Author Topic: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead"  (Read 61395 times)

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
Re: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead" Coming Soon
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2022, 03:58:01 PM »
Does anyone enjoys watching this August B. skating? Btw. this dudes stayed for a while in Berlin, I hope they just not use all the footy for that short "mindgoblin" teaser

His back hand makes me annoyed as fuck. I appreciated him in small doses with his slightly different approach to the spots that everyone else murdered but at this point idk wtf bill sees in him. But id love to be wrong with this vid

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2022, 04:13:00 PM »
Does anyone enjoys watching this August B. skating? Btw. this dudes stayed for a while in Berlin, I hope they just not use all the footy for that short "mindgoblin" teaser

I'm fairly certain this is an all east coast video.

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2022, 04:14:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

His back hand makes me annoyed as fuck. I appreciated him in small doses with his slightly different approach to the spots that everyone else murdered but at this point idk wtf bill sees in him. But id love to be wrong with this vid

Sometimes his tricks seem like something I could do but he has some sick flashes, that section with the escalator in the violet promo was probably my fav stuff from that vid

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2022, 04:55:05 PM »
How do we all hate carumia so much but supreme gets A pass ?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2022, 05:09:24 PM »

I dislike both but how are they even in the same league of shit?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2022, 05:37:21 PM »

The team?

ApesPissed

• Rep: 58
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2022, 06:13:36 PM »
Supreme announces a video, a day later the thread is 3 pages long.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2022, 07:59:24 PM »
no shit dude the fuck you on about

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2022, 08:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ll take the shitty shoe company , who are paying a bunch of skaters to skate , over the elitism , over priced , overhyped skate fashion brand. Even if they have good skaters on the team.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2022, 08:05:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ll take the shitty shoe company , who are paying a bunch of skaters to skate , over the elitism , over priced , overhyped skate fashion brand. Even if they have good skaters on the team.

really enjoying trying to imagine what this guy looks like in my head, do you wear accels?
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

rickdizzo

• Rep: 15
  • I'M THE WHITE LIAM NEESON
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2022, 08:13:21 PM »
supreme got some good clothes once and a while and has tyshawn, kader, beatrice, ben to say the least. what does carriuma has mostly contest guys.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2022, 08:29:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You do realize Supreme started as a skate shop right ?

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2022, 08:59:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

McDonald's started as one location. Doesn't mean a ton.

Supreme is owned by a giant corporation larger than Cariuma's backing. At this point Supremes got as much connection to it's origin as a skate shop as any other major corporation has to is roots 30 years on. It's a soulless vessel of Capitalism only accountable to it's investors and profits.

I don't say that to excuse Cariuma nor discredit any of Supremes contributions to skateboarding, but come on.

Anyone who legitimately buys Supreme products is a bit sad, don't you think? Weird brand fetishizing. Anyone who buys something as a status symbol really gives me a giant red flag about that person's values and how comfortable they feel in their own skin.

Say what you will about Cariuma (and it will all be legitimate critique) but at least they aren't selling $50 t shirts and $150 hoodies like I am looking at on Supremes website right now.

Edit: lol looked at Cariuma's website and their t shirts go up to $45. Who the fuck would buy that lol...
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2022, 09:50:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I wonder if this is coming out soon like before SOTY is announced or later, anyone have an idea of when?
[close]
I think blessed dropped on thanksgiving so maybe it'll be the same for this.

someone in the other thread said it drops on Black Friday

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClJ1QlsOlVj/

My guess would be full sections from Tyshawn, Troy, Seven, Sully, Ben, & Kader
Maybe Aidan, Rowan, Vincent, & Caleb
Footage from Kris, Nik, Auguste, Sean, Sage, Beatrice, & Mark

probably closer in run time to Cherry than Blessed

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2022, 10:25:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Supreme is owned by a giant corporation larger than Cariuma's backing. At this point Supremes got as much connection to it's origin as a skate shop as any other major corporation has to is roots 30 years on. It's a soulless vessel of Capitalism only accountable to it's investors and profits.

I don't say that to excuse Cariuma nor discredit any of Supremes contributions to skateboarding, but come on.

Anyone who legitimately buys Supreme products is a bit sad, don't you think? Weird brand fetishizing. Anyone who buys something as a status symbol really gives me a giant red flag about that person's values and how comfortable they feel in their own skin.

Say what you will about Cariuma (and it will all be legitimate critique) but at least they aren't selling $50 t shirts and $150 hoodies like I am looking at on Supremes website right now.

Edit: lol looked at Cariuma's website and their t shirts go up to $45. Who the fuck would buy that lol...

guys who post like this, look like this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYl1yyKIQ91/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYoy2nxICt1/

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2022, 10:41:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Kevin Rodriguez is not on Supreme anymore
[close]

Supreme still follows him on ig

Yeah and I still follow my ex ain’t mean we together.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2022, 11:07:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol... That's hilarious.

