Author Topic: World Cup 2022  (Read 9057 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2548
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: World Cup 2022
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Croatia just can’t produce lightning fast players because of the genetics like other more “fun” national teams.
[close]

Not buying this. It's a limited side, but it's not due to genetics.
[close]

I disagree that the side is limited(how can you be limited and win against Brazil the favourites?). They just work with what they have and prefer certain style of gameplay.

When you have a great defense and the best midfield in the world, but an under par attack, then you're still limited.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 89
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2022, 02:54:40 PM »
Ok I’ll keep talking about football and skateboarding.. nice to hear that riot news and few deaths were fake news, and those girls are going to hear me tomorrow at work. Hope you win the World Cup again and again because you are the best !

I am not saying this is fake news, I am saying this is not a tradition ! Come on.

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2022, 02:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Croatia just can’t produce lightning fast players because of the genetics like other more “fun” national teams.
[close]

Not buying this. It's a limited side, but it's not due to genetics.
[close]

I disagree that the side is limited(how can you be limited and win against Brazil the favourites?). They just work with what they have and prefer certain style of gameplay.
[close]

When you have a great defense and the best midfield in the world, but an under par attack, then you're still limited.

That might be true but limited is too strong of a word. Only France is not limited it seems if you are going by this? England (goalkeeper ,midfield), Brazil(midfield) ,Argentina(super limited all around minus messi and referees) . Is spain limited as they have trouble scoring? Portugal seems pretty good..
Morocco is limited or not?
Is it possible to be called limited if you reach 2 final fours in 2 world cups in a row? Maybe..

Royce Lopez

« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2022, 03:05:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Ok I’ll keep talking about football and skateboarding.. nice to hear that riot news and few deaths were fake news, and those girls are going to hear me tomorrow at work. Hope you win the World Cup again and again because you are the best !
[close]

I am not saying this is fake news, I am saying this is not a tradition ! Come on.

Leave it don’t quote it no one reads about “soccer”. That was a joke of course it’s not tradition like in some countries hahah…(what country did you think of first?) racism is not niceeee maannnnn ..jokes aside…griezmann is a dirty diver

Scholesey

• Rep: 24
« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2022, 12:02:00 AM »
Hmm, this thread gone bad real quick.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2022, 12:04:03 AM »
Mhm not sure what's happening here.

Happy for Morocco though!

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2022, 05:48:42 AM »

I was with my mate (Moroccan) and his gf (French) last night, what a night. Wednesday night is gonna be insane here defo won't be getting any sleep. Shame a few of the Moroccan lads got injured last night.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 89
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2022, 06:51:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was with my mate (Moroccan) and his gf (French) last night, what a night. Wednesday night is gonna be insane here defo won't be getting any sleep. Shame a few of the Moroccan lads got injured last night.

Yep ! Talked with my neighbor this morning ; his mother is French and his dad Moroccan.. he said to me it’s a win win situation for him haha. Also happy for the Atlas Lions they are making history in their country.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2022, 07:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yep ! Talked with my neighbor this morning ; his mother is French and his dad Moroccan.. he said to me it’s a win win situation for him haha. Also happy for the Atlas Lions they are making history in their country.

My mate had videos from his family in Casablanca last night, looked epic. Unfortunately I can't see them getting past France. 

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2548
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2022, 07:25:41 AM »
Who knows. Morocco defend better than England so I'm hoping that they can shut down France.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2022, 08:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As much as I dislike Croatia's way of always going for the penalty shootout, you have to respect the results they get.
[close]

They don't play for penalties, they just have shit strikers. I'm sure they'd love to win in regular time, haha.
[close]

Maybe just concentrate on the art of midfield that is dying. Brazil is something you like? Individual dribbling and diving?
Croatia just can’t produce lightning fast players because of the genetics like other more “fun” national teams. France for example…dancers…L sign showing guys..referee favourites and so on… no one is happy for Croatia because their perfect party is ruined… they want Brazil Argentina.. savages that have zero sportsmanship.

