Author Topic: Nyjah for SOTY  (Read 33691 times)

Grrrreencans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -85
Re: Nyjah for SOTY
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2022, 11:16:25 AM »
Expand Quote
nyjah has a hard time winning soty because of his non-core status and spats + sport short combos, but if his nov 30 part is even better than the one he just dropped then he might actually win. honestly if he never gets a soty award it would be kinda sad, he deserves a lifetime achievement soty, only nyjah has been consistently progressing what is possible on massive rails even when it seems like were reaching the peak of whats possible
[close]

New thrasher gives away plenty.  New part seems like it will be gnarlier.   He’s already one-upped his ender

Yeah but so did an unnamed french kid like 8 years ago

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2022, 11:19:13 AM »
Nothing Nyjah, or anyone, has done so far has got people talking or generated as much buzz as Tyshawn subway kickflip, sw ollie picnic table etc. Nyjah is dropping again, but so are Tyshawn and Louie. I still feel like when it’s all said and done Tyshawn is doing tricks that literally only he could do and that sets him apart. I don’t see anyone else blowing minds like TJ does.

Big pop is not SOTY to me. The shit some people are putting out way more diverse and as good or better than his footage. Certainly as gnarly and often more gnarly than his big pop skating.Well see cuz more parts are coming from more people are coming.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2022, 11:20:53 AM »
voting for N is like choosing corporations over your local  mom and pop store.

dude can get as many tats as he likes, he's always going to look like hes trying to hide fro himself.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2022, 11:22:09 AM »
I wanna normalize short shorts and leggings in skating.  My 30+ year old knees would love it

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2022, 11:24:35 AM »
N could back tail the rings of saturn and it would still be gross.

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2022, 11:30:09 AM »
Let me break it down for you like this:

I think we can all agree the top 5 skaters in contention for SOTY 2022 are (in no order):

- LL
- TJ
- TFunk
- Nigel
- Jeff Carlyle

From this list, I see 2 quarter finals:

- Nigel vs TJ
- Jeff vs TFunk

LL is great, no doubt, but he doesnt have an ender ender.  His clips generate no discussion.

The final is going to be between SF Hesh (winner of TFunk vs Jeff) and Going where No Man has Gone Before (TJ vs Nigel).

Honestly, any 4 of these dudes winning is ok with me.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2022, 11:44:17 AM »
Nyjah isnt going to win SOTY. You're fooling yourself if you think he is.

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2022, 12:01:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Here it is. The argument is to give it to Nyjah. I realize nobody here will agree, but I must make my case.

Nyjah Huston was foisted upon most of our consciousness as a toddler, essentially. He was despised for his little kid style, his contest efficiency, and his so-cal bro-ness. Swap a few of his friends out for "cooler" people, his clothes for "thrift store chic", etc. and you would have this messageboard fawning over his every move. The consistent hate for Nyjah would be impossible to explain to the greater sports world. Skateboarding has a one-in-a-lifetime talent, who has absolutely destroyed Southern California for 15 years, and the greater skateboard intelligentsia turns up their nose at his "gear" and the fact that he eschews indy tastes. Y'all are so silly. The part that he just dropped has more mind melters per capita than any part in a long time.
[close]
What ever yo say Sinner

Sinner ain't writing with this level of grammar and comprehension.

vinithebr

• Rep: -25
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2022, 12:04:16 PM »
No thanks. He takes pictures with cops.

switchfakie

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2022, 12:28:53 PM »
There should be a minimum post requirement before getting the ability to start a thread

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2022, 12:41:57 PM »
N could back tail the rings of saturn and it would still be gross.

Thank you for this, I just laughed very loud in my office!

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2022, 01:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Nothing Nyjah, or anyone, has done so far has got people talking or generated as much buzz as Tyshawn subway kickflip, sw ollie picnic table etc. Nyjah is dropping again, but so are Tyshawn and Louie. I still feel like when it’s all said and done Tyshawn is doing tricks that literally only he could do and that sets him apart. I don’t see anyone else blowing minds like TJ does.
[close]

Big pop is not SOTY to me. The shit some people are putting out way more diverse and as good or better than his footage. Certainly as gnarly and often more gnarly than his big pop skating.Well see cuz more parts are coming from more people are coming.

Yea pop is his superpower but you act like his whole part is flatground. Dude is jumping over, down, and across shit, with a few rails and unreasonably tall ledges mixed in. Also i would say kickflipping a 15 foot gap with an active 3rd rail at the end and trains running can hang with any other gnarly trick happening this year. I like Louie and Nyjah is whatever but obviously gnar, but I didn’t see either of them post a “will” in their story this year before trying a trick.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2022, 01:27:52 PM »
Nyjah will go down as one of the all time greats that never won SOTY. Dude is a legend and goes beyond what anyone can do, but he’ll never get the streets hyped like the other contenders

1080isthebeststunt

• Rep: -30
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2022, 01:31:30 PM »
Nyjah will go down as one of the all time greats that never won SOTY. Dude is a legend and goes beyond what anyone can do, but he’ll never get the streets hyped like the other contenders

same with prod. really liked the forecast era. never soty. who cares. pj didnt win. nore did jerry hsu.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2022, 01:33:18 PM »

Skateboarding's Dan Marino.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2022, 01:37:38 PM »
Jah should pull a wildcard Elijah Berle fit change and film a full VX slappy/curb part to end the year. Full villain arc. Anyways, does anyone have any unorthodox dishes they are planning for Thanksgiving?

