think it's been gone for a minute.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2022, 06:12:38 PM »

One guy was doing his regular 9 to 5 asking them to leave and they were putting up barricades (which they kept on moving). Lennie started shit, and has a long history of fucked up behavior. So, yeah, I have a lot more sympathy for a guy who was just trying to do his 9 to 5 job, than a guy who maced someone out of nowhere and has a long-violent history involving beating women and robbing people at gunpoint getting the shit kicked out of him.