Going for the penalty shootout is the most ignorant thing that someone could write… sometimes I wish that there is competition for humble small countries and you guys have something like big league final 8 . Where you can invite shit teams like England and USA…or Canada could squeeze in. You deserve to have fun and be entertained after all.

- this is the way France wins in the finals ? Celebrate all you want….penalty before that ? It’s not even penalty anymore… stop being so full of yourself French prick.

Hey prick. So you insult me, call Argentina and Brazil savages, call Mbappe "mbumba" (and we all know what you imply here asshole) and you expect me to answer nicely? Fuck off connard. Glad there's an "'ignore' button on Slap!

PS:
a shame that little video of Griezman you posted does not show the other angles of the croatian player clipping his leg....Even the English commentators said that WAS a foul. And don't tell me the english were rooting for the French in 2018 hahaha....anyways bye.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2022, 08:53:49 AM »
Expand Quote
As much as I dislike Croatia's way of always going for the penalty shootout, you have to respect the results they get.
[close]

They don't play for penalties, they just have shit strikers. I'm sure they'd love to win in regular time, haha.

well they won what, 4 of their last 6 knockout games in penalty shootouts right? and they won every single time! Which is amazing, credit to them. But it's more than a coincidence at this point...so it just has to be in the back of their mind, that they have that option.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 09:07:45 AM by OldieButFrenchie »

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2022, 09:05:36 AM »
now to get back to yesterday....what. a. game. That one will be a classic. It was so intense, I thought whoever wins this will win the whole thing! We'll see pretty soon if I was right.
Les Bleus had luck on their side obviously, but you need a bit of it in a WC, it's always been that way. England complaining about the ref is a bit rich honestly, when you are awarded 2 penalties....France scored two magnificent goals from open play, you failed to score, even from penalty, well that's it.

Anyways to put things in perspective....It took France a very long time to get there. I grew up watching the French team of Platini et al playing with so much style, but never winning (except for one Euro). Now France has become arguably the biggest football nation of the last 25 years: 3 WC finals, 2 WC titles, 2 euros. And let's not forget there are 60 French players in this WC! it's the most of any country, 26 in the French squad, the rest with Morocco, Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon etc (dual citizenship)....It was the same in 2018. French football clubs are just producing so much talent, it's amazing. and it shows: we lost Benzema, Nkunku, Pogba, Kante, and Lucas Hernandez to injury, but still reach the final 4.
now whatever happens honestly I'll be stoked. Morocco could make history, and France could make history too with a repeat...allez les bleus!!    8)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 09:57:50 AM by OldieButFrenchie »

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: December 11, 2022, 09:10:51 AM »
@OldieButFrenchie le mec est un con..tout le monde veus ça. Laisse tombe, et courage pour mercredi...I won't be upset if Giroud gets another star on his jersey. He is a legend here in 38.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: December 11, 2022, 09:34:39 AM »
@OldieButFrenchie le mec est un con..tout le monde veus ça. Laisse tombe, et courage pour mercredi...I won't be upset if Giroud gets another star on his jersey. He is a legend here in 38.

haha yeah I noticed   ;)
anyways I'll be crossing fingers wednesday....we all held hands with my wife and kids yesterday at the end of the game and it seemed to bring luck to Les Bleus!
and yes I can imagine Giroud being considered "l'enfant du pays" in the 38 !!

Royce Lopez

« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2022, 01:11:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maybe just concentrate on the art of midfield that is dying. Brazil is something you like? Individual dribbling and diving?
Croatia just can’t produce lightning fast players because of the genetics like other more “fun” national teams. France for example…dancers…L sign showing guys..referee favourites and so on… no one is happy for Croatia because their perfect party is ruined… they want Brazil Argentina.. savages that have zero sportsmanship.

Going for the penalty shootout is the most ignorant thing that someone could write… sometimes I wish that there is competition for humble small countries and you guys have something like big league final 8 . Where you can invite shit teams like England and USA…or Canada could squeeze in. You deserve to have fun and be entertained after all.