don't forget the bike lock

dannyprovolone

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2022, 01:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree, I feel like Tyshawn could pull 95% of Nyjah's tricks if he really wanted it, and 95% of Tyshawns skating, especially when he's dropping one of his blockbusters, is completely out of reach to Nyjah. That fact that TJ does the majority of what he does on the most broken NYC spots instead of prefabricated LA parking lots is a factor as well. Smoking himself mid-summer also doesn't help Nyjah's chances. Tyshawn is still out in these streets and ultimately I think The General will have the final say. He's no doubt in LA putting the final hurt in on some monumental spots, terrorizing Nyjah's turf and live streaming it on instagram.

this is some seriously delusional level dick riding

nigel living the life these dudes dream of. filled with nbds, fast cars, and whores. a true hell rider

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2022, 01:49:47 PM »
Fuck that idea

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2022, 02:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree, I feel like Tyshawn could pull 95% of Nyjah's tricks if he really wanted it, and 95% of Tyshawns skating, especially when he's dropping one of his blockbusters, is completely out of reach to Nyjah. That fact that TJ does the majority of what he does on the most broken NYC spots instead of prefabricated LA parking lots is a factor as well. Smoking himself mid-summer also doesn't help Nyjah's chances. Tyshawn is still out in these streets and ultimately I think The General will have the final say. He's no doubt in LA putting the final hurt in on some monumental spots, terrorizing Nyjah's turf and live streaming it on instagram.
[close]

this is some seriously delusional level dick riding

nigel living the life these dudes dream of. filled with nbds, fast cars, and whores. a true hell rider

Don't forget all the sexy stuff that shall not be specifically named lest the Olympics Committee strike down with furious anger.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2022, 02:33:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea pop is his superpower but you act like his whole part is flatground. Dude is jumping over, down, and across shit, with a few rails and unreasonably tall ledges mixed in. Also i would say kickflipping a 15 foot gap with an active 3rd rail at the end and trains running can hang with any other gnarly trick happening this year. I like Louie and Nyjah is whatever but obviously gnar, but I didn’t see either of them post a “will” in their story this year before trying a trick.

I don't even care for Nyjah but he front feebled over a freeway bridge  for shits and giggles. Tyshawn is sick but he not as good at ledges manuals and rails than a shitton of pro skaters and he's not even the best gap / stair skater.His claim to fame is doing the flat ground tricks he does well super big..nothing wrong with that. Just not SOTY to me.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2022, 04:34:06 PM »
Jesus Christ….how about this one….do we think TJ will ever be less popular than Jah? 

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2022, 04:46:44 PM »
Nothing has gained as much buzz as T-Funk China Banks trick if we are going on that. I feel all the guys mentioned are doing tricks no one else can really do outside of maybe a select group of pros.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2022, 05:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't even care for Nyjah but he front feebled over a freeway bridge  for shits and giggles. Tyshawn is sick but he not as good at ledges manuals and rails than a shitton of pro skaters and he's not even the best gap / stair skater.His claim to fame is doing the flat ground tricks he does well super big..nothing wrong with that. Just not SOTY to me.

you never seen Blessed, Cherry, or any Supreme video for that matter. Dumbass take, telling me a switch bs 270 lipslide down a handrail makes TJ "not good" at rails.

Yeah, go watched Blessed.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2022, 05:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nothing has gained as much buzz as T-Funk China Banks trick if we are going on that. I feel all the guys mentioned are doing tricks no one else can really do outside of maybe a select group of pros.

Agreed.

This whole conversation is pointless because Spanly's getting it anyway.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2022, 05:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Agreed.

This whole conversation is pointless because Spanly's getting it anyway.

Now wouldn’t that be something.

greenbeans

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2022, 05:37:18 PM »
He hasn’t done well at SLS so I don’t think it’s his year

street skating > contest

billyerlife

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2022, 05:41:32 PM »
Fuck his credibly accused rapist mandala tattoed ass from here to forever. He can frontside bluntside the  moon and it wont make a difference. He's a piece of shit, period. Even if you decide to ignore accusations of rape from multiple credible sources, that 8 tricks on multiple rails bullshit doesn't mean a goddamn thing to anyone who isn't already riding his jockstrap.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2022, 05:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

you never seen Blessed, Cherry, or any Supreme video for that matter. Dumbass take, telling me a switch bs 270 lipslide down a handrail makes TJ "not good" at rails.

Yeah, go watched Blessed.
  Never said he couldn't do rails. People are doing enormous rail and tech shit on rails nowadays.  He's not even in the conversation of best rail skaters.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2022, 06:09:53 PM »
Fuck his credibly accused rapist mandala tattoed ass from here to forever. He can frontside bluntside the  moon and it wont make a difference. He's a piece of shit, period. Even if you decide to ignore accusations of rape from multiple credible sources, that 8 tricks on multiple rails bullshit doesn't mean a goddamn thing to anyone who isn't already riding his jockstrap.

Can you site sources for multiple rape claims? What makes them credible, because as far as I can tell, they are strictly rumor with no individual accusing anything.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

greenbeans

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2022, 06:15:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can you site sources for multiple rape claims? What makes them credible, because as far as I can tell, they are strictly rumor with no individual accusing anything.

Ikr. Wonder why chase Webb got dropped from Nyjah still has sponsors