Author Topic: Nike SB | Nyjah Huston | Need That  (Read 24877 times)

rlang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
Re: Nike SB | Nyjah Huston | Need That
« Reply #420 on: December 04, 2022, 09:14:28 AM »
Joslin has been hucking every trick imaginable down massive gaps for years on a bum knee... pretty sure Nyah can keep skating rails and flat bars for quite awhile.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #421 on: December 04, 2022, 01:18:14 PM »

I loved these lines, in particular. There were a lot of pleasant surprises in here, and I’m growing an appreciation for Nyjah’s deep bag of tricks and consistency. Plenty of creativity to be seen, even when on 10, 15 + stair handrails.

He really put himself through some shit and there were a few spots I hadn’t seem in a long while. This is the first of his skating ever that I genuinely enjoyed; I actually didn’t hate his Shine On part and I actively avoid Ty Evans post-Yeah Right.

ejazzle

• Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #422 on: December 06, 2022, 12:24:30 PM »
damn he did mean to go to 5-0 on that switch heel 5-0 on the blue hubba in miami. He posted the switch heel tail for shits and gigs on his story too

vinithebr

• Rep: -24
« Reply #423 on: December 07, 2022, 08:04:51 AM »
If Strobeck filmed this

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #424 on: December 07, 2022, 08:07:31 AM »
If Strobeck filmed this

haha oh my god  ;D

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #425 on: December 07, 2022, 08:19:24 AM »
If Strobeck filmed this

Genius! This calls for an "if Bill had filmed this" thread

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2022, 08:22:00 AM »
If Strobeck filmed this

Amazing, just needs dramatic slow mo on the glory push.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #427 on: December 07, 2022, 12:28:42 PM »
Expand Quote
If Strobeck filmed this

[close]

+1 need this thread in my life

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #428 on: December 07, 2022, 01:12:29 PM »
If Strobeck filmed this

Good gods that on point. Have a gnar.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #429 on: December 07, 2022, 01:14:08 PM »

I loved these lines, in particular. There were a lot of pleasant surprises in here, and I’m growing an appreciation for Nyjah’s deep bag of tricks and consistency. Plenty of creativity to be seen, even when on 10, 15 + stair handrails.

He really put himself through some shit and there were a few spots I hadn’t seem in a long while. This is the first of his skating ever that I genuinely enjoyed; I actually didn’t hate his Shine On part and I actively avoid Ty Evans post-Yeah Right.

People kinda forget thanks to SL that he's actually very good besides rails. He's got a massive bag of flatground (BATB) and could clearly huck; dude just likes rails, just like Foy.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #430 on: December 07, 2022, 01:36:28 PM »
Tons of guys have come back from busted ACL's with nowhere close to the resources Nyