Author Topic: Zack Wallin of Enjoi  (Read 13737 times)

FakieDisaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
  • old leg
Re: Zack Wallin of Enjoi
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2022, 08:27:33 PM »
I always thought dwindle was garbage. Did it change or something ?

there are several tiers in dwindle boards now. there's Resin7 (top tier quality) and there's price point HYB boards (mixed with birch wood). always go for Resin7, on par with BBS stiffness.

Grand Saber

• Rep: 6
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2022, 09:20:07 PM »
If Enjoi is really the first to go out of all the current Dwindle brands, it really makes me question how the other brands are doing. Enjoi is still a decently popular brand in the bay area, but that might just be a local bias. If anything it would be great for Enjoi to go to another distributor because god knows they've had conflicts with Dwindle since the beginning of the brand.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2022, 07:56:39 AM »
kinda wild people are talking about Zach Wallin like he's some kind of chump.  dude rules.  whatever is going on with Enjoi sucks; sounds like they're circling the drain.
Gotta love a blue collar workhorse. I’d say hes in my top ten.
Good style with power. Hope hes not done. Disorder?

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2022, 08:20:08 AM »
Expand Quote
I haven't ridden an enjoi deck for probably over a decade but i remember when i did it was probably one of the shittest decks i had ridden at the time.
[close]
This right here is the problem that dwindle suffers from, they really need to do some marketing to improve the lingering image of poor quality. I too had the same experience when Enjoi first dropped. I grew up watching Tilt Mode vids and skating around the same spots and seeing those guys around a lot. I really wanted to like Enjoi so I got a deck and hated it. it had a wacky feel to it and it got destroyed pretty quickly. I have been stuck with the idea that those boards suck ever since. and they probably did until semi-recently. As I started learning more about the industry and where and how decks are made, and spending more time at a shop nerding out on this stuff, Ive decided that DSM factory (Dwindle, NHS)makes good decks now. Quality of the decks is no longer the issue with Enjoi, Now for me its the branding and graphics. The videos are mostly good, and I like the skaters on the team.

For 2 years I skated tons of discount Dwindle boards a surfshop kept selling (2016). I managed to skate different blind, enjoi and cliche boards. Shapes always felt kinda small (nose and tails) but skated really good; normal resin 7 boards were OK and have nothing to say against them, on other hand impact protection boards were amazing: Pro-light (whole layer of carbon fiber) or support (two discs) handled impact like no other boards; in some situations they even felt "too hard" and feet hurt while landing my shitty flatground tricks.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2022, 08:47:23 AM »
I like enjoi.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2022, 08:51:16 AM »
If Enjoi is really the first to go out of all the current Dwindle brands, it really makes me question how the other brands are doing. Enjoi is still a decently popular brand in the bay area, but that might just be a local bias. If anything it would be great for Enjoi to go to another distributor because god knows they've had conflicts with Dwindle since the beginning of the brand.

Where in the Bay? In the last 4 years of living in Oakland I never saw a single Enjoi deck at any skatepark or SF.

Kicked2thecurb

• Rep: -1
  • Happy birthday Mulks!
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2022, 09:16:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where in the Bay? In the last 4 years of living in Oakland I never saw a single Enjoi deck at any skatepark or SF.

Probably Sunnyvale park
Open the gates of manifestation and grant me the powers of darkness

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2022, 10:01:35 AM »
Damn I always thought this dude was an amazing and severely underrated skater. I used to watch this part all the time when it first came out. Still holds up now, but looks like the song got copyrighted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haaVG7kae-U&ab_channel=TransworldSkateboarding

Also I've skated a handful of enjoi boards over the last decade and never had an issues with them. Hopefully the rumors aren't true and they'll be sticking around.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2022, 10:12:01 AM »
I've mentioned this before but I went to a dickies demo a few days after Ben's passing. The team was obviously bummed and not going hard, which was expected. But I was able to chat with Zack for a bit. He was very nice and complimented my hat. He was popping front 3s on flat higher than I have ever seen in person.

I hope the best for him in his post skate career.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2022, 10:21:29 AM »
I see plenty of enjoi boards in the wild. Most of them are owned by either those who weren't born when Bag Of Suck came out, or those who haven't watched a skate video since Bag Of Suck came out. But somebody bought those boards.

