Author Topic: Zack Wallin of Enjoi  (Read 13831 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Zack Wallin of Enjoi
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2022, 08:33:16 AM »
not for nothing but nollie back one and nollie back heel are two totally different monsters when it’s that much hang-time

zack rules and I’m glad he’s still out there killing it when he’s not wearing his metaphorical big boy pants for the workforce

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2022, 08:34:18 AM »

His Bonus round part was dope!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2022, 09:07:25 AM »
most pro skateboarders won't have 20 year careers and why should they destroy their bodies for meager pay. only a few make big bucks, others have to transition into real professions sooner rather than later

it is one thing to keep you skateboarding abilities going into your late thirties and early forties, but it does not need to be your career by that point

Gravity

• Rep: -238
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2022, 09:23:01 AM »
He was 2nd to durao in that style of skating imo

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2022, 09:35:58 AM »
So enjoi is done but they just put out a tour video, a tour video documentary and had a pretty lengthy article in one of the recent thrashers that all highlighted the new ams and Deedz and hailed Caswell and Louie as the vets. Was Deedz riding DLX boards in that? What’s going on with all this?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2022, 09:40:26 AM »
he's probably riding 1/2 deluxe 1/2 enjoi in the part he put out today.  make whatever of that what you will
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2022, 09:40:59 AM »
So enjoi is done but they just put out a tour video, a tour video documentary and had a pretty lengthy article in one of the recent thrashers that all highlighted the new ams and Deedz and hailed Caswell and Louie as the vets. Was Deedz riding DLX boards in that? What’s going on with all this?
NGL, I absolutely could see him on Krooked. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2022, 10:19:48 AM »
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2022, 10:42:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Didn’t this dude also nollie back 180 Wallenberg? Insane, what a fucked up trick.
[close]

honestly didn't this get outgnarred by shane o'neill who did a nollie bs flip in his shane goes part?

and like others are saying, enjoi is dead now. it really sucks cuz the image was so cool and kinda still is imo. they just rlly failed to utilize it to change with the times.

I posted this years ago when it happened but I think it’s way more difficult to hold a nollie bs 180 rather than catch a nollie bs flip trick over something that long. IMO it requires so much more control to keep it steady and under you rather than flicking and catching on the way down.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2022, 11:02:44 AM »
Some capitol holding company bought Dwindle from Globe in 2019. Allegedly Bod Boyle recently quit his position of president at Dwindle. Most likely some bean counter without any connection to skating is calling the shots
fuck you bama

decoi1

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2022, 11:37:01 AM »
Damn that’s a bummer. I never really bought their stuff other than one deck back in like 05 and Bag of Suck on dvd. But it was nice having them around

Phao Lo

• Rep: 54
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2022, 12:12:07 PM »

In Deedz's latest video, he is skating the Eddie Cernicky pro model from the most recent Krooked drop in some clips, and I think I saw some Krooked Team Eyes boards in there as well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 12:19:26 PM by Phao Lo »

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2022, 12:13:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Wallin is a beast and does construction or did. Which makes him far more respectable in my eyes that he still skates after hard work. Like kanfoush.

Edit. Also R7 decks are great. Last longer and stay crispy and pop lasts long. I’d say quality is as good or better than bbs. Just depends if there’s a shape you like and the companies are less cool.
[close]

Honestly I think they could be better than bbs

All Dwindle decks are single pressed. So every deck will have the same feel to it. Same goes for NHS. I think the quality is definitely better. Different strokes for different folks though. Some people like boards that flex and aren’t as stiff

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2022, 12:21:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In Deedz's latest video, he is skating the Eddie Cernicky pro model from the most recent Krooked drop in some clips, and I think I saw some Krooked Team Eyes boards in there as well.

He posted on his story a couple weeks ago a picture of his setup and it was the Eddie Cernicky banana graphic and it said "If you know you know" I believe.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2022, 01:02:24 PM »
I haven't ridden an enjoi deck for probably over a decade but i remember when i did it was probably one of the shittest decks i had ridden at the time.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2022, 06:24:16 PM »
Always appreciated Zack clips and photos. He has done some really fucked up tricks over the years and was super consistent. I also liked that he was the little ass kid in the Tiltmode videos and then stuck with those homies throughout his whole run, really loyal or whatever.

As others have said, he was saying on the Bunt that he has a really good career in construction management or something like that so I'm sure he made the perfectly rational decision to stop annihilating his body for $15k a year.

Hope we still get a trickle of clips over insta or whatever, as we know from the last 5 years alot of these dudes really do shine when the pressure gets taken off and they get back to skating for fun.

