Author Topic: Fourstar is back?  (Read 8318 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: Fourstar is back?
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2022, 09:26:43 AM »
manchild is a wet blanket on any skate video he is in... just cant stand him.

at what age does it become embarrassing to go by a nickname for marketing purposes?
Any age. If it's an easier version of someone's name like ave, gonz, ba, dilo, Supa, tx, Toya, huf then yeah sure go for it. Can't think of someone with a random nickname that's not lame. Maybe bam (who as a person is lame but as a name is passable)

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2022, 12:20:32 PM »
theyve been trying to make manchild a thing for what like 10 years now? dude went pro too early and got way too into being drunk at spots and being the silly guy rather than doing tricks. i guess its working idk.

i wonder if BA will stop repping supreme even though i cant remember his last fat bill clip appearance since that old footage at FDR in the nike hockey jersey. im sure supreme gives him free shit but is he ever actually been "on" or has it always been a AO situation. he has repped them pretty hard the last decade, wonder if he said fuck em, or if he can just keep doing whatever he wants which is hopefully the answer.

free max b
FREE MAX B

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »
I’d like to see some progression like Manateen would be decent and eventually work his way up to Mandad….

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2022, 09:30:25 PM »
That Reynolds sequence could have been an Independent ad with that massive sticker.

Indy should’ve double dipped!
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine if they had made a full video when Reynolds and Keenan were still on. That woulda been one for the ages...

I miss the look and quality of their ads. They had a good thing going for awhile. Clean and crispy.

[close]

God damn, what a team.
[close]

So GOOD!!!!!

The team and ads of pre-2002 Four Star were so good it hurts!!!!

But wasn't Four Star the Mariano & Koston's Crailtap clothing brand?? If that being truth how can 4 Star come back???

Maaaaaannnnn, I almost went with the Mariano sequence. Love everything about that ad. I miss long hair, baggy clothes Mariano. So good.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2022, 09:52:53 PM »
theyve been trying to make manchild a thing for what like 10 years now? dude went pro too early and got way too into being drunk at spots and being the silly guy rather than doing tricks. i guess its working idk.

He got called out for his drunkenness last year at Tampa and since then seemed to go into hiding. I see Crail hasn’t been putting him as front and center lately.

If they’re just gonna put on Crail guys / guys who can’t get other sponsors, then what is the point? Fourstar was the shit for a long time, but for reasons addressed in this thread already, I think one-offs are the way to go.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2022, 10:16:17 PM »
Anyone remember that four star gonz vision graphic shirt they made
I bought it. It was a large but it was “slim fit” which I thought was weird since most of the People buying it would be chubby and over 30. I ended up giving it to this kid who wore it at this contest.
ableSkateMag.com

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2022, 11:18:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He got called out for his drunkenness last year at Tampa and since then seemed to go into hiding. I see Crail hasn’t been putting him as front and center lately.

If they’re just gonna put on Crail guys / guys who can’t get other sponsors, then what is the point? Fourstar was the shit for a long time, but for reasons addressed in this thread already, I think one-offs are the way to go.
I think he's gotten called out every year but the actual "incident" was at least pre pandemic. Also unless I missed something no one's restarting fourstar it's just one little collection HUF is doing. That said I'd agree restarting 4 star is kind of pointless. Crail could just start a whole new clothing company with a bit of homage to og 4star but without having to be tethered to the past.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2022, 11:28:16 PM »

i wonder if BA will stop repping supreme even though i cant remember his last fat bill clip appearance since that old footage at FDR in the nike hockey jersey. im sure supreme gives him free shit but is he ever actually been "on" or has it always been a AO situation. he has repped them pretty hard the last decade, wonder if he said fuck em, or if he can just keep doing whatever he wants which is hopefully the answer.

free max b

Doesn't help that he shares the nickname with one of the lamest Canadian rappers to ever exist. I can't imagine he is famous or relevant enough to actually have any effect... but still.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2022, 01:05:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think he's gotten called out every year but the actual "incident" was at least pre pandemic. Also unless I missed something no one's restarting fourstar it's just one little collection HUF is doing. That said I'd agree restarting 4 star is kind of pointless. Crail could just start a whole new clothing company with a bit of homage to og 4star but without having to be tethered to the past.

This is Crail tap.  “Tethered to the past” is kinda their whole deal

Trilogy

• Rep: -257
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2022, 03:27:35 AM »
Expand Quote
That Reynolds sequence could have been an Independent ad with that massive sticker.
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine if they had made a full video when Reynolds and Keenan were still on. That woulda been one for the ages...

I miss the look and quality of their ads. They had a good thing going for awhile. Clean and crispy.

[close]

God damn, what a team.
[close]

So GOOD!!!!!

But wasn't Four Star the Mariano & Koston's Crailtap clothing brand?? If that being truth how can 4 Star come back???

[close]

Maaaaaannnnn, I almost went with the Mariano sequence. Love everything about that ad. I miss long hair, baggy clothes Mariano. So good.

just 2 more ads.

I really loved this company prior to the  around 2003/2004 skull logo.

I had a few items from this brand and I always wore them with pride!

veritas

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2022, 07:53:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

God damn, what a team.
[close]

So GOOD!!!!!

[close]

[close]

just 2 more ads.

I really loved this company prior to the  around 2003/2004 skull logo.

I had a few items from this brand and I always wore them with pride!

You hit the nail on the head, it was that “street pirate” logo they ran with for like 12 years too long that made them from a serious brand into something zoomies tier (image wise)

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2022, 11:01:45 AM »
Could never wear the pants, I’m too tall.  But I was rocking with fourstar heavy back when they started and Reynolds was on them.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2022, 11:09:35 AM »
Could never wear the pants, I’m too tall.  But I was rocking with fourstar heavy back when they started and Reynolds was on them.
Didn't you pay attention to Reynolds at the time? You were supposed to wear the pants 8 inches below your ass

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2022, 11:38:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Didn't you pay attention to Reynolds at the time? You were supposed to wear the pants 8 inches below your ass

I’m taller than Reynolds and BA, and I sagged hard in the World days.  Had to change my ways haha

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2022, 11:44:14 AM »
Is there footage of that Carroll switch bs flip?

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2022, 11:48:13 AM »

1:13
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2022, 12:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

1:13

Thank you!