Author Topic: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead"  (Read 61960 times)

companguero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
Re: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead" Coming Soon
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2022, 11:37:49 AM »
Can't believe the casual scene of Tyshawn playing with the noseblunt here

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2022, 11:51:03 AM »
Can't believe the casual scene of Tyshawn playing with the noseblunt here

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dude is actually noseblunt sliding up Pyramid ledges WTF

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2022, 12:03:11 PM »
Untitled by
This would be a crop I would do to parody what I'd imagine the footage would look like. No way this is the only angle. I'd take an iphone angle over this.

Dude ollied a Philly barrel and he cut off the full barrel🤡

LebowskisRug

« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2022, 12:10:55 PM »
Has any other filmer ruined/degraded so many seminal parts?

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2022, 01:46:12 PM »
These screen shots are contenders for Bummer of the Year.

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2022, 01:52:21 PM »
attended. filming was terrible - big bummer. to even step to the subway gap is psycho. photo was the highlight.

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2022, 02:54:00 PM »
Untitled by
This would be a crop I would do to parody what I'd imagine the footage would look like. No way this is the only angle. I'd take an iphone angle over this.

wow! how? how can you mess it up that bad?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2022, 03:00:06 PM »
i went back and watched Cherry again just to check... was the filming always this bad? I remembered that there was lots of face zoom in that video and it definitely felt different to everything else at the time.

the answer is no. Cherry was a million times better filming wise. tons of normal fisheye and long lens clips and most of the the stuff has the full skater and obstacle in view. there's lots of close ups in the b-roll and before/after the trick but the actual tricks are represented well.

he's definitely gotten so much worse. TJ had to go back and literally refilm the table ollie because the angle was so ass, and I can't believe we'll never see a better angle of the subway kickflip on video.

it's a bummer.

EDIT: and as others have said thank fuck that TJ has level-headed photographers on the session. they saved both the philly can ollie and subway kickflip by being somewhat respectful and not shooting it like they're on Omaha Beach

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2022, 03:09:25 PM »
i went back and watched Cherry again just to check... was the filming always this bad? I remembered that there was lots of face zoom in that video and it definitely felt different to everything else at the time.

the answer is no. Cherry was a million times better filming wise. tons of normal fisheye and long lens clips and most of the the stuff has the full skater and obstacle in view. there's lots of close ups in the b-roll and before/after the trick but the actual tricks are represented well.

he's definitely gotten so much worse. TJ had to go back and literally refilm the table ollie because the angle was so ass, and I can't believe we'll never see a better angle of the subway kickflip on video.

it's a bummer.

EDIT: and as others have said thank fuck that TJ has level-headed photographers on the session. they saved both the philly can ollie and subway kickflip by being somewhat respectful and not shooting it like they're on Omaha Beach
worst part (arguably) is that the switch ollie wasn’t even filmed by bill. He loves Ryan garshell a lot I’m surprised he just doesn’t get him to film majority of his stuff. Would be 10 times better

cutman

• Rep: 16
« Reply #339 on: November 30, 2022, 03:12:16 PM »
Untitled by

this shit looks like it was taken from the background of cell phone footage subway crime

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2022, 03:18:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
3 ft?  Lmfao do u have any idea how fucked this is regardless.  When I first saw he kickflipped the subway I didn’t even think of the yellow strip before it
[close]

The rumble strip is one of the main reasons the kickflip hasn’t been done. The carve on the runup, the strip which makes you pop early, the length of the gap, and the third rail. If you don’t believe me, go look at the Jenkem video when the kickflip cover came out (measured with the strip) or this article from Curbed explaining to the outside world what makes the trick iconic (discussed the strip at several points). So yeah, removing the rumble strip from the equation of that absolutely changes what makes it iconic in a significant way.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjoTaI3OoxB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.curbed.com/2022/10/the-making-of-tyshawn-joness-subway-gap-skating-shot.html

Yes, it’s still impressive, of course. I do actually “have any idea how fucked this is regardless”. On the other hand, it’s EXPLICITLY NOT what the people writing that Curbed article or doing the Jenkem thing THOUGHT he was doing. We can all adjust our expectations and choose to be impressed anyway, but I’m not off base for being disappointed when I notice that what was done was not what everyone thought.

Doing it over the strip would be much more impressive and would be respecting the legacy of the spot.
[close]
Regardless dude the rumble strip ain’t even close to 3 feet long, shits a foot and a half at most, nitpicking some shit like this is super wack to me honestly

1.5 + 1.5 = 3

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2022, 03:22:00 PM »
Pretty sure Bill didn’t film everything. Johnny Wilson, Joseph Nicolaus and Alex Greenberg probably filmed a few of the questionable tricks as well.

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2022, 03:23:31 PM »
Expand Quote

it's a bummer.