For real though, for how much people talk shit about individual skaters all day on here, it's funny how if anyone dare critiques a poor 2 billion dollar clothing brand, people get all defensive like you insulted their childs painting.

Like Polar sell overpriced clothing, but at least that money is going towards keeping an awesome (and unique) line of boards being made. They're innovating on shapes and things like popularizing wheel wells. They're contributing to skateboarding in multiple ways. On top of that, their overpriced pants are actually designed with Skateboarding in mind (and not quite as colossally overpriced as Supreme).

I'm glad they put out sick videos and contribute to skating in that way, but it's just bizarre that skateboarders haven't really pushed back against Supreme at all. Like Cariuma's backers aren't any different than VF corp. The only difference is apparently the Cariuma investors weren't savvy enough to trick kids by buying the corpse of an existing "respected brand" to push their wares.

I'm not dismissing all of Cariuma's other dishonest bullshit (it's a long list), I'm more so drawing comparisons to the outsiders profiting off of skateboarding and siphoning money from the skate community.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2022, 11:55:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol... That's hilarious.

For real though, for how much people talk shit about individual skaters all day on here, it's funny how if anyone dare critiques a poor 2 billion dollar clothing brand, people get all defensive like you insulted their childs painting.

Like Polar sell overpriced clothing, but at least that money is going towards keeping an awesome (and unique) line of boards being made. They're innovating on shapes and things like popularizing wheel wells. They're contributing to skateboarding in multiple ways. On top of that, their overpriced pants are actually designed with Skateboarding in mind (and not quite as colossally overpriced as Supreme).

I'm glad they put out sick videos and contribute to skating in that way, but it's just bizarre that skateboarders haven't really pushed back against Supreme at all. Like Cariuma's backers aren't any different than VF corp. The only difference is apparently the Cariuma investors weren't savvy enough to trick kids by buying the corpse of an existing "respected brand" to push their wares.

I'm not dismissing all of Cariuma's other dishonest bullshit (it's a long list), I'm more so drawing comparisons to the outsiders profiting off of skateboarding and siphoning money from the skate community.

supreme sponsor/employ/pay skaters more than polar ever will (and their pants are great to skate in)

rickdizzo

• Rep: 15
  • I'M THE WHITE LIAM NEESON
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2022, 12:18:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it’s funny my ex un followed and blocked all of my family members on IG but kept my lil bro, who was pretty whatever on the SO

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1135
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2022, 02:54:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it’s funny my ex un followed and blocked all of my family members on IG but kept my lil bro, who was pretty whatever on the SO
how do you feel about that

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2022, 03:10:00 AM »
blessed is sick, mind goblin is the insufferable one
Can mind Goblin be considered a full length? We don't really have full parts in it so I dunno. I actually like it to be honest. The trippy zoom ins can be nauseating sometimes but the whole line up of skaters and german spots are pretty good. NIK STAIN DOING A HAND RAIL!!!

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2022, 03:10:21 AM »
this thread is now about rickdizzo's relationship with his ex until the video drops

Current Capeless

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2022, 03:25:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Can mind Goblin be considered a full length? We don't really have full parts in it so I dunno. I actually like it to be honest. The trippy zoom ins can be nauseating sometimes but the whole line up of skaters and german spots are pretty good. NIK STAIN DOING A HAND RAIL!!!

a really cool hand rail too. psyched for the video, i liked most of strobecks videos

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2022, 06:14:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

a really cool hand rail too. psyched for the video, i liked most of strobecks videos
After I watched Mind Goblin, everytime i see Nik Stain in any edit i want him to hit some handrail.

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2022, 07:17:19 AM »
how long till kb is of nike?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2022, 07:56:00 AM »
Supreme should have started sending Bryan Herman boxes after he showed up in that one fat bill clip. That would have been a good look for them.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -138
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2022, 08:10:33 AM »
excited to see some footage from all these guys. not excited to see strobeck fuck all the footage up

that said i cant wait to see some sean and sage footy. its been so long since those guys have been in a skate video

something about the whole violet team pisses me off though except for troy.

and i wish supreme would let johnny do the supreme vids. i dont know if i can deal with another minute of close up slo mo cigarettes
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 08:17:43 AM by backfliptofiftyfifty »

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2022, 08:24:49 AM »
have a feeling this tyshawn part might be pretty wild

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2022, 08:43:15 AM »
Supreme paid Johnny Wilson and anything beyond that is a moot point.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2022, 08:51:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The team?

The history.  They were a skate shop where everyone kicked it before they turned into a more expensive Gadzooks