Author Topic: Nyjah for SOTY  (Read 33694 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Nyjah for SOTY
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2022, 12:17:01 PM »

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2022, 12:18:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Bill Strobeck: "ok its east vs west"

Tyshawn: "durag man vs legging man"

https://instagram.com/stories/tyshawn/2981655774477730198?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=NTU1Mzc3ZGM=
[close]

I feel like this is more of a friendly jab towards Nyjah. But then again idk. More spicy skate drama, fuck it.

I thought it was pretty funny

veritas

« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2022, 12:19:47 PM »
Tfunk isn’t even in the running at this point, doing one trick at the China banks and having stiff ass safety arms isn’t gonna overshadow Tyshawn or Nyjahs parts

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2022, 12:20:34 PM »
6 hours untill Jah secures SOTY, can’t wait to see all you fucks collectively piss in each other’s mouths

https://www.instagram.com/p/CleK2ERJ9sT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Jesus Christ...I really hope you're Nyjah. If you're not, this is incredibly embarrassing for you.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2022, 12:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote
6 hours untill Jah secures SOTY, can’t wait to see all you fucks collectively piss in each other’s mouths

[close]

Jesus Christ...I really hope you're Nyjah. If you're not, this is incredibly embarrassing for you.

I looked through their post history and considering they called Nyjah’s NFT thing a scam that he was trying to cover up and that some of their first posts are of an April board on Indys and a Real board I’m going to go ahead and say it’s pretty unlikely that this is Nyjah’s account, unless he’s using it as an outlet for his secret usage of non-sponsorship gear and self criticism of his business attempts. I wish it was his account though, it would be pretty amusing to me if it was uncovered that Nyjah was secretly a slap pal and would honestly make him way cooler in my eyes.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2022, 01:03:43 PM »

https://instagram.com/stories/tyshawn/2981655774477730198?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=NTU1Mzc3ZGM=

Damn Tyshawn got out skated so now he’s trying to be more of a jock kook than nyjah, bold strategy!

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 70
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2022, 01:04:37 PM »
While he is no doubt talented that was the most boring part i’ve tried watching. Waste of my coffee break. I’d rather watch skate 3 clips

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2022, 01:11:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn Tyshawn got out skated so now he’s trying to be more of a jock kook than nyjah, bold strategy!

Dude is obviously making a self-deprecating joke with someone whom I assume he knows personally.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 448
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2022, 01:15:14 PM »
The fact that Nyjah's "Need That" Nike SB part was released through Nike's Youtube channel and not exclusively through Thrasher tells you everything you need to know about his SOTY chances.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2022, 01:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Nigel went in hard on that part,  but is it enough?
[close]

To my criteria, fuck yes

Im actually impressed by the amount of huge rails he skates, how much bigger can we get than this?
cause being honest I dont know how many over-30-stair rail are out there.

I loved he nollie fs feeble that rail that chad fernandez fs lipped 20 years ago
Yes but i fear he's fired all his guns at once and could have split this part between NikeSB and Disorder, to build more hype following the Sooch 21 ideology?

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2022, 01:28:08 PM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1136
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2022, 01:39:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it’s hilarious he put tyshawn on the west side of the screen and nyjah on the east

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2022, 01:44:45 PM »
Expand Quote
it’s hilarious he put tyshawn on the west side of the screen and nyjah on the east

He was facing south when he posted this

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2022, 02:10:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He was facing south when he posted this

theknifesong

• Rep: 19
  • wow!balls!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2022, 02:22:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it's so much more than that:

Nike man vs Adidas man - winner gets decent art direction for their board brand

LOOOOOOOL

Maurice46

• Rep: 9
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2022, 02:39:34 PM »
A death defying part, not doubt. Props to Nyjah. Although for me it was just too redundant. I might as well have been watching motocross or megaramp stunts, both of which are incredible and impressive but not very engaging after the first stunt or two IMO.  If the consensus is that the pinnacle of skateboarding is doing variations on the biggest rail then he should absolutely get it.

mightytrucks

• Rep: -19
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2022, 02:54:15 PM »
I really appreciated the traditionally filmed part, not a single zoom in/out the whole time. Definitely a heavy part and hard for anyone to ignore it, especially Thrasher at this point.

