Author Topic: Nyjah for SOTY  (Read 34120 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Nyjah for SOTY
« Reply #360 on: December 08, 2022, 08:45:55 AM »
You know what you're right. I wish I could take my vote back.

It's just the way that Nigel treats other humans (probably animals too). I can't separate the skating from the man.

Also the board bland was on my mind. You think he likes crusts? D beat? Grindcore? Even street Ponk?

Probably not.

To me it looks like he took old Selfish shit and went to Portland found the NPC with the longest dreds and the most banjos and stray dogs and was like here's a dollar re draw please. 

Next thing you know we got a mind-blown imogi that looks like a napalm death cover.

Do you think he'd be nice to me or would he be like USELESS PONK BE GONE! I don't care if you've been skating 100 years you're not getting in this party! Go sit outside with your little buddy from Boston and beg for drink tickets or something yo.

If I was rich like Nigel I'd be poor immediately because I'd put all my money into the issues of our community.

He'd probably be like get the fuck outa here you pinko biach.

The world don't run on hopes and dreams cuck.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #361 on: December 08, 2022, 08:51:58 AM »
Being true to yourself is important. Or at least putting on the appearance that you're staying true to what you are is a soty must.

I like his recent out fits. I know that might sound like bull shit but I think he looks good.

I respect his shoe game though I'm not a big fan of most Nike stuff.
I want to try that new shoe very badly too. I like the design this time. I wanna paint a pair with my secret sauce and watch them get all scratched up. I think that would look crazy Ponk. So he hit the mark there.
There no way I could ever afford that shoe tho.

That Skating is unparalleled.
I have no problem admitting that he's top 5 greatest rail chompers of all times. Maybe top 3 but
the board bland and all the accusations make him not SOTY worthy in my opinion.

He must repent and return next year. I definitely want to see him keep trying.

I want him to loosen his trucks half a turn tho. That push is getting worse and worse and worse.

I been saying it since around 2015 so I'm not like just talking about that one recent line.

Pushing matters yo
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 08:59:12 AM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #362 on: December 08, 2022, 09:02:52 AM »
The one thing I really admire about nyjah's public private life is he stood up to his father.

I was so afraid of my dad growing up. The times I did stand up to him all I got was homelessness tho.
(A)pl(E)

WPG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2022, 09:14:43 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/nyjahhoustonallegations/

This account popped up on my feed earlier, only got 15 followers atm but wonder if it'll pick up any attention, been seeing a lot of Nyjah hate recently which makes me think Thrasher may not wanna risk getting the flak for him winning
I would put money on Thrasher having read his interview in the latest issue of Thrasher.

I'm glad this genius decided to make this account AFTER his PR let him speak on the issue and not in the last 5 years when it would have made sense. Dude running the account probably thinks he's doing groundbreaking work but is just reposting old news, ill give him the benefit fo the doubt that he's just a typical fried numbskull u see at the skatepark
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 12:44:47 PM by WPG »
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2022, 11:57:45 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/nyjahhoustonallegations/

This account popped up on my feed earlier, only got 15 followers atm but wonder if it'll pick up any attention, been seeing a lot of Nyjah hate recently which makes me think Thrasher may not wanna risk getting the flak for him winning
[close]
I would put money on Thrasher having read his interview in the latest issue of Thrasher Mag.

I'm glad this genius decided to make this account AFTER his PR let him speak on the issue and not in the last 5 years when it would have made sense. Dude running the account probably thinks he's doing groundbreaking work but is just reposting old news, ill give him the benefit fo the doubt that he's just a typical fried numbskull u see at the skatepark

How exactly would he go about clearing his name of those accusations beyond a doubt anyway? That would be a pretty fucked up thing to put up with if you were actually innocent and couldn't prove it.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2022, 12:41:40 PM »
Nyjah seems like a jerk but the available evidence is weak. Ten year old SLAP rumors with absolutely no one giving a first-person account and some Twitter account that seems questionable at best aren’t really enough to convince me. I’m not saying he’s a good dude, I just don’t know. His response to the gang tape rumors seems reasonable.

I’ll happily cancel the man but not until someone actually comes forward or some video comes out.

IpathCats

« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2022, 12:45:51 PM »
Nyjah seems like a jerk but the available evidence is weak. Ten year old SLAP rumors with absolutely no one giving a first-person account and some Twitter account that seems questionable at best aren’t really enough to convince me. I’m not saying he’s a good dude, I just don’t know. His response to the gang tape rumors seems reasonable.

I’ll happily cancel the man but not until someone actually comes forward or some video comes out.

He doesn't need to be guilty in that instance for me to not like him.

The smug ass look on his face when he knocked that light over in his last part was enough for that.

And he is just SO FUCKING CORNY GOD DAMN.

Just because he MIGHT not have been involved in a serious instance of abuse doesnt mean he's off the hook from being a total fucking kook otherwise.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2022, 12:50:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The smug ass look on his face when he knocked that light over in his last part was enough for that.

Just because he MIGHT not have been involved in a serious instance of abuse doesnt mean he's off the hook from being a total fucking kook otherwise.
I did lead with “he seems like a jerk”. Not really a fan of him or his skating other than the fact that he makes a nice villain in SLS.

IpathCats

« Reply #368 on: December 08, 2022, 12:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I did lead with “he seems like a jerk”. Not really a fan of him or his skating other than the fact that he makes a nice villain in SLS.

Yea, true. I get ahead of myself sometimes lol

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #369 on: December 08, 2022, 12:55:59 PM »
Nyjah seems pretty chill for how famous and rich he is… like imagine how obnoxious Jereme Rogers  (or lots of other skaters)would be if they had Nyjah’s level of fame. I think fame, money and Los Angeles will make most people pretty fucking corny, but it could be way worse.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2022, 01:01:47 PM »
imagine how obnoxious Jereme Rogers would be if they had Nyjah’s level of fame.

Truly incredible to consider.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2022, 01:38:00 PM »
Expand Quote
imagine how obnoxious Jereme Rogers would be if they had Nyjah’s level of fame.
[close]

Truly incredible to consider.

I think meltdown was inevitable. I was talking to someone who grew up watching him at the park. I fucking suck at remembering shit at the park. It's stressful AF sometimes

Skating to and from the park tho. Excellent trip.

Dude spoke highly of him and said Jereme was a sweet heart. He also complimented his sister.  I guess she brought him to the skate park all the time.

I never did that park.

I'm so glad no one remembers me as a 20 something. I would be bummed if I did what I did in life was all on film and I had to deal with that shit still.

I'
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 01:47:12 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2022, 04:51:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
6 hours untill Jah secures SOTY, can’t wait to see all you fucks collectively piss in each other’s mouths

[close]

if he doesnt get SOTY, can just I piss in yours?
[close]

Sure thing buddy!

Get ready I just drank a bunch of monster energy drinks to celebrate for you.

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #373 on: December 09, 2022, 05:01:02 AM »
Imagine how hard Letitia, F Gustavo and David Loy are massaging Jah's tattooed balls to cheer him up.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #374 on: December 09, 2022, 07:08:16 AM »
Imagine how hard Letitia, F Gustavo and David Loy are massaging Jah's tattooed balls to cheer him up.

The Ass-fault yacht club

OhioGuy

• Rep: 60
« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2022, 10:30:36 AM »
Not gonna lie, I feel bad for Nyjah. He had a rough upbringing, gets lots of hate, and put out one of the best parts ever this year. Personally TJ’s skating excites me more, but he already won, and blocking Nyjah just makes it seem like Thrasher has a grunge against him. It’s not his fault he’s a “jock” skater. In The Berrics documentary he says his father kept him away from skating with others.

Idk, I feel like anyone who take a moment to think will understand why he presents himself like a sellout. Dude got his money stole from his dad, had to grind at contests to support his mom and siblings.