Doing well as a company and being a "cool" company aren't the same thing.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2022, 10:50:42 AM »
Doing well as a company and being a "cool" company aren't the same thing.

This needs to be stickied to the top of every single thread.

Grand Saber

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2022, 11:07:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mainly in the south bay at random spots and such. Usually younger kids or much older dudes. I do notice in the East Bay that Deluxe is king. There was a period where I was seeing the WWE Enjoi boards everywhere though lol

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2022, 12:25:23 PM »
did I miss something or are people really speculating Wallin's departure is the demise of enjoi?
I thought I had seen the rumors of Deedz leaving disproven and it had sounded like a new full length was only a couple months out.
with Deedz and all the new blood, seems like the brand was at its best growth since Oververt

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2022, 12:29:05 PM »
I'm not completely sure what enjoi's present day image is, but I also feel like deedz fits it very well

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2022, 12:59:59 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClmMUdLDnb4/

So deeddz, thaynan and wallin are gone

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2022, 01:13:42 PM »
Damn.
Been my favorite deck brand for quite some time now, gonna be a bummer watching the vultures come talk shit and kick them while they're down.
Hope they can regroup, still have Jackson and Samarria, maybe move distributers if the rumors are true (which would kinda suck for me because I actually like dwindle boards).

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2022, 01:24:19 PM »
I hope Louie will drop a new vid soon with the new ams. So the active pros are now Caswell, Pilz and Samaria? Is Nestor still active?

Grand Saber

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2022, 01:36:36 PM »
I hope Louie will drop a new vid soon with the new ams. So the active pros are now Caswell, Pilz and Samaria? Is Nestor still active?

Michael Pulizzi as well. He just got on last year

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2022, 01:39:53 PM »
I swear I heard Jackson and Samaria were already of a while back. Maybe that was just more rumour like the deedz being of was for so long

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2022, 01:43:35 PM »
Damn.
Been my favorite deck brand for quite some time now, gonna be a bummer watching the vultures come talk shit and kick them while they're down.
Hope they can regroup, still have Jackson and Samarria, maybe move distributers if the rumors are true (which would kinda suck for me because I actually like dwindle boards).

Losing Deedz is huge cause I think he is one of the most talented skaters right now.

And why do I feel like Samarria will get on There Skateboards in the long run. She rolls with that crew hard and dates the filmer.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

wheelchair skitch

• Rep: -19
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2022, 02:53:30 PM »
zumiez has and will continue to carry enjoi financially. They easily could be a brand with few pros, pricepoint distribution and take the business model of darkstar under dwindle. The people speculating about dudes like zack wallin finding other sponsor making it seem like a sports free agency, thats not how it works guys.
BE LIKE WATER

baker3G

• Rep: -64
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2022, 03:05:09 PM »
we should start a go fund me and buy enjoi from dwindle.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2022, 03:16:45 PM »

I'm in.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2022, 03:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm in.

Reminds me of possibly the greatest prank call in the history of skating

https://youtu.be/jPfAy8Ajh5Q

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2022, 04:01:04 PM »
ooof. this sucks.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2022, 04:12:46 PM »
Damn, this is a huge bummer :( Deedz and Thaynan have been on enjoi for years and both fit the modern day image of the company so well. I hope this means they can add some cool new additions??

Pretty sure they're working on a video with full parts from each of the new ams.

work_lurker

• Rep: 62
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2022, 07:56:01 AM »
Major team overhaul, or slow demise of a cherished brand? Only time will tell.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2022, 08:28:29 AM »
Major team overhaul, or slow demise of a cherished brand? Only time will tell.

As Made in China had said, they are slated to release a full length video called Wet Blanket to showcase their new am squad, so hopefully that's a good sign. The High Wire tour video and then the documentary about it dropped just a few months ago.
The website seems to be pretty well stocked too, they're having a site-wide sale but I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the holidays than any kind of "everything must go" situation.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2022, 09:28:24 AM »
Just get MJ back on and call it a day, both are about as relevant as one another
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2022, 10:47:25 AM »
I love Enjoi and felt like their art direction was looking up in the last couple years, and their team was solid, but also still made sense for the brand.

Trying to figure out where Deedz could possibly go that would make sense but I have no idea… Polar maybe?

Tried to get a screenshot of the deck he’s skating in his most recent story but the pic is too large to post and trying to reduce the size makes it incomprehensible.