Author Topic: Dickies> Carhartt  (Read 4761 times)

LocalShrink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Dickies> Carhartt
« on: November 25, 2022, 10:01:52 AM »
Yo idk why but i just wanted to say that Dickies is way better than Carhartt. Dickies has better pricing, better fit and better everything. They have all flavors for all types of skater: they have the FLEX they have the reg fit and the Loose fit and they all way better than Carhartt. If you are on a budget buy Dickies and even when you are not on a budget buy Dickies they are way better.

!!!SKATE DICKIES!

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Dickies> Carhartt
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 02:00:51 PM »
Dickies sales so bad that they resorted to Slap burner shill accounts

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 03:35:18 PM »
I actually have to work in my work pants and i'd choose carhartt over dickies any day regardless of price.
Dickies are like 65% polyester while most carhartt are 100% cotton, at least the ones i buy. Carhartt get softer with age while dickies just get gross and scratchy because of the polyester degrading. Also it is way harder to get dried concrete off dickies than carhartt. Dickies heavy duty pocket shirts are nice though and durable (also 100% cotton).

Fuck wearing plastic clothes.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 05:45:51 PM »
I actually have to work in my work pants and i'd choose carhartt over dickies any day regardless of price.
Dickies are like 65% polyester while most carhartt are 100% cotton, at least the ones i buy. Carhartt get softer with age while dickies just get gross and scratchy because of the polyester degrading. Also it is way harder to get dried concrete off dickies than carhartt. Dickies heavy duty pocket shirts are nice though and durable (also 100% cotton).

I also have to work in my work pants. And you’re response has me second guessing my decisions. I always got dickies cause they are cheap and I can get them anywhere and I can skate in them too but the 100% cotton and no plastic clothes really hit a nerve with me and will now be looking into carhartt for my next work pants choice. I already buy carhartt vests and beanies. when you are actually in the cold carhartt beanies keep your head warm and the carhartt vest I have is lighter and warmer than the dickies one I have been running the last 3 or so years

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 06:32:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I also have to work in my work pants. And you’re response has me second guessing my decisions. I always got dickies cause they are cheap and I can get them anywhere and I can skate in them too but the 100% cotton and no plastic clothes really hit a nerve with me and will now be looking into carhartt for my next work pants choice. I already buy carhartt vests and beanies. when you are actually in the cold carhartt beanies keep your head warm and the carhartt vest I have is lighter and warmer than the dickies one I have been running the last 3 or so years

Yeah, I just think about how every time you put your dickies (or any other polyester clothes) through the wash they shed millions of plastic fibres which then eventually get washed out to sea or some other water system. The amount of plastic used in our society is insane and I think when people think of plastic they think of plastic bags and straws but they don't think of the clothes they are wearing which are just as bad. The more you think about the plastic issue the more you realise how bad it truly is. We're lucky that most skate brand t shirts are 100% cotton.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 06:32:18 PM »
I’m a big fan of moisturizing and I hate when my skin feels dry and disgusting and I feel like Dickies are just perpetually shredding off my skin, especially in the fall and winter months with the sandpaper-like polyester.  Carhartt stuff is 100% worth the marginal price difference and is much better quality IMO. 

I also have to work in my workpants and actually don’t wear either brand, but I 100% back Carhartt products in my daily life.  The one Carhartt sweatshirt that I have that was $39.99 is indestructible and warm enough to skate in teens and 20s weather. 

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 06:37:11 PM »
I’m a big fan of moisturizing and I hate when my skin feels dry and disgusting and I feel like Dickies are just perpetually shredding off my skin, especially in the fall and winter months with the sandpaper-like polyester.  Carhartt stuff is 100% worth the marginal price difference and is much better quality IMO. 

I also have to work in my workpants and actually don’t wear either brand, but I 100% back Carhartt products in my daily life.  The one Carhartt sweatshirt that I have that was $39.99 is indestructible and warm enough to skate in teens and 20s weather.

What brand do you wear for work instead of dickies/carhartt?

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 06:45:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What brand do you wear for work instead of dickies/carhartt?

I work in the emergency services field and they hook us up with a bunch of plain blue Elbeco pants.  They’re kinda stiff at first but pretty comfortable once they break in.  I’ve skated in them before - kind of give off some Ed Templeton “Welcome to Hell” vibes. 

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2022, 07:14:33 PM »
I do think dickies fit better i prefer to skate dickies

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 02:50:02 AM »
Carhart feel better to me, as for style i like them both equally and the prices... man, i never buy new expensive softgoods, but always find some cheap second hand deals at the thriftstore.

Uglier

• Rep: 14
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 03:07:16 AM »
I religiously wear the 874’s. What would be a Carhartt alternative similar?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 06:45:13 AM by Uglier »
the duck may swim on the lake, but my daddy 𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴 the lake

IpathCats

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 04:18:34 AM »
.....nah

Dickies < Carhartt

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022, 06:26:11 AM »
Carhartt quality is gooder

Uglier

• Rep: 14
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022, 06:44:32 AM »
I religiously wear the 874’s. Wheat would be a Carhartt alternative similar?
nvm just ordered 4 pairs for $100 from dickies
the duck may swim on the lake, but my daddy 𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴 the lake

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2022, 06:55:11 AM »
At least Dickies doesn’t have that wannabe hypebeast workwear line that Carhartt has.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 07:50:33 AM »
Duluth Trading has been the choice for me. They have really good heavy duty work pants and more casual or office-appropriate work pants, which is a perfect mix my my work. They also skate great with zero restriction.

animalflesh

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2022, 08:37:40 AM »
Tough Duck is the best

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2022, 08:51:58 AM »
At least Dickies doesn’t have that wannabe hypebeast workwear line that Carhartt has.
dickies makes stuff exclusive for urban outfitters, has had multiple supreme collabs and is owned by vf corp (parent company of supreme, vans, north face etc).

