Author Topic: End of Disscussion - tyshawn  (Read 5262 times)

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
Re: End of Disscussion - tyshawn
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2022, 02:22:19 PM »
I feel gratified that someone is paying attention to me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 02:40:05 PM by RoaryMcTwang »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1135
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2022, 02:40:54 PM »
When you land with your center of gravity over your rear heel and your rear heel has landed not on your board but on the ground has the discussion really ended?
yes dumbass

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2022, 02:42:37 PM »
Ha this comment  ;D

atribecalledvince
All the SLAP message board niggas are a bunch of unathletic white kids with no pop REGULAR, fuck switch, they cant even ollie this shit REGULAR. FUCKOUTTAHERE @giftedhater go back to roasting bitchass Mikey Alfred

This is still the best switch ollie..

I bet most pros can't ollie it regular. Most people can't do tricks in pros parts, hence why they are pros. The argument is more about standards of what a pro should put out and what is considered a make. Some pros are absolutely nurotic about what level of footage they want out there of themselves in regards to how clean/how it looks. Others aren't. The thing is now, instead of people debating it in a skateshop now, we now have commentators with youtube following calling out the same shit some old head at a skate shop would, and people get in their feelings about it. It's similar to people giving pros shit about skatepark footage (non-transistion) is video parts and even more extreme fake spots.

chris

• Rep: 402
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2022, 03:20:29 PM »
Wasn't that long ago that mags would run an entire interview where every trick wasn't a make (robbie mckinley)

Now we got one of the best skaters out there re-doing a trick within a couple of weeks due to internet harrassment

Bullying works!

Personally, I don’t see it as bullying. It’s just one of the impacts of technological advancements.  Better quality video and computer equipment. Had this been shot on a hi-8 25 years ago and we were all trying to rewind and pause on our vcr’s to get a grainy still… there’d be no way to tell.  People disagree on instant replay in pro football (there are obvious asymmetries between that and skateboarding).  It’s just inevitable. And if you view it as a negative, then you still have to balance that against the positives (more footage, higher quality, put out faster, and easier to access).

Your point about mags running photos that weren’t makes begs the deeper question: did those illusions still help push skateboarding to where it is today by convincing young kids that the impossible (contemporaneously anyway) was possible and pushing them to outdo what they thought they saw? The science of myth, baby!

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2022, 03:22:51 PM »
He obviously switched that regular size table for this tiny baby one ?! Am I right?  ;D ;D

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2022, 06:14:26 PM »
Ha this comment  ;D

atribecalledvince
All the SLAP message board niggas are a bunch of unathletic white kids with no pop REGULAR, fuck switch, they cant even ollie this shit REGULAR. FUCKOUTTAHERE @giftedhater go back to roasting bitchass Mikey Alfred

Apon further inspection seems this switch Ollie doesn't count. He clearly didn't clear the whole gap you can see they've shovelled some of the gap away to make it shorter

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2022, 08:42:57 PM »
100% fastest switch mongoillegal shuffle-we out there. No questions. Hands down.

Don’t worry, we get what you were trying to convey. Not all of us are switch lieutenants out here, and we understand that. 
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2022, 09:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Ha this comment  ;D

atribecalledvince

[close]
Apon further inspection seems this switch Ollie doesn't count. He clearly didn't clear the whole gap you can see they've shovelled some of the gap away to make it shorter

Jerry's switch Ollie is past the statute of limitations. The trick cannot be judged by any law we possess.
Oh, the places you'll go.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2022, 10:36:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ha this comment  ;D

atribecalledvince

[close]
[close]

Jerry's switch Ollie is past the statute of limitations. The trick cannot be judged by any law we possess.

He landed in the dirt. Not a make.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2022, 01:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ha this comment  ;D

atribecalledvince

[close]
[close]

[close]

He landed in the dirt. Not a make.

I see a thread in which people do this to all sorts of historic tricks being created soon, and I hereby vow to stay out of it.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2022, 02:19:03 AM »
^ To me that's honestly the worst part of skate culture in general and Slap in particular.
"Remember this thing you liked? Here's why it fucking sucks and you're stupid for liking it in the first place!"

I just don't need this kind of negativity from something as inconsequential as skateboarding. The joke's probably on me for lurking around UWTB at all at this point.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2022, 03:13:19 AM »
I thought it was pretty clear that I was joking saying hsus gap didn't count. An absurd comment to make a comparison to the tyshawn switch ollie "not counting"

burner

• Rep: 86
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2022, 03:48:02 AM »
I thought it was pretty clear that I was joking saying hsus gap didn't count. An absurd comment to make a comparison to the tyshawn switch ollie "not counting"

Too late...Jerry lurks slap, he’s pissed, and he’s heading over to the spot now to redo. It’s on his IG live  ;D ;)

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2022, 03:57:27 AM »

To clarify, I didn't mean your comment specifically, I thought that was definitely a joke. My post is directed toward people who just can't accept anything for what it is and have to unironically shit on literally everything. That's just not my cup of tea. Skateboarding is my refuge from the actual shit going on in my life. I don't participate in skate culture to experience this forced negativity. I get plenty of that from other parts of my life.

Before anyone gets this the wrong way, I don't mean to tell people they shouldn't criticize things. It's more than fair to state opinions and debate stuff. But there's a certain type of poster that's unwilling or unable to accept that different people may like different things or have differing perceptions. And those people can make it a nuicance to participate in actual normal-ass conversations on here.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2022, 04:44:31 AM »
Skateboarding is an art, and no art is above critique

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2022, 04:45:27 AM »
tko tj! LOL, i thought i loved this guy before... can't wait to see the switch flip

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2022, 10:46:20 AM »
Good, he did it one time. Months after he’s been receiving the accolades for it.

Next time, don’t film with the funky angles and do it correctly.

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2022, 02:35:01 PM »
Wait, he still clipped and veered to the left.

gnidraobetaks

• Rep: 20
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2022, 03:26:37 PM »
Long Beach convention center swollie too

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2022, 04:44:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Ha this comment  ;D

atribecalledvince

[close]

I was thinking the same thing LOL

Oldheads have to realize that trick critique can be a slippery slope. If you put a magnifying glass to any sacred cow old part you can find things to be snooty about.

Pick your battles and just enjoy how awesome skateboarding is.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2022, 05:38:20 PM »
Now, I really don't care, and he certainly cleared it, but isn't he still going to the side here?

Half his board is over the seat near the end.

Again, I no give a fuq, just kinda funny

Wasn't really following any of this at first and saw the clip of it on instagram figuring it was a repost lol

Never really questioned the first one for that matter though, I just figured it would be difficult to control the trajectory of a switch ollie at such a speed.

Crazy he went for it again though, but considering he apparently went for a switch flip over it I'm not too surprised.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
ableSkateMag.com