Author Topic: i want to like marc johnsons skating but i just can't  (Read 5339 times)

boltwheels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: i want to like marc johnsons skating but i just can't
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2022, 02:11:05 AM »
i watched his fully flared, rites of passage, yeah right and seven steps to heaven part and i just cannot get down with his skating. the style isn't that great, the tricks he does and the way he does them are just meh. i watch those four parts multiple times and the only trick that even stuck out to me was the nollie flip, bs180 and sick cab flip he does off those three stair sets. other then that tho it all just felt like brainfeed.

it sucks too cuz i know how much marc has contributed to the skate community and from his interviews he seems like a super funny and intelligent dude. he is everything a street skater should be personality wise.

is it because i'm a gen z skater (2002)? maybe it's just something i had to "get" during that era? someone please explain to me the appeal
It’s chill we don’t all like the same skaters. Who has a style and trick selection you like? That would help show your perspective some I think

Mall Grab Mike

• Rep: -9
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2022, 05:46:42 AM »
Must be weird to watch perfection and think like you do. I prefer a complex person with real life issues who kills it skating than a random Pro who's most interesting comment is "chillin chillin" or "let's go". The hypocrites who are so pro mental health but want to tear down a person who clearly has issues with it are just great people in general.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2022, 06:22:38 AM »
Right after he left emerica I almost bought a pair of his second emerica shoe on sale at a shop but ended up getting a pair of some etnies or something. I will always regret that. They were a really cool shoe.

I like his skating. I wasn’t really a fan of pretty sweet but his part was good in it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2022, 06:29:55 AM »
Right after he left emerica I almost bought a pair of his second emerica shoe on sale at a shop but ended up getting a pair of some etnies or something. I will always regret that. They were a really cool shoe.

I like his skating. I wasn’t really a fan of pretty sweet but his part was good in it.
Lol same thing but I got some es cybers. Maybe the chunkiest skate shoe of all time in size 13 or maybe even 14s on a 7.5 board. Definatly regretful behaviour

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 62
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2022, 11:13:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Lol same thing but I got some es cybers. Maybe the chunkiest skate shoe of all time in size 13 or maybe even 14s on a 7.5 board. Definatly regretful behaviour

The cyber’s were serious 2000s tech chunk. I had the Tribo in synthetic white+red they were similarly massive, with a strange little round rubber / plastic “protector” on the side of the toebox :

Everything about them was unnecessary.

Keyser_Soze

« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2022, 11:33:23 AM »
Yeah well maybe if you decided to be born earlier than 2002 you’d appreciate him like the rest of us.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2022, 11:49:01 AM »
Yeah well maybe if you decided to be born earlier than 2002 you’d appreciate him like the rest of us.

I qualify, but struggling to think of a team model eS besides the accel that I liked

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2022, 03:12:21 PM »
Marc’s skating is subtle.  It’s the notes that he’s not playing

greenbeans

« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2022, 07:20:44 PM »
Makes me wonder if OP thinks he’s obligated to do everything in life

muntcuscle