[close]
worst part (arguably) is that the switch ollie wasn’t even filmed by bill. He loves Ryan garshell a lot I’m surprised he just doesn’t get him to film majority of his stuff. Would be 10 times better
The problem is also that Bill makes the other filmers (I guess Johnny and Alex Greenberg in this case) copy his style for his videos so even if Garshell filmed it it might still look like ass. Wishful thinking, but maybe the lack of Touzery and Caleb footage is because they're are hiding it for a Johnny edit instead.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2022, 03:27:34 PM »
On the real tip though y'all who else is PSYCHED for the new Swan part to drop? El parte de nuestra abuelita esta buena!

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2022, 04:10:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i have to wonder the cost breakdown of printing a book vs. printing dvds, or even the reasoning behind it. seems kind of pointless, how often would you grab a book of screenshots off the shelf?
[close]

People buy photography books all the time. While it would be nice to have a dvd included, it’s not that backwards.
[close]
i'm obviously not talking about photography books in general, but this specific book. if you look through the IG post it shows what's in the book and it's literally screenshots from the video.

to answer your first question, DVD's are way cheaper to produce. even cheaper than printing CD's I recently found out.
in Supreme's defense, print is really the most timeless medium.
most will watch the video on YouTube and in another 5 years there will be even fewer DVD players than there are now.

you're not wrong that the post features screengrabs but I highly doubt that's all the book features.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2022, 04:19:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by
[close]

wow! how? how can you mess it up that bad?

They filmed someone just throwing a pair of shoes and a board across the platforms? Some art I just don't get.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2022, 04:20:42 PM »
I’m not a gambling man but I wouldn’t be surprised if Nygod dropped more footage in 12 minutes than fat bill caught in 53.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2022, 04:36:21 PM »
On the real tip though y'all who else is PSYCHED for the new Swan part to drop? El parte de nuestra abuelita esta buena!

hope he brought it down the pipe!!!

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2022, 04:48:48 PM »
maybe jamie thomas was on to something when he talked about how he would micro-manage the filmer's angles when he was dropping hammers

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #349 on: November 30, 2022, 05:05:17 PM »
I'm excited to see the part but I thought Strobeck should have gotten a plea from the Supreme kids to film normal after Blessed dropped. Kevin Bradley f/s 360d the Brooklyn Banks rail and the footage is mangled. I don't know how he did the trick, saw the footage, and was not immediately bummed about it. I guess just exhaustion and not wanting to re-do it kicked in. But that's when I realized Strobeck jumped the shark. It's crazy the skaters saw how much more exaggerated he got from cherry to Blessed and still were ok filming another video with him. Those Supreme checks must be really good to make them forget that the footage of some of their best tricks is essentially unwatchable.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 10:35:32 AM by oyolar »

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2022, 05:19:47 PM »
maybe jamie thomas was on to something when he talked about how he would micro-manage the filmer's angles when he was dropping hammers

Permission to zoom in sir?

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #351 on: November 30, 2022, 05:21:54 PM »
When you think about it. If the legs and feet do the tricks do we really need to see the skaters torso?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2022, 05:31:40 PM »

facts

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2022, 05:58:24 PM »
When you think about it. If the legs and feet do the tricks do we really need to see the skaters torso?

Would you watch a whole skate video of just legs and feet? I sure as fuck would turn it off

veritas

« Reply #354 on: November 30, 2022, 06:10:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Would you watch a whole skate video of just legs and feet? I sure as fuck would turn it off

we'll all have an answer to that question tomorrow

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #355 on: November 30, 2022, 06:22:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It really depends on whos feet and legs

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #356 on: November 30, 2022, 06:42:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

it's a bummer.

[close]
[close]
The problem is also that Bill makes the other filmers (I guess Johnny and Alex Greenberg in this case) copy his style for his videos so even if Garshell filmed it it might still look like ass. Wishful thinking, but maybe the lack of Touzery and Caleb footage is because they're are hiding it for a Johnny edit instead.
yeah i know that but youd have to be a fucking idiot to realize what’s going down and still botch it for the sake of “imitating” Strobecks style just so it’ll fit. Why cater to the guy that fucks monumental tricks up and not the guy doing the monumental tricks. Strobeck would still use them and if he didn’t that’d just reflect on his character more than anything

Your Dads Big Deck

• Rep: 0
« Reply #357 on: November 30, 2022, 07:59:04 PM »
So does this drop midnight est or like what are we talking here

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: November 30, 2022, 09:01:34 PM »
Guess it isn’t dropping at midnight see y’all in the morning

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #359 on: November 30, 2022, 09:08:03 PM »
what is supreme’s youtube? i know it’s in here somewhere just don’t feel like digging. i heard it’s dropping at 2 est but not sure.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts