Author Topic: Nyjah for SOTY  (Read 33814 times)

IpathCats

Re: Nyjah for SOTY
« Reply #420 on: December 12, 2022, 07:16:26 AM »
Who on earth could've guessed that this years SOTY race would leave many people (most of whom don't even really like him) feeling kind of sorry for Jah?

What a weird turn of events.

GH did a pretty good job summing things up.

I won't act like I'm not going to know who wins next year or w/e, but I'm def tuning out. I'm too old for this bullshit. It's like a much less valid version of American Idol where your votes don't even count.

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #421 on: December 12, 2022, 08:02:54 AM »
Who on earth could've guessed that this years SOTY race would leave many people (most of whom don't even really like him) feeling kind of sorry for Jah?

I won't act like I'm not going to know who wins next year or w/e, but I'm def tuning out. I'm too old for this bullshit. It's like a much less valid version of American Idol where your votes don't even count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9LawH6HiN0

just watched it and i think he made some good points. it does feel like thrasher is playing both sides by taking nyjah's footage knowing there's no way they will give him soty. i also think his point about lack of transparency from thrasher is good. they would benefit a good bit from explaining the decision a bit. when phelps gave it to tj last time he basically said "he fakie flipped a street" so you understood his thinking. i guess it's implicit that thrasher was thinking he switch ollied a table twice, he kickflipped and bs flipped a subway track, etc... but some transparency would be nice.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #422 on: December 12, 2022, 09:27:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9LawH6HiN0

just watched it and i think he made some good points. it does feel like thrasher is playing both sides by taking nyjah's footage knowing there's no way they will give him soty. i also think his point about lack of transparency from thrasher is good. they would benefit a good bit from explaining the decision a bit. when phelps gave it to tj last time he basically said "he fakie flipped a street" so you understood his thinking. i guess it's implicit that thrasher was thinking he switch ollied a table twice, he kickflipped and bs flipped a subway track, etc... but some transparency would be nice.
It’s funny because I remember Berra making the same point like ten years ago- Thrasher has too much power and they’re using everyone for footy. (Not that Berra has room to talk now).

My only issue I think is that people in skateboarding are overestimating how much Nyjahs rape allegations would make news. I think there’s not a whole lot there for media organizations to work with or they’d have come up during the Olympics. For normies that shit is a way bigger deal than SOTY

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #423 on: December 12, 2022, 03:43:32 PM »

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #424 on: December 12, 2022, 03:56:32 PM »
https://youtu.be/C0yK15qgzsc

'nyjah is the most controversial skater of all time'
LOL no. fucken stupid ass video

chima ferguson is a fucken kook too for saying that shit on the bunt. all the rape allegations are just hearsay which probably originally started from a slap post. what the fuck would an australian know about what happens at nyjah's parties anyway? do people actually think he has like drunken rape orgy parties or something? nyjah is lame but he's not a sex pest freak.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #426 on: December 12, 2022, 04:01:43 PM »

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #427 on: December 12, 2022, 04:04:10 PM »
Who remembers this?

AR abstain

• Rep: -25
« Reply #428 on: December 12, 2022, 04:12:09 PM »
Who remembers this?

gang rape gif. hahaha.
what do you think the alleged victim would think if she saw this? i won't say it's like getting raped again but it's certainly hurtful to be finding humor in it.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: December 12, 2022, 04:15:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Who remembers this?

[close]
gang rape gif. hahaha.
what do you think the alleged victim would think if she saw this? i won't say it's like getting raped again but it's certainly hurtful to be finding humor in it.

You know what, you're right. I didn't look at it from that perspective. I was just looking to clown these dipshit kooks.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #430 on: December 12, 2022, 04:50:38 PM »
obviously nigel is innocent. but crazy a twitter troll/aussie guy can cause so much damage. & where in the world is chase webb? did nike send their illumnati spy-ops after him? i woudlnt be suprised if he is a pro skater now in russia or somewhere like that

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
« Reply #431 on: December 12, 2022, 05:52:03 PM »
obviously nigel is innocent. but crazy a twitter troll/aussie guy can cause so much damage. & where in the world is chase webb? did nike send their illumnati spy-ops after him? i woudlnt be suprised if he is a pro skater now in russia or somewhere like that

I still don’t understand that situation.  Did Chase Webb take the fall for a separate sexual assault related situation?  Was it some other unrelated negative incident entirely? Or did the professional skateboarding community/his sponsors dislike him enough to just use his potential association with the Jah stuff to ditch him.  Either way, his completely vanishing into thin air from successfully professionally skating was pretty remarkable.  How come they couldn’t take D Loy too?   

