Author Topic: Tips for skating in the cold?  (Read 2737 times)

opesorry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Tips for skating in the cold?
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2022, 06:07:51 AM »
Longjohns and those kinco gloves construction workers wear.  https://www.glovestock.com/kinco-lined-grainpigskin-leathergloves-knitwrist-1927kw.html

And loosen your bushings a bit.

Those gloves look awesome actually, wish they came in black though. I usually just layer thinner pairs of gloves but would be nice to have something like that, anyone have anything similar in black? Definitely not trying to wear some thick ass gloves.

This thread actually got me psyched to bundle up and skate this winter.

Streebo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2022, 05:13:08 PM »
Just stay inside till spring

mightytrucks

• Rep: -11
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2022, 11:20:57 AM »
Get the CARHARTT MEN'S YUKON EXTREMES INSULATED ACTIVE JAC 104458 (sounds extreme and shit but it's literally the perfect jacket for skating in the winter and it looks bomb too it looks like a puffy bomber jacket but not too puffy where you'd look fat) They're like a buck 50 and the material's thin so you can move easily in it but the insulated material keeps you warm. The insulated material is called "3M thinsulate-Warmth without the bulk".  I use that jacket now in the east coast winters and it beats hoodies and layering up by a long shot. The jacket's also not too long so it won't restrict leg movement.

BallparkFrank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2022, 04:22:08 PM »
If you microwave a couple sweet potatoes and keep them in your pockets, the incredible thermal mass keeps them hot for a long time. They’re hand warmers and healthy snacks all in one. Stole that hot tip from How Not To Die.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1232
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2022, 04:37:33 PM »
I’m not skating Jessup in the winter….it just gets clogged up…..