Agreed the filming was a breath of fresh air. Wonder if nyjah himself was desiring for the filming to be this way. Could see that being the case cuz this is the filming style that he grew up watching and its well known that he loved watching skate videos as a kid.

Zaaa

• Rep: -1
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2022, 03:13:25 PM »
I don’t want an (“alleged”) rapist to win SOTY.

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2022, 03:14:17 PM »
Man, that last part was pretty heavy.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2022, 03:21:20 PM »
+1 for tyshawn on that comment

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2022, 03:21:49 PM »
around the corner through the tree is unbelievable...seems impossible, but i guess there are a grand total of zero people who've spent more time balancing skateboards on rails than El Jah has.

mark mcgwire takes the lead what will sammy sosa do now
love it
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Fuckfaceunstoppable

• Rep: -48
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2022, 03:38:57 PM »
I have a feeling this next Louie part is going to be the best of his career so far.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2022, 03:42:58 PM »
Give my man jah the trophy already

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2022, 04:09:26 PM »
Nyjah gets it or SOTY credibility plummets. That part is too fucking bonkers. How can somebody survive the bails it would take to make this part? I just can't comprehend it.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:44:10 PM by Merman »

50 Lions

• Rep: -57
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2022, 04:16:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bro look at the comments in this thread, your on your own pal. Shits in the bag, what’s the point of hating just appreciate the good skating. Life’s a lot better when you can enjoy the little things

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2022, 04:16:51 PM »
The fact that Nyjah's "Need That" Nike SB part was released through Nike's Youtube channel and not exclusively through Thrasher tells you everything you need to know about his SOTY chances.

You’re probably onto something here, but wasn’t the part that sealed Jamie Foy’s SOTY from some weird Ty video that was released outside of Thrasher as well?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2022, 04:18:12 PM »
Jesus Fucking Christ. I'm no big fan of Nyjah but after watching Need This two things are glaringly obvious
1. He's in a whole different galaxy of talent than Tyshawn.
2. He is one of, if not the gnarliest skaters of all time. The rails this fucker skates and the slams he takes are off the charts, even against the prime of Zero, Creature, Antihero, (insert "gnar" company here), etc...

50 Lions

• Rep: -57
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2022, 04:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I looked through their post history and considering they called Nyjah’s NFT thing a scam that he was trying to cover up and that some of their first posts are of an April board on Indys and a Real board I’m going to go ahead and say it’s pretty unlikely that this is Nyjah’s account, unless he’s using it as an outlet for his secret usage of non-sponsorship gear and self criticism of his business attempts. I wish it was his account though, it would be pretty amusing to me if it was uncovered that Nyjah was secretly a slap pal and would honestly make him way cooler in my eyes.

Exactly, I’m in no way a nyjah “fan” he pulls a lot of questionable shit and I’m more than willing to call him out on it. I just like good skating

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2022, 04:35:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You’re probably onto something here, but wasn’t the part that sealed Jamie Foy’s SOTY from some weird Ty video that was released outside of Thrasher as well?

But Foy was part of the Thrasher inner circle. Nyjah isn't even on Spitfire.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2022, 04:37:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Bro look at the comments in this thread, your on your own pal. Shits in the bag, what’s the point of hating just appreciate the good skating. Life’s a lot better when you can enjoy the little things

I'm actually fine with your hero winning this big award thing.

And his skating, while calculated to the point of sucking all the air out of the room, is obviously incredible.

But are you seriously going to act like coming in here with sentences like, "can’t wait to see all you fucks collectively piss in each other’s mouths" doesn't sound like some football team locker room jock bullshit? It does, and it's ridiculous.