Author Topic: World Cup 2022  (Read 9063 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: World Cup 2022
« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2022, 03:38:31 PM »
Oh no, I can imagine it felt horrible. At least it wasn't a winning goal. That would have been crushing.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2022, 04:40:55 PM »
Dutch fan giving the world the finger was classy.

Bummed they got knocked out.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #212 on: December 09, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »
That Messi pass. Kind of happy they won, would be great to see him take the WC (possibly in a Messi Ronaldo final).

But being in the NL it is a bummer. LVG has talked up his drilling of set pieces all week, then that second goal happens. Some nerve that is, just brilliant. Then again he also made a lot of his 'scientific pen prep'  ::)

I don't mind Brazil's dancing. Even if it is a little provocative, it's not this:

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2022, 05:37:53 PM »
Chuffed for Croatia.  No one predicted much from them but they were in the last WC Finals

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2022, 06:28:19 PM »
Chuffed for Croatia.  No one predicted much from them but they were in the last WC Finals
Oh snap, it could be a repeat of the last final…

With France most likely beating Croatia again.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2022, 10:30:51 PM »
That Messi pass. Kind of happy they won, would be great to see him take the WC (possibly in a Messi Ronaldo final).

But being in the NL it is a bummer. LVG has talked up his drilling of set pieces all week, then that second goal happens. Some nerve that is, just brilliant. Then again he also made a lot of his 'scientific pen prep'  ::)

I don't mind Brazil's dancing. Even if it is a little provocative, it's not this:

Otamendi and Montiel...your first thought isn't to purely celebrate with your squad...instead it's that. Very fucking lame.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2022, 12:53:06 AM »
Zero class from Argentina. Hope they go home next round. Look at the pic above.
Allez les bleus

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2022, 01:21:53 AM »
holy shit so much drama....I was rooting for the Netherlands and Brazil...welp. Hope my predictions work out better for Les Bleus!!
As much as I dislike Croatia's way of always going for the penalty shootout, you have to respect the results they get. For a country of 4 million people, and not even a rich one, they punch way above their weight!

As for Argentina....gotta respect their passion for football but as others have said, way too much shithousery and zero class. I remember in the 2018 game vs France, Pogba was tackled, laying on the ground when an Argentine player shot the ball deliberately, full force into his back. Final straw for me to really wish them bad luck was seeing hinchas singing a racist song about Mbappe. and the TV guy not even cutting them off from the beginnning, like he does not see the problem....

anyways....on to Morocco/Portugal and France/England, I'm justo hoping for less penalty shootouts!

Scholesey

• Rep: 24
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2022, 01:23:40 AM »
holy shit so much drama....I was rooting for the Netherlands and Brazil...welp. Hope my predictions work out better for Les Bleus!!
As much as I dislike Croatia's way of always going for the penalty shootout, you have to respect the results they get. For a country of 4 million people, and not even a rich one, they punch way above their weight!

As for Argentina....gotta respect their passion for football but as others have said, way too much shithousery and zero class. I remember in the 2018 game vs France, Pogba was tackled, laying on the ground when an Argentine player shot the ball deliberately, full force into his back. Final straw for me to really wish them bad luck was seeing hinchas singing a racist song about Mbappe.

anyways....on to Morocco/Portugal and France/England, I'm justo hoping for less penalty shootouts!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2022, 01:33:57 AM »

As for Argentina....gotta respect their passion for football but as others have said, way too much shithousery and zero class. I remember in the 2018 game vs France, Pogba was tackled, laying on the ground when an Argentine player shot the ball deliberately, full force into his back. Final straw for me to really wish them bad luck was seeing hinchas singing a racist song about Mbappe. and the TV guy not even cutting them off from the beginnning, like he does not see the problem....

You’re playing against England and you DONT want a quarterfinal penalty shootout?   That’s a gift wrapped box!   