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2022, 02:48:52 PM »
Dickies sales so bad that they resorted to Slap burner shill accounts

Carhartt sales so good they have money to burn on hiring a fake Slap Dickies burner shill account to frame them and harm their cred.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2022, 02:53:38 PM »
I was a welder/fabricator and shop tech for about 8 years. Carhartt gear literally saved my life a few times. Always gunna back that. But im soft now and work in IT so i’ll rock some dickies for dress pants.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2022, 03:08:22 PM »

A) Who cares?
B) Dickies does exactly this.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

switchfakie

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2022, 04:53:19 PM »
never tried carhartt but ive been skating dickies for a long time and can confirm dickies are absolute ass

fabric is really scratchy, the seams pull out over time for seemingly no reason, the side and back pocket seams are the most common failure points for me

whatever i have pants wise is probably the last of whatever ill buy from them

their chain wallet is also ass, but their belts are alright

i read on this thread the tshirts are aight, so i might have to try them out

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2022, 05:14:58 PM »
carhartt  WIP having a good Black Friday sale currently

https://us.carhartt-wip.com

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2022, 06:56:51 PM »
I will always keep at least a pair of 874s, and then another as cutoffs for bicycle rides. But. Carhartt b01s are my preferred pant (until 65 + degrees). I like the duck/cut/made in usa.
In general, carhartt stuff lasts a lot longer for me, and is often manufactured somewhat closer to where I live. I wear way too much carhartt and have basically manifested a blue collar life…if wearing the clothes for work, the wash machine is the enemy. The less you can wash, the long the b01s last. It’s dramatic. I’ve looked at some of those work wear companies (1620), and….shit just looks a little too precious/perfect for the brewery/the type of person that’s gonna talk about their ‘edc’.
I am this shallow.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2022, 06:02:56 AM »
@ok B01's are the best skate pants, hands down. They're a little heavy and take getting used to, but the durability and fit is the best.

The only thing I like skating better are random loose fit cotton chinos from thrift stores. I really did love 874s for the longest, but polyester sucks.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2022, 11:33:44 AM »
@ok B01's are the best skate pants, hands down. They're a little heavy and take getting used to, but the durability and fit is the best.

The only thing I like skating better are random loose fit cotton chinos from thrift stores. I really did love 874s for the longest, but polyester sucks.

Some 874s feel decent, some have the wrong vibrations: just the feeling on the skin feels too weird.
I am all in on b01s, and then 501s, with the occasional wrangler…but that’s off topic. The main drawback to b01s, for me, is humidity/heat. The cut is ideal tho.
Cotton chinos sound nice for the warmer days

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2022, 02:06:52 PM »
I was a welder/fabricator and shop tech for about 8 years. Carhartt gear literally saved my life a few times. Always gunna back that. But im soft now and work in IT so i’ll rock some dickies for dress pants.

Just out of curiosity, how did they save your life? I’m a collision repair tech(aka bodyman) and do fab work and build customs and hotrods. So basically the same crap as what you did. Always worn Dickies or Red Kap for the past 20ish years. Nothings ever caught on fire or anything, so just genuinely curious.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2022, 04:31:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just out of curiosity, how did they save your life? I’m a collision repair tech(aka bodyman) and do fab work and build customs and hotrods. So basically the same crap as what you did. Always worn Dickies or Red Kap for the past 20ish years. Nothings ever caught on fire or anything, so just genuinely curious.

Definitely more of an exaggeration but I caught on fire a few times, especially when I started working in glassblowing. Theres a noticeable difference when a pair of levis catches vs a pair of carhartts haha.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2022, 04:33:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I just think about how every time you put your dickies (or any other polyester clothes) through the wash they shed millions of plastic fibres which then eventually get washed out to sea or some other water system. The amount of plastic used in our society is insane and I think when people think of plastic they think of plastic bags and straws but they don't think of the clothes they are wearing which are just as bad. The more you think about the plastic issue the more you realise how bad it truly is. We're lucky that most skate brand t shirts are 100% cotton.
When I was 19, my work Dickies gave me a yeast infection. Miss me with the plastic pantlones

If you're not buying the double knee B01s, regular Carhartt's run $10 more than Dickies in my size at $40 and there are always sales. The Loose Fit is slimmer than their standard and is probably closest to the 574, although not as slim. I've been on the Duluth Trading company pants for a while now though. They also have 1% elastic in them and the standard carpenter cut is perfect.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2022, 04:47:53 PM »
Dickies were great when I was a broke ass kid. Ben Davis are better, buy those instead they last longer.

Never had Cahart pants, they are over $100 at my local skate shop. No thanks.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"