Author Topic: Nyjah for SOTY  (Read 33684 times)

The.Skate.Father

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Nyjah for SOTY
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2022, 06:24:16 PM »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 08:32:32 PM by The.Skate.Father »
Just call me Daddy.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2022, 07:21:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Fuck his credibly accused rapist mandala tattoed ass from here to forever. He can frontside bluntside the  moon and it wont make a difference. He's a piece of shit, period. Even if you decide to ignore accusations of rape from multiple credible sources, that 8 tricks on multiple rails bullshit doesn't mean a goddamn thing to anyone who isn't already riding his jockstrap.
[close]

Can you site sources for multiple rape claims? What makes them credible, because as far as I can tell, they are strictly rumor with no individual accusing anything.

this isnt a cited source really, but nyjah discusses the rape allegations in the latest thrasher issue

just thought people would find that interesting

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2022, 07:28:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck his credibly accused rapist mandala tattoed ass from here to forever. He can frontside bluntside the  moon and it wont make a difference. He's a piece of shit, period. Even if you decide to ignore accusations of rape from multiple credible sources, that 8 tricks on multiple rails bullshit doesn't mean a goddamn thing to anyone who isn't already riding his jockstrap.
[close]

Can you site sources for multiple rape claims? What makes them credible, because as far as I can tell, they are strictly rumor with no individual accusing anything.
[close]

this isnt a cited source really, but nyjah discusses the rape allegations in the latest thrasher issue

Oh really? Does he wax poetic, going on and on about it, without really saying much except to deny the accusations in a very vague manner while simultaneously bragging about how many times he has had sex with girls, being sure to put emphasis on the fact that it was always consensual?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

OldSkater

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2022, 07:30:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh really? Does he wax poetic, going on and on about it, without really saying much except to deny the accusations in a very vague manner while simultaneously bragging about how many times he has had sex with girls, being sure to put emphasis on the fact that it was always consensual?

he 100% mentions in the response that he has lots of sex lol

you called it pretty well

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2022, 07:32:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

he 100% mentions in the response that he has lots of sex lol

you called it pretty well

What a refreshing surprise.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 07:39:17 PM by EdLawndale »

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2022, 08:47:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=111846.0

This needs its own thread. I think it's getting lost in the others.

Note: I believe the first reference to '16' is a typo; she's ~23 now, so 19 is the correct age.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2022, 08:58:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Nyjah will go down as one of the all time greats that never won SOTY. Dude is a legend and goes beyond what anyone can do, but he’ll never get the streets hyped like the other contenders
[close]

Skateboarding's Dan Marino.

Pat Duffy didn’t even win it in his plan B glory days.   

Not to mention the Gonz and Busenitz and Mariano.   

Nyjah will be just fine

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2022, 03:13:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nothing Nyjah, or anyone, has done so far has got people talking or generated as much buzz as Tyshawn subway kickflip, sw ollie picnic table etc. Nyjah is dropping again, but so are Tyshawn and Louie. I still feel like when it’s all said and done Tyshawn is doing tricks that literally only he could do and that sets him apart. I don’t see anyone else blowing minds like TJ does.
[close]

Big pop is not SOTY to me. The shit some people are putting out way more diverse and as good or better than his footage. Certainly as gnarly and often more gnarly than his big pop skating.Well see cuz more parts are coming from more people are coming.
[close]

Yea pop is his superpower but you act like his whole part is flatground. Dude is jumping over, down, and across shit, with a few rails and unreasonably tall ledges mixed in. Also i would say kickflipping a 15 foot gap with an active 3rd rail at the end and trains running can hang with any other gnarly trick happening this year. I like Louie and Nyjah is whatever but obviously gnar, but I didn’t see either of them post a “will” in their story this year before trying a trick.
[close]

I don't even care for Nyjah but he front feebled over a freeway bridge  for shits and giggles. Tyshawn is sick but he not as good at ledges manuals and rails than a shitton of pro skaters and he's not even the best gap / stair skater.His claim to fame is doing the flat ground tricks he does well super big..nothing wrong with that. Just not SOTY to me.
[close]

you never seen Blessed, Cherry, or any Supreme video for that matter. Dumbass take, telling me a switch bs 270 lipslide down a handrail makes TJ "not good" at rails.

Yeah, go watched Blessed.
TJ was doing bigflips fs boardslides down rails when he was 12 years old and this dude is telling us he's not good at rails. He just skate what he want to skate

Fuckfaceunstoppable

• Rep: -48
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2022, 04:14:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

Note: I believe the first reference to '16' is a typo; she's ~23 now, so 19 is the correct age.

[close]

I’m not a Nyjah fan by any stretch of the imagination but I’m not buying this.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2022, 08:34:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Nothing Nyjah, or anyone, has done so far has got people talking or generated as much buzz as Tyshawn subway kickflip, sw ollie picnic table etc. Nyjah is dropping again, but so are Tyshawn and Louie. I still feel like when it’s all said and done Tyshawn is doing tricks that literally only he could do and that sets him apart. I don’t see anyone else blowing minds like TJ does.
[close]

Agree, I feel like Tyshawn could pull 95% of Nyjah's tricks if he really wanted it, and 95% of Tyshawns skating, especially when he's dropping one of his blockbusters, is completely out of reach to Nyjah. That fact that TJ does the majority of what he does on the most broken NYC spots instead of prefabricated LA parking lots is a factor as well. Smoking himself mid-summer also doesn't help Nyjah's chances. Tyshawn is still out in these streets and ultimately I think The General will have the final say. He's no doubt in LA putting the final hurt in on some monumental spots, terrorizing Nyjah's turf and live streaming it on instagram.

