Author Topic: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead"  (Read 61779 times)

backside_reacharound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -208
Re: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead" Coming Soon
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2022, 02:47:02 AM »
Tjs fits aren’t even that bad compared to nyjahs.  Yall  are on some other shit

Did Cam'ron write this? Matching your baby blue durag to your baby blue and pink sweatpants.... yikes

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2022, 03:58:22 AM »
nyjah is definitely lacking in the department of little people chasing him after he lands something
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2022, 04:25:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Doing it over the strip would be much more impressive and would be respecting the legacy of the spot.
[close]

I’m pretty sure the Ollie and 180 over the gap were done before the blind bumps were there. It used to just be a small strip of yellow paint.
[close]

Yep. 

It always baffles me how confidently some people make objectively wrong statements. If you wanna hate on someone, at least put some effort into it.

[close]

They have those rumble strip bumps in some of the the crosswalks on Broadway now (near 96th), if you ever hit them by accident you get fucking tossed

The 180 was with bumps but using a sign

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2022, 04:30:38 AM »
Lmao the filming on those last tricks were so bad. Like, Bill couldn’t be bothered to zoom out at all? The filming of the trick over the can into the kicker was not legible , you get no sense of what’s going on. It’s like the Bourne identity out here .

Luckily the lines with the cans have a rear angle and reinforce how fucked up and legit all of tjs shit is. Try discrediting him now asshole.

IpathCats

« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2022, 05:45:14 AM »
Is KB in this or not?

Also, holy shit is Fat Bill living up to the nickname. They really did him wrong premiering this close to thanksgiving. Sorry William, i dont think the agressive zooming counts as cardio.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2022, 06:02:34 AM »

53 mins. No DVD.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2022, 06:13:11 AM »
i would've only wanted the dvd, drats

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2022, 06:27:23 AM »
Fat bill should honestly be put to sleep for doing TJ like this.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

bohemian

• Rep: -312
« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2022, 06:28:41 AM »
ty and bill should be forced to have a fight to death in a locked cage for their crimes against good filming.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2022, 06:30:55 AM »
Those heads over at Nike are a bunch of sneaky sons of bitches. By tomorrow everybody and their mother will have seen Jahs part.

Most if not all Play Dead parts will pale in comparison, and Fat Bills filming will do the rest and annoy the fuck out of everyone. No time to postpone to film more.

They probably got some inside info from heads who ride both for Supreme.

I don't like Nike at all but this was a clever move.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2022, 06:38:45 AM »
Holy fuck balls he really porked the pooch on that subway kickflip

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2022, 07:07:27 AM »
The main takeaway here is that tyshawn is a beast and ant travis is a great filmer
where is home?

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2022, 07:14:54 AM »
I thought they were called blind bumps

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2022, 07:37:53 AM »
How has everyone seen the TJ part already?
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #314 on: November 30, 2022, 07:47:43 AM »
ty and bill should be forced to have a fight to death in a locked cage for their crimes against good filming.
and then the winner has to film exclusively like the other one for eternity

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #315 on: November 30, 2022, 07:48:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
3 ft?  Lmfao do u have any idea how fucked this is regardless.  When I first saw he kickflipped the subway I didn’t even think of the yellow strip before it
[close]

The rumble strip is one of the main reasons the kickflip hasn’t been done. The carve on the runup, the strip which makes you pop early, the length of the gap, and the third rail. If you don’t believe me, go look at the Jenkem video when the kickflip cover came out (measured with the strip) or this article from Curbed explaining to the outside world what makes the trick iconic (discussed the strip at several points). So yeah, removing the rumble strip from the equation of that absolutely changes what makes it iconic in a significant way.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjoTaI3OoxB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.curbed.com/2022/10/the-making-of-tyshawn-joness-subway-gap-skating-shot.html

Yes, it’s still impressive, of course. I do actually “have any idea how fucked this is regardless”. On the other hand, it’s EXPLICITLY NOT what the people writing that Curbed article or doing the Jenkem thing THOUGHT he was doing. We can all adjust our expectations and choose to be impressed anyway, but I’m not off base for being disappointed when I notice that what was done was not what everyone thought.

Doing it over the strip would be much more impressive and would be respecting the legacy of the spot.
[close]

“Omg the kickflip isn’t what Jenkem said 😩”

I think that’s more the problem, is the photo came out and there was so much hype because everyone assumed he kickflipped the gap and the blind bumps on each side. Jenkem went to the station, did they not notice a section was quikcreted? Had it been fixed already? Any skater would clock that right away as a diy fix to skate the spot I would think

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #316 on: November 30, 2022, 07:48:43 AM »
How has everyone seen the TJ part already?