Everyone hating on Enjoi recently is tripping. That tour video they did this year (where they met Muska on the farm) was honestly amazing and Louie seems to be somehow the perfect dude to run this shit; somebody who really knows how to balance legacy dudes with new kids. If the dwindle stuff is true I hope Louie keeps the momentum and gets something else going asap.

His Bonus round part was dope!

"Ansel Adams??? Ansel Adams... Ok Call the Police!" god that is such a good clip

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2022, 06:50:30 PM »
I always thought dwindle was garbage. Did it change or something ?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2022, 07:43:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
always big fan of the company ,but never rode one
[close]

they're under dwindle, and in my experience boards from dwindle brands tend to be a bit on the shit side.

maybe they're not even all the same wood and that's just my perception.

but yeah, the one enjoi i had was maybe the least i've ever liked a board aside from maybe cut-price blanks.
[close]

Dwindle boards are really good now. Really good. R7 anyway

R7 boards are consistently good.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2022, 08:03:38 PM »
I went to an enjoi demo on their tour this year and if they’re folding we need to make sure someone is looking out for Tony Latham
Dude rips and is definitely the next worthy of the pro ranks for enjoi

decoi1

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2022, 09:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He posted on his story a couple weeks ago a picture of his setup and it was the Eddie Cernicky banana graphic and it said "If you know you know" I believe.

Krooked would actually be a good fit for him. Not sure about Zack though. Maybe Santa Cruz? Almost? Or just working man.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2022, 07:28:19 AM »
put the panda to sleep already

panda been sleepin....

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2022, 07:54:02 AM »
Zack wallin is fucking gnarly

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2022, 12:31:52 PM »
I've always dug Zach Wallin's skating. He's got so much pop, speed, and power. If he's psyched on a good construction job I hope he'll still put out clips/edits and if he's just switching board sponsors I hope he lands somewhere good.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2022, 12:35:13 PM »
Expand Quote
put the panda to sleep already
[close]

panda been sleepin....Pooping

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2022, 12:51:33 PM »
I haven't ridden an enjoi deck for probably over a decade but i remember when i did it was probably one of the shittest decks i had ridden at the time.
This right here is the problem that dwindle suffers from, they really need to do some marketing to improve the lingering image of poor quality. I too had the same experience when Enjoi first dropped. I grew up watching Tilt Mode vids and skating around the same spots and seeing those guys around a lot. I really wanted to like Enjoi so I got a deck and hated it. it had a wacky feel to it and it got destroyed pretty quickly. I have been stuck with the idea that those boards suck ever since. and they probably did until semi-recently. As I started learning more about the industry and where and how decks are made, and spending more time at a shop nerding out on this stuff, Ive decided that DSM factory (Dwindle, NHS)makes good decks now. Quality of the decks is no longer the issue with Enjoi, Now for me its the branding and graphics. The videos are mostly good, and I like the skaters on the team.

I cant quite tell if its just enjoi that is suffering right now or Dwindle as a whole. I think I heard Enjoi dropped its whole flow program. Im guessing that shipping delays at the ports is really hurting Dwindle right now. Other brands that get decks made in mexico and have a warehouse in Socal can have stuff delivered easier or even pick them up if needed. I kinda think thats a huge factor right now in whos scrapping by and whos tanking. All the Dwindle stuff has been massively delayed this year. seems like lots of riders are bouncing from their sponsors at Dwindle.

Also Zack Wallin Has done some gnarly shit and Im a fan of the skating he did

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »
Expand Quote
honestly forgot this guy existed
[close]

What?

Same here.. dude is fucking amazing. That park edit he posted on his IG was amazing
//////////

backspinflip

• Rep: -33
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2022, 06:29:05 PM »
trippy that some of you think a nollie back 180 is just as hard as a nollie back heel... cause it's hard to keep the board on your feet? Yeah maybe it is, but harder than flipping it and catching it? Nah, don't think so. Yes it gets harder to maintain a 180 as the speed and size of the gap increases, that is also true when you're flipping your board.

Zach rips. And the fact he's not some early 30's guy clinging to a skate career makes me like him even more

Capnsully

• Rep: -7
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2022, 06:46:20 PM »
And its starts.  who’s next. When the big big boss bounces no one is safe.

ish_wav

• Rep: 96
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2022, 08:08:54 PM »
Skate warehouse posted a story not too long ago saying that baker logo boards and enjoy white panda decks are their top selling boards.

gnidraobetaks

• Rep: 20
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2022, 08:11:44 PM »
just send enjoi to crailtap.