Still. I get this uneasy feeling that Nyjah is about to beat us over the head with some psycho shit and I commend him for throwing skateboarding into the acceleration chamber, so many creative types seeing Nyjahs shit and being like damn, okay, I would never step to that so I'll have to push skating in some other way to get recognized. And we all benefit from that.

i’m starting to fear for tyshawn’s safety

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2022, 08:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

so did she get raped when she was 16 or when she was barely 19?
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2022, 09:03:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

He addresses both rape accusations in his new thrasher interview.  interesting he felt the need to do so in print.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2022, 09:06:38 AM »
As much as I loath Morrissey the person now,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVce2eVGPIs

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2022, 09:06:54 AM »
^I can't tell if that's a genuine question or trying to throw shade at her statement. In case it's the former: The 16 is clearly a typo. The 6 is directly below the 9 on a number pad, plus she already might have been thinking about 2016, which is stated on the next tweet. She was 19.

If you're trying to imply she's unreliable because she mistakenly stated two different numbers I'm gonna have to adjust my answer.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2022, 09:11:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

He addresses both rape accusations in his new thrasher interview.  interesting he felt the need to do so in print.

Can somebody post it please? Would like to know what he has to say about it. Reading the accusation again made me lose any hype for a possible nyjah soty...team tyshawn or tj rogers for scrotum of the year

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2022, 09:19:25 AM »
The 6 is directly below the 9 on a number pad

LOL maybe if you're using a mobile phone from 2008

scab

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2022, 09:31:14 AM »
Are you being serious? I'm guessing you are. You sound like someone who's never had a job that requires working with numbers.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2022, 09:35:37 AM »
Are you being serious? I'm guessing you are. You sound like someone who's never had a job that requires working with numbers.

do you think she made a twitter post from a calculator?

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2022, 09:46:18 AM »
Guess not everyone has used a 10-key. One of my laptops doesn't have one on it though, so semi understandable.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2022, 09:50:08 AM »
i'm regular. i take back my posts about getting 6 and 9 mixed up.

scab

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2022, 10:03:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Guess not everyone has used a 10-key. One of my laptops doesn't have one on it though, so semi understandable.

Yeah, I might have been a little elitist there. My bad. My point is that there definitely are lots of laptops, desktop keyboards, and also keyboard apps for phones/tablets that have 10-keys. The 6/9 typo is as prevalent as it ever was, just like its siblings. Anyway, I'm lame but I shouldn't be "arguing about keyboard layouts on Slap" lame. Let's move on.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2022, 10:15:39 AM »
Expand Quote
He hasn’t done well at SLS so I don’t think it’s his year
[close]

street skating > contest
I guess my sarcasm wasn’t obvious enough

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2022, 11:42:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Big pop is not SOTY to me. The shit some people are putting out way more diverse and as good or better than his footage. Certainly as gnarly and often more gnarly than his big pop skating.Well see cuz more parts are coming from more people are coming.
[close]

Yea pop is his superpower but you act like his whole part is flatground. Dude is jumping over, down, and across shit, with a few rails and unreasonably tall ledges mixed in. Also i would say kickflipping a 15 foot gap with an active 3rd rail at the end and trains running can hang with any other gnarly trick happening this year. I like Louie and Nyjah is whatever but obviously gnar, but I didn’t see either of them post a “will” in their story this year before trying a trick.
[close]

I don't even care for Nyjah but he front feebled over a freeway bridge  for shits and giggles. Tyshawn is sick but he not as good at ledges manuals and rails than a shitton of pro skaters and he's not even the best gap / stair skater.His claim to fame is doing the flat ground tricks he does well super big..nothing wrong with that. Just not SOTY to me.
[close]

you never seen Blessed, Cherry, or any Supreme video for that matter. Dumbass take, telling me a switch bs 270 lipslide down a handrail makes TJ "not good" at rails.

Yeah, go watched Blessed.
[close]
  Never said he couldn't do rails. People are doing enormous rail and tech shit on rails nowadays.  He's not even in the conversation of best rail skaters.

Go watch Blessed, Away Days, and all the shorter Supreme edits.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2022, 11:43:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He hasn’t done well at SLS so I don’t think it’s his year
[close]

street skating > contest
[close]
I guess my sarcasm wasn’t obvious enough

Ironic and sarcastic posts should use green text
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

R$S_ONE

• Rep: 0
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2022, 12:18:20 PM »
Yee someone gotta post the thrasher interview

OldSkater

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2022, 01:07:24 PM »
Yee someone gotta post the thrasher interview

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2022, 01:15:30 PM »
Thanks.

I have respect for women, my mother is woman!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2022, 01:20:23 PM »
Thanks.

I have respect for women, my mother is woman!

“I have respect for women, but they shouldn’t skate!”
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 02:07:39 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2022, 01:27:25 PM »
So the same rumors took down Chase Webb and David Loy but not Nyjah?

Sounded like a pretty believable story from Nyjah’s perspective but I’m definitely not steeped in knowledge on the subject. 

I have to admit I believed the rumors without really “looking into” anything

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2022, 01:32:56 PM »
How could he be "pretty sure" his sponsors and the Olympic committee investigated these allegations? Like isn't that something he would know definitively either way?