Premiere cam bootleg. Pretty sure it's taken down now though as I can't find it in my YouTube history. Someone posted a mirror of it I believe if you dig through this or a one of the Tyshawn related threads.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #317 on: November 30, 2022, 07:50:17 AM »
i have to wonder the cost breakdown of printing a book vs. printing dvds, or even the reasoning behind it. seems kind of pointless, how often would you grab a book of screenshots off the shelf?

vinithebr

• Rep: -23
« Reply #318 on: November 30, 2022, 07:56:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
3 ft?  Lmfao do u have any idea how fucked this is regardless.  When I first saw he kickflipped the subway I didn’t even think of the yellow strip before it
[close]

The rumble strip is one of the main reasons the kickflip hasn’t been done. The carve on the runup, the strip which makes you pop early, the length of the gap, and the third rail. If you don’t believe me, go look at the Jenkem video when the kickflip cover came out (measured with the strip) or this article from Curbed explaining to the outside world what makes the trick iconic (discussed the strip at several points). So yeah, removing the rumble strip from the equation of that absolutely changes what makes it iconic in a significant way.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjoTaI3OoxB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.curbed.com/2022/10/the-making-of-tyshawn-joness-subway-gap-skating-shot.html

Yes, it’s still impressive, of course. I do actually “have any idea how fucked this is regardless”. On the other hand, it’s EXPLICITLY NOT what the people writing that Curbed article or doing the Jenkem thing THOUGHT he was doing. We can all adjust our expectations and choose to be impressed anyway, but I’m not off base for being disappointed when I notice that what was done was not what everyone thought.

[close]
Regardless dude the rumble strip ain’t even close to 3 feet long, shits a foot and a half at most, nitpicking some shit like this is super wack to me honestly

Exaggerated? Yes, but there are still some valid points there to consider.

Can't wait for some of you to change your mind about the kickflip after another analysis from a youtuber, ridiculous.

A trick can still be appreciated while also being aware of criticism. That goes for Tyshawn, TFkunk, Nigel and any other pro.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #319 on: November 30, 2022, 08:05:42 AM »
i have to wonder the cost breakdown of printing a book vs. printing dvds, or even the reasoning behind it. seems kind of pointless, how often would you grab a book of screenshots off the shelf?

People buy photography books all the time. While it would be nice to have a dvd included, it’s not that backwards.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2022, 08:16:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

People buy photography books all the time. While it would be nice to have a dvd included, it’s not that backwards.
i'm obviously not talking about photography books in general, but this specific book. if you look through the IG post it shows what's in the book and it's literally screenshots from the video.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2022, 08:18:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i'm obviously not talking about photography books in general, but this specific book. if you look through the IG post it shows what's in the book and it's literally screenshots from the video.
because international students at NYU will buy anything with a supreme logo on it using daddy’s AMEX.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • Free Max B
« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2022, 08:25:21 AM »
I figured the dvd was in the book or comes with the shirt..didn’t the blessed DVD come with the tees?

What is really good with both Kevin’s being absent though..bummer

Free max b
FREE MAX B

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2022, 09:15:30 AM »
Maybe the dvd will be separate, the blessed bundle sold out quick due to there being a t-shirt with it and they eventually restocked the dvds on their own. 

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #324 on: November 30, 2022, 09:19:33 AM »
The photography book is screen grabs of Bill’s footage? Hopefully there is actually photos in it. Would be funny if they added screen grabs of his bad angles like the ones posted here. 
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #325 on: November 30, 2022, 09:46:59 AM »
idk looks like a DVD lol.

But they don't mention it so I guess no more. oh well.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #326 on: November 30, 2022, 09:52:36 AM »
The photo of TJ's kickflip versus the video of it makes me feel like I ordered Play Dead on Wish.com.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #327 on: November 30, 2022, 09:54:21 AM »
The photo of TJ's kickflip versus the video of it makes me feel like I ordered Play Dead on Wish.com.

LOL

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2022, 11:02:52 AM »
I thought they were called blind bumps

Tactile indicators, actually.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
« Reply #329 on: November 30, 2022, 11:19:39 AM »
Untitled by
This would be a crop I would do to parody what I'd imagine the footage would look like. No way this is the only angle. I'd take an iphone angle over this.