Author Topic: Nyjah for SOTY  (Read 34087 times)

lexington

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Re: Nyjah for SOTY
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2022, 09:20:25 AM »
Upon seeing that latest part, Nyjah unironically is the frontrunner imo.  How can anyone hate on that level of skating?

Unjustified and heavily biased Nyjah hate in 3,2,1...

OhioGuy

• Rep: 62
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2022, 09:21:02 AM »
If he doesn’t win then Thrasher has no credibility. We get it, he’s basically the Anti-Christ of skateboarding lol. But he deserves it. On pure talent alone.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2022, 09:28:43 AM »
Not getting it might work more in his favor to his fans. It sounds counterintuitive, but makes him seem like "the best skater but the industry won't let him have his shine: pure disorder"

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2022, 09:30:17 AM »
Okay I got it- nyjah will be transworld SOTY and tyshawn/tfunk/other core front runner thrasher SOTY. Problem solved

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2022, 09:30:26 AM »
Holy fuck. Thrasher might have to give it to him so he doesn’t kill himself trying to top that. That was insane.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2022, 09:34:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Upon seeing that latest part, Nyjah unironically is the frontrunner imo.  How can anyone hate on that level of skating?
[close]

This is NO reason to not like him. I just feel like some of his outfits, if I wore them trying to be like him I would look like Rocky, or someone who works at Anytime Fitness. He is probably the best skateboarder on handrails/stairs. He will likely get that SOTY, but it feels still too soon to call.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2022, 09:46:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is NO reason to not like him. I just feel like some of his outfits, if I wore them trying to be like him I would look like Rocky, or someone who works at Anytime Fitness. He is probably the best skateboarder on handrails/stairs. He will likely get that SOTY, but it feels still too soon to call.

too soon??... i love watching louie and tj skate but sheeeeeeit they could stack clips for the next 5 years straight and they would still never touch this part, and that's not even a diss. this shit is just beyond the next level.

Jeff Bezos The Antichrist

• Rep: 29
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2022, 09:51:55 AM »
That was reeaally fucked. Wow

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2022, 09:53:09 AM »
I really appreciated the traditionally filmed part, not a single zoom in/out the whole time. Definitely a heavy part and hard for anyone to ignore it, especially Thrasher at this point.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2022, 09:53:52 AM »
He’s definitely the front runner after that part, but I feel like we could be jumping the gun by wanting to call it - without seeing what Louie, Tyshawn and T-Funk are still holding onto - TFunk’s style of skating with reckless abandonment, in particular, could be the antidote to Nyjah’s clips

JamesFardy

« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2022, 09:56:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

too soon??... i love watching louie and tj skate but sheeeeeeit they could stack clips for the next 5 years straight and they would still never touch this part, and that's not even a diss. this shit is just beyond the next level.

Kickflipping between train tracks at nyc on the COVER of thrasher is more than touching. It’s having its way with this part. But no, stick with a nyjah who knows nothing about having his way with something or someone.

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2022, 10:01:10 AM »
If anyone else other than Nyjah wins it will forever have an asterisk noting it was the year Nyjah put out this part and did not win and was the most controversial SOTY decision ever.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2022, 10:11:03 AM »
If anyone else other than Nyjah wins it will forever have an asterisk noting it was the year Nyjah put out this part and did not win and was the most controversial SOTY decision ever.

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2022, 10:25:52 AM »
He’s definitely the front runner after that part, but I feel like we could be jumping the gun by wanting to call it - without seeing what Louie, Tyshawn and T-Funk are still holding onto - TFunk’s style of skating with reckless abandonment, in particular, could be the antidote to Nyjah’s clips
I love Louie’s skating- I think he’s the best all around street skater in the world besides Ishod and his style is one of the best ever. But it’s hard to compete against three people going full send with two of them doing historic NBDs already. But I’m excited to see what Louie puts out

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2022, 10:36:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I love Louie’s skating- I think he’s the best all around street skater in the world besides Ishod and his style is one of the best ever. But it’s hard to compete against three people going full send with two of them doing historic NBDs already. But I’m excited to see what Louie puts out

Yeah I feel like Louie is somehow in 4th place, just because the other 3 are pushing the risk factor so hard, as you said, but I too am excited to see what he drops next.  His skating is immaculate, just obviously isn’t textbook hellride.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2022, 10:42:44 AM »

Sure, give him SOTY. He's very talented and dominate at handrail skating. However, I personally glaze over after seeing a barrage of handrail clips and lack of any trick creativity. His parts are way too long; the highlights would make a more effective part. I still wouldn't want to watch it again though.