- this is the way France wins in the finals ? Celebrate all you want….penalty before that ? It’s not even penalty anymore… stop being so full of yourself French prick.
[close]

Hey prick. So you insult me, call Argentina and Brazil savages, call Mbappe "mbumba" (and we all know what you imply here asshole) and you expect me to answer nicely? Fuck off connard. Glad there's an "'ignore' button on Slap!

PS:
a shame that little video of Griezman you posted does not show the other angles of the croatian player clipping his leg....Even the English commentators said that WAS a foul. And don't tell me the english were rooting for the French in 2018 hahaha....anyways bye.

YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT THAT IS NOT A DIVE FOR YOU!? FUCK OFF YOU SCUM.

Here you go you fucking scum his little French legs left the ground 10 seconds before impact

People here hating on the World Cup in Qatar because they don’t respect human rights and without France and it’s president there wouldn’t be World Cup there… greedy French scum
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 01:25:34 PM by Royce Lopez »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2022, 03:25:24 PM »
now to get back to yesterday....what. a. game. That one will be a classic. It was so intense, I thought whoever wins this will win the whole thing! We'll see pretty soon if I was right.
Les Bleus had luck on their side obviously, but you need a bit of it in a WC, it's always been that way. England complaining about the ref is a bit rich honestly, when you are awarded 2 penalties....France scored two magnificent goals from open play, you failed to score, even from penalty, well that's it.

Anyways to put things in perspective....It took France a very long time to get there. I grew up watching the French team of Platini et al playing with so much style, but never winning (except for one Euro). Now France has become arguably the biggest football nation of the last 25 years: 3 WC finals, 2 WC titles, 2 euros. And let's not forget there are 60 French players in this WC! it's the most of any country, 26 in the French squad, the rest with Morocco, Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon etc (dual citizenship)....It was the same in 2018. French football clubs are just producing so much talent, it's amazing. and it shows: we lost Benzema, Nkunku, Pogba, Kante, and Lucas Hernandez to injury, but still reach the final 4.
now whatever happens honestly I'll be stoked. Morocco could make history, and France could make history too with a repeat...allez les bleus!!    8)

That ref was terrible and those penalties (the second one couldn’t have been clearer) had to almost be forced to be acknowledged by that ref by VAR, not to mention all the fouls.    I’m not complaining about the result, but let’s not act like that wasn’t a pathetic display

Also, congrats to France for having the foresight to colonize all the countries that would produce great soccer talent

el bong

« Reply #257 on: December 11, 2022, 08:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That ref was terrible and those penalties (the second one couldn’t have been clearer) had to almost be forced to be acknowledged by that ref by VAR, not to mention all the fouls.    I’m not complaining about the result, but let’s not act like that wasn’t a pathetic display

Also, congrats to France for having the foresight to colonize all the countries that would produce great soccer talent

lol

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2022, 11:50:32 PM »
Tbh I watched the england vs france and I also thought the referee was nicer with France.
Nonetheless he was always close to the action and didn't whistle in a lot of case for either france or england.
Beside the penalties, England had tons of occasions where they could have scored but didn't and France had way less occasions. Also the goals the french scored happened during a continuous play not a set play made by the decision of the referee. So all in all I don't think the referee made a huge impact and the result of the game.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2022, 12:14:45 AM »
Right, I don’t have bitterness towards the game because VAR existed to make up for most of the refs’ shortcomings, but the result did at least feel against the play of the game.    France made the most of the opportunities provided, but England felt like the better side and Mbappe was neutralized for the most part.   

I’m happy with the team, they’re young and players like Saka and Bellingham are only going to get better.   I honestly thought Maguire was going to be the teams’ downfall.     Southgate is a good manager of personalities (or at least the best I’ve seen since I’ve been alive) and hopefully his team selection improves.   

Don’t know if having Reece James fit would have taken care of the Griezeman problem, but after 2010 and 2014, I’m just happy for the team to be leaving with their heads held high

Scholesey

« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2022, 12:20:35 AM »
Oh finally that one dude got banned, now we can talk football again.