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #432 on: December 12, 2022, 05:52:56 PM »
Expand Quote

chima ferguson is a fucken kook too for saying that shit on the bunt. all the rape allegations are just hearsay which probably originally started from a slap post. what the fuck would an australian know about what happens at nyjah's parties anyway? do people actually think he has like drunken rape orgy parties or something? nyjah is lame but he's not a sex pest freak.
The accusations were started by a whale emo on Twitter, no way she ever getting in to a party

AR abstain

• Rep: -25
« Reply #433 on: December 12, 2022, 06:03:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
The accusations were started by a whale emo on Twitter, no way she ever getting in to a party
wait, the whole thing is fake? why is everyone still harping on the jah?
is it more fun to pretend they gang raped a girl for the lulz than let the story go?
i'm confused.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #434 on: December 12, 2022, 06:49:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
is it more fun to pretend they gang raped a girl for the lulz than let the story go?
i'm confused.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl7MvEiAYmN/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #435 on: December 12, 2022, 06:58:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i'm confused.

the whole thing is 'unproven' and evidence is sketchy at best yet some people just WANT to believe it so they can write off nyjah's skateboarding abilities because he wears goofy clothes.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #436 on: December 12, 2022, 07:08:03 PM »
The sex allegations stuff is ridiculous.  If there’s evidence, that’s one thing, if it’s just allegations pretty unfair to the guy.   

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #437 on: December 12, 2022, 07:29:38 PM »
It’s time to retire this rumor. It’s been years and no one has come forward and no new allegations have come out since. Let it go. I don’t even like the guy but this is dumb.

greenbeans

« Reply #438 on: December 12, 2022, 11:07:13 PM »
Expand Quote

Fuck people who start allegations

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -205
« Reply #439 on: December 13, 2022, 12:52:25 AM »
Chima better come correct with some actual evidence or issue an apology, because that is some fucked up ass shit to drag another skater based off a weak ass rumor.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #440 on: December 13, 2022, 12:54:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i'm confused.
[close]

So what has Chase Webb to do with all of this? Was he part of the first allegation that was posted to Twitter?

who da thunk it

• Rep: -79
« Reply #441 on: December 13, 2022, 02:05:53 AM »

"He doesn't need to be guilty in that instance for me to not like him.

The smug ass look on his face when he knocked that light over in his last part was enough for that.

And he is just SO FUCKING CORNY GOD DAMN.

Just because he MIGHT not have been involved in a serious instance of abuse doesnt mean he's off the hook from being a total fucking kook otherwise." - ipathcats

You're not too old for any bullshit and you seem to absolutely love drama, speculating, and judging people for fun.

You will for sure be here, front and center. Stop acting like you're above anything, you gossipy Girdy. You can't wait to throw around some rumors and talk some stupid shit at every turn. You bring great dishonor to your namesake.

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #442 on: December 13, 2022, 02:37:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i'm confused.
[close]

"did you rape someone?"
"no."
"ok cool, what's your favourite thing about being a pro skater?"

absolutely insane switch up lmao

veritas

« Reply #443 on: December 13, 2022, 05:57:08 AM »
“Pics or it didn’t happen”

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: December 13, 2022, 06:00:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i'm confused.
[close]

[close]
"did you rape someone?"
"no."

What could he have said that would satisfy you?

warmonke

« Reply #445 on: December 13, 2022, 06:12:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i'm confused.
[close]

[close]
"did you rape someone?"
"no."

[close]

Who, the interviewer? I dunno maybe could've asked something that isn't completely vapid?

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #446 on: December 13, 2022, 06:17:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i'm confused.
[close]

[close]
"did you rape someone?"
"no."

[close]

[close]
Who, the interviewer? I dunno maybe could've asked something that isn't completely vapid?

“But come on, man to man, you did something right?”

warmonke

« Reply #447 on: December 13, 2022, 07:12:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i'm confused.
[close]

[close]
"did you rape someone?"
"no."

[close]

[close]
[close]

ok buddy

håkanhellström

• Rep: -42
« Reply #448 on: December 13, 2022, 09:16:55 AM »
Expand Quote
i dont really care about SOTY anymore, giving the prize to Nyjah would kill it off and end it for real, he doesnt represent skating the way Thrasher portrays it at all and giving it to him would just be the final nail for the tradition aspect of the award.

Half of his footage is on Element boards, thats probably all of his footage from the last few years or everything he saved up for Ty's documentary, its not like this is the year where he ripped most. its just the year his sponsors decided to push hard for SOTY.
[close]
Weed nyjah nyjah was way more sick than this ecstasy calibruh nyjah. Imagine nyjah doing stuns that he do today with dreadlocks and that kinda outfit and with a weedstyle.
That might've been true for Thrasher a few years ago but they just ran a 20-page interview feature, promoted parts, cover, etc...I'd say they're down with the Jah now, SOTY wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Good point re: Element boards, surprised I haven't seen this come up more - obviously everyone stashes clips for a big drop but some of those must be 2+ years old lol...bit excessive but whatever I liked the part

*idk how to embed caption, quitting element was January 2021
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKP5HR1HI5T/

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: December 13, 2022, 09:54:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i'm confused.
[close]

[close]
"did you rape someone?"
"no."

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
ok buddy

Ha sorry, I just think it’s a tough line of questioning to flip in or flip out of