He’s dedicated his life to skateboarding and is an absolute beast. Again, I like TJ more, but Jah should’ve won 🤷🏿‍♂️

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2022, 10:37:10 AM »
Not gonna lie, I feel bad for Nyjah.

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

OhioGuy

• Rep: 60
« Reply #377 on: December 09, 2022, 10:44:22 AM »
😅😅😅

I know, he’s loaded. But you can tell winning would’ve meant a lot to him. He’s been getting hate since he was a kid and you know it takes a mental toll on him. The tats, the fake attitude, all seems like a front to cover up his inner turmoil lol

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #378 on: December 09, 2022, 02:53:55 PM »
He can does

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #379 on: December 09, 2022, 02:57:24 PM »
He can does

Just brought me back to kazaa in 2002

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #380 on: December 09, 2022, 02:57:31 PM »
He can does

He could have done double that and I still wouldn't have been impressed by a rollerblader
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #381 on: December 09, 2022, 03:15:11 PM »
Nyjah was robbed. Fuck Thrasher. They are the bud light of skateboarding anyway.

Punished Skateboards

« Reply #382 on: December 09, 2022, 03:17:06 PM »
Nyjah was robbed. Fuck Thrasher. They are the bud light of skateboarding anyway.

I think you mean the little Caesars of skateboarding

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2022, 01:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Not gonna lie, I feel bad for Nyjah.
[close]

He's basically had the life of a child actor. He's got a broken relationship to his father to deal with. Actually, I wonder what keeps him so motivated. I think I would have just said "fuck all this!" and quit my skate career if the relationship to my father had broke up like his did.

Obviously I don't know what his actual mental health is like, but being rich and admired doesn't always mean you are living a happy life. 

He did deserve that trophy more than Tyshawn did this year.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -216
« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2022, 02:45:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Even Hosoi become retrospective a style icon - and nobody woud rock his fits from the 80s. His zebra spandex where much heavier then everything Nyjah or Tyshawn woud ever where in public space.
[close]
Did you see Hosoi skate? its objectively very stylish. Tyshawn dresses like shit too but its less noticable because his skating just looks so good.
i dont really care about SOTY anymore, giving the prize to Nyjah would kill it off and end it for real, he doesnt represent skating the way Thrasher portrays it at all and giving it to him would just be the final nail for the tradition aspect of the award.
Half of his footage is on Element boards, thats probably all of his footage from the last few years or everything he saved up for Ty's documentary, its not like this is the year where he ripped most. its just the year his sponsors decided to push hard for SOTY.

lol, Tyshawn objectively looks like ass on the board. Maybe we can talk when the dude learns to bend his knees when he lands. Stiff as a board skating looks terrible.

Punished Skateboards

« Reply #385 on: December 10, 2022, 04:46:57 AM »

who da thunk it

• Rep: -79
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2022, 05:02:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ok he knocked a light over. His options looked like:

1. Knock the light over
2. Run into the building on his left
3. Knock over/step on more camera equipment
4. Run into the filmer/people watching

So what the fuck could he have done there that you wouldn't get mad about? If there was a bush sitting there I'm sure you'd find a way to get upset if he ran into it. You seem eager to hate this guy.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2022, 06:24:49 AM »

I did not expect him talking so highly of T-Funk, Tyshawn and Louie. He's really hyped on their footage, saying how all their styles can't really be compared and no ones "better" than another.
Fuck it, I think I like Nyjah now. At least I respect him

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2022, 06:40:47 AM »

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2022, 09:16:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I did not expect him talking so highly of T-Funk, Tyshawn and Louie. He's really hyped on their footage, saying how all their styles can't really be compared and no ones "better" than another.
Fuck it, I think I like Nyjah now. At least I respect him

I enjoyed the shit outta this. Anytime I see a Nyjah interview he pretty much always has the same disposition; smiling and cheerful, and all around stoked. the dude is undoubtedly one of the best to ever do it. kinda wild to hear him talk about the possibility of death if things go awry. skateboarding is no joke.