I have to say, the refs on this WC seem to be really incosistent in what should be considered foul, card, penalty, etc. The only thing they all do the same are those crazy extra times.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #261 on: December 12, 2022, 12:29:09 AM »
Next WC the referees will just be human avatars for the ai

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: December 12, 2022, 12:59:02 AM »

I have to say, the refs on this WC seem to be really incosistent in what should be considered foul, card, penalty, etc. The only thing they all do the same are those crazy extra times.

Hah I think I’m getting kooked a ton for being an England supporter.  Haven’t really said anything controversial elsewhere, but whenever I post something about England my rep def takes a hit.   It’s kinda funny

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: December 12, 2022, 01:22:06 AM »
Right, I don’t have bitterness towards the game because VAR existed to make up for most of the refs’ shortcomings, but the result did at least feel against the play of the game.    France made the most of the opportunities provided, but England felt like the better side and Mbappe was neutralized for the most part.   

I’m happy with the team, they’re young and players like Saka and Bellingham are only going to get better.   I honestly thought Maguire was going to be the teams’ downfall.     Southgate is a good manager of personalities (or at least the best I’ve seen since I’ve been alive) and hopefully his team selection improves.   

Don’t know if having Reece James fit would have taken care of the Griezeman problem, but after 2010 and 2014, I’m just happy for the team to be leaving with their heads held high

I see what you mean but that's exactly the nature of football. Dominating doesn't mean anything unless the ball hits the net. Ask Spain. Or even ask France in the Euro final vs Portugal.

Also England did neutralize Mbappe but that just left more space for Griezman, Dembele and Giroud. Look at the first French goal, Mbappe draws 4 (!) English defenders, opening up space in the middle. Even if he did not score, he was super important.

Finally....all I can tell you is I'm not the one kooking you haha

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2022, 01:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I see what you mean but that's exactly the nature of football. Dominating doesn't mean anything unless the ball hits the net. Ask Spain. Or even ask France in the Euro final vs Portugal.

Also England did neutralize Mbappe but that just left more space for Griezman, Dembele and Giroud. Look at the first French goal, Mbappe draws 4 (!) English defenders, opening up space in the middle. Even if he did not score, he was super important.

Finally....all I can tell you is I'm not the one kooking you haha

Haha I wouldn’t think so.  Outside of that one guy, we’re all keeping it civil.   

I definitely remember those four on Mbappe hah.   I don’t discount anything the French did.   I’m just feeling (not pride necessarily) but something like that that England didn’t get trampled by the best team in the world and stood their ground and the French weren’t assholes about it like the Italians are every time they beat England.  France is a extremely likable team even without Kante.   If anything it makes me excited for a rematch in a non-friendly.   

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2022, 05:51:09 AM »
Only gripe I have towards that game was the tackle on Kane first half. While not a pen, a clear foul that should have been a free kick. England had their chances, but didn't take 'em. I guess that's the story with Southgate, so much attacking talent on the squad but he can't unlock it for some reason.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2022, 06:22:50 AM »
Morocco!!!!!

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2022, 06:50:47 AM »
I root for France but also want to see Messi get his, I'd love to see Croatia get one more as this is likely their last chance and who doesn't want to see the first African team take it?  Tough cup this year.

Also, I am surprised hearing so many saying England dominated or played better-France is willing to concede overall possession because they are so lethal on the counter, it didn't surprise me at all that England controlled the ball. 

Scholesey

« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2022, 07:36:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hah I think I’m getting kooked a ton for being an England supporter.  Haven’t really said anything controversial elsewhere, but whenever I post something about England my rep def takes a hit.   It’s kinda funny

Strange, other than the one really vocal guy, it looked kinda chill here.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: December 12, 2022, 12:47:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Strange, other than the one really vocal guy, it looked kinda chill here.

Majority happened around the EnG /US match when I was critical of USA’s side and the skewed perception here in us media