I'd be fine with him getting SOTY because none of my favorites have been SOTY. It's fun to see the campaigns and footage drops though. I'm way more awestruck by Tyshawn and T-Funk though and actually enjoyed watching their video parts. Louie's always a pleasure to watch, but he doesn't come on as strong as the others.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2022, 10:46:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is this implying I’m jerking off to Jah? Lol

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2022, 10:47:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Kickflipping between train tracks at nyc on the COVER of thrasher is more than touching. It’s having its way with this part. But no, stick with a nyjah who knows nothing about having his way with something or someone.

one kickflip is more impressive than a 12 minute part of non stop hammers?? shit, you might want to stop riding dick so hard homie

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2022, 10:52:25 AM »
Don’t care how good he is, Nyjah represents everything that sucks about LA influencer culture.  My eyes hurt after watching that and it’s not gonna age well. 

Would be a good fit for a Transworld or Berrics skater of the year, but not Thrasher, no fuckin way. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2022, 10:56:14 AM »
Yeah, BIGG RAILZ but

- Dresses like shit.
- Feet on board before trick look like shit.
- Feet on board after trick look like shit.
- SEND IT is shit.
- Disorder is cringe.
- Rape stuff.

He can go fuck himself.

50 Lions

• Rep: -57
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2022, 11:04:33 AM »
Expand Quote
6 hours untill Jah secures SOTY, can’t wait to see all you fucks collectively piss in each other’s mouths

[close]

if he doesnt get SOTY, can just I piss in yours?

Sure thing buddy!

JamesFardy

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2022, 11:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

one kickflip is more impressive than a 12 minute part of non stop hammers?? shit, you might want to stop riding dick so hard homie

“One kickflip” ….you Dog ass, I didn’t say it was better I said it keeps me wanting to see “what else” you somehow learned to write before read. I even said he would probably get it. that’s not mentioning tfunk did one trick (another thrasher cover) that had people talking since the early part of the YEAR not Just TODAY. Getting people talking all year plays a part in all of this. Not just “who’s the sickest in November/December, another example is Chima. So good, great parts. ONLY the end of the year. I’m trying to make a point, not say “what will happen” you are the one riding nyjahs Dick. And he seems capable of MAKING people do that already.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2022, 11:12:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sure, give him SOTY. He's very talented and dominate at handrail skating. However, I personally glaze over after seeing a barrage of handrail clips and lack of any trick creativity. His parts are way too long; the highlights would make a more effective part. I still wouldn't want to watch it again though.

I'd be fine with him getting SOTY because none of my favorites have been SOTY. It's fun to see the campaigns and footage drops though. I'm way more awestruck by Tyshawn and T-Funk though and actually enjoyed watching their video parts. Louie's always a pleasure to watch, but he doesn't come on as strong as the others.

"no trick creativity"

lol
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

crunchydank

• Rep: 9
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2022, 11:34:57 AM »
Can’t wait for my weird aunt to send this part to me on Facebook in 6 weeks!

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2022, 11:47:27 AM »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2022, 11:53:00 AM »
every1 will call you a rapist until you drop a sick ass part and then everyone just kisses your neck over the fact that it’s not filmed by fat bill

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2022, 11:54:14 AM »
Nigel went in hard on that part,  but is it enough?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2022, 12:01:28 PM »
Bill Strobeck: "ok its east vs west"

Tyshawn: "durag man vs legging man"

https://instagram.com/stories/tyshawn/2981655774477730198?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=NTU1Mzc3ZGM=

I feel like this is more of a friendly jab towards Nyjah. But then again idk. More spicy skate drama, fuck it.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2022, 12:02:15 PM »
Nigel went in hard on that part,  but is it enough?

To my criteria, fuck yes

Im actually impressed by the amount of huge rails he skates, how much bigger can we get than this?
cause being honest I dont know how many over-30-stair rail are out there.

I loved he nollie fs feeble that rail that chad fernandez fs lipped 20 years ago

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »
Bill Strobeck: "ok its east vs west"

Tyshawn: "durag man vs legging man"

https://instagram.com/stories/tyshawn/2981655774477730198?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=NTU1Mzc3ZGM=

it's so much more than that:

Nike man vs Adidas man - winner gets decent art direction for their board brand