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2022, 01:46:46 AM »
you kidding? Penalty shootouts are stressful as fuck....Losing to Switzerland that way at the Euro cup was painful man. Not to mention the 2006 WC final....Nah I want Les Bleus to slap England the way Portugal slapped Switerland!

edit: just to make it clear, I WISH for France to annihilate England.....but I view it as a 50-50 game, the opposite could happen and I would not be surprised.....
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 05:59:10 AM by OldieButFrenchie »

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2022, 07:32:49 AM »
ENGFRA is going to be such a fun game. I don't care who wins as long as it's a twelve goal thriller. It would be a bonus if Harry Kane is nowhere to be seen.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2022, 07:43:58 AM »
Mbappe about to feast I can’t wait.

Morocco goal could be all they need they lock it down on defense.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2022, 09:00:08 AM »
Holy shit fuck yes
Loved how they played full classic blue collar shit run as a team pass chase. Red card was a bit soft and they looked fucking exhausted so next round will be trouble tho

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #224 on: December 10, 2022, 09:10:55 AM »
Imagine if Morocco faces off against its former colonizer in the semifinal.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2022, 09:43:53 AM »
As much as I dislike Croatia's way of always going for the penalty shootout, you have to respect the results they get.

They don't play for penalties, they just have shit strikers. I'm sure they'd love to win in regular time, haha.

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2022, 10:05:37 AM »
Expand Quote
As much as I dislike Croatia's way of always going for the penalty shootout, you have to respect the results they get.
[close]

They don't play for penalties, they just have shit strikers. I'm sure they'd love to win in regular time, haha.

Maybe just concentrate on the art of midfield that is dying. Brazil is something you like? Individual dribbling and diving?
Croatia just can’t produce lightning fast players because of the genetics like other more “fun” national teams. France for example…dancers…L sign showing guys..referee favourites and so on… no one is happy for Croatia because their perfect party is ruined… they want Brazil Argentina.. savages that have zero sportsmanship.

Going for the penalty shootout is the most ignorant thing that someone could write… sometimes I wish that there is competition for humble small countries and you guys have something like big league final 8 . Where you can invite shit teams like England and USA…or Canada could squeeze in. You deserve to have fun and be entertained after all.

- this is the way France wins in the finals ? Celebrate all you want….penalty before that ? It’s not even penalty anymore… stop being so full of yourself French prick.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:14:43 AM by Royce Lopez »

Royce Lopez

« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2022, 11:47:53 AM »
Nice referee today again…makes you think that dirty French criminal Platini who made this WC In Qatar possible will get the trophy in return,and this ref will go home never to be seen again on the big scene ,same as Argentinian Pitana from the last wc final.
England was pretty vocal against this World Cup in Qatar and that is what you get..

France will get another star on their shirt and some celebration will be in order with burning cars and stealing from the shops with a traditional raping here and there.. nice world we live in HA

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2022, 11:56:03 AM »
Well that FIFA doc on Netflix showed that platini was heavily pressured by French President Sarkozy to vote for Qatar. 

Royce Lopez

« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2022, 12:27:32 PM »
Well that FIFA doc on Netflix showed that platini was heavily pressured by French President Sarkozy to vote for Qatar.

Yep that’s the way it went, platini is reasonable man when it comes to money and power

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2022, 01:03:09 PM »
Mbappe about to fast I can’t wait.

Scholesey

« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2022, 01:06:53 PM »
This match was my dream finals, cause I love both those teams. And what a match! Pity it was just the quarterfinals. Well, life goes on🥲❤️

Scholesey

« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2022, 01:12:49 PM »

Expand Quote
Maybe just concentrate on the art of midfield that is dying.
[close]

As a former central midfielder I agree. Modric is for sure one of the best, dying breed.

Royce Lopez

« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2022, 01:13:23 PM »
Gosh even with 2 penalties given this ref was so bad that first time in history I wanted England to win..

He made a good job by breaking  the tempo of the game , allowing French players to make at least 4 rough fouls before giving a yellow. Not even thinking of punishing blatant fouls. France was shit, hoping for freaks of nature to run faster and score some goals sitting back like the stars they are..(loved that wide smile by mbumba when Kane missed the penalty.)  I feel sorry for Morocco now.
Oh yeah griezman holding his face after being touched in the back of the head by maguire was a nice touch by our favourite golden boy. Of course yellow card was given on the spot.
England needs to step up their politics game like the time they won their only World Cup because it seems that’s the way to win something.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2022, 01:18:07 PM »
Croatia just can’t produce lightning fast players because of the genetics like other more “fun” national teams.

Not buying this. It's a limited side, but it's not due to genetics.

Royce Lopez

« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2022, 01:27:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Croatia just can’t produce lightning fast players because of the genetics like other more “fun” national teams.
[close]

Not buying this. It's a limited side, but it's not due to genetics.

I disagree that the side is limited(how can you be limited and win against Brazil the favourites?). They just work with what they have and prefer certain style of gameplay.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 89
« Reply #236 on: December 10, 2022, 01:48:07 PM »
Nice referee today again…makes you think that dirty French criminal Platini who made this WC In Qatar possible will get the trophy in return,and this ref will go home never to be seen again on the big scene ,same as Argentinian Pitana from the last wc final.
England was pretty vocal against this World Cup in Qatar and that is what you get..

France will get another star on their shirt and some celebration will be in order with burning cars and stealing from the shops with a traditional raping here and there.. nice world we live in HA

Hey. I am totally with you about Platini, Sarkozy, bribes, corruption, selling fighters jets to Qatar etc. But what are you talking about ?? « traditional raping » and « burning shops » ? Do you live in France ?

Talking about football, the result seems a bit cruel for England as they have a great team and France was not that good. Seems like Deschamps knew England was better so France played physically. Playing with the limits here. Second penalty could have been avoided. The thing is, France won. There are a lot of injured players (Hernandez, Benzema) but individualities seem keep their heads above water. They are very clutch in pressure-filled games. Griezmann had two assists and completed 26 of 27 passes during the first half, Tchouameni shot the ball at 108km/h, and Lloris did great saves.

Ah, and Kane missed his second penalty.

Royce Lopez

« Reply #237 on: December 10, 2022, 01:57:16 PM »
I work with 2 girls from Montpellier and they said it’s great that they can walk here at night freely(one almost got raped in her flat, guy tried to break in few times). And I read about the crimes committed at the last World Cup celebrations.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 89
« Reply #238 on: December 10, 2022, 02:24:43 PM »
I work with 2 girls from Montpellier and they said it’s great that they can walk here at night freely(one almost got raped in her flat, guy tried to break in few times). And I read about the crimes committed at the last World Cup celebrations.

« I work with two girls from Montpellier » Yep. There is a security problem in some cities of my country, unfortunately. But I covered 2018 celebrations as a photographer, I did Paris and the suburbs, various type of districts and it was OK.

But please don’t generalize. You are implying that a part of the population living here rape as a « tradition ». And I know what part you are talking about. Look at the US. As a European I could say a lot of things. I could say a lot of things about Americans tendency for mass shootings, I could go on forever talking about countries but I don’t because we all have our experiences. Yes for sure you read some articles. I read articles too. Remember Fox News about Paris’ « No Go Zones ? ». I lived in one of them for 6 years, neither my wife or I had any problems !

I travelled in different countries and a few times I got « in trouble », like in Napoli, Italy, but I didn’t generalize about Italians and their supposed « traditional bag snitching »

So please keep talking about football or skateboarding. And remember I don’t want to argue or change your mind, I’m just here to remind you that people can have divergent views.

Royce Lopez

« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2022, 02:41:03 PM »
Ok I’ll keep talking about football and skateboarding.. nice to hear that riot news and few deaths were fake news, and those girls are going to hear me tomorrow at work. Hope you win the World Cup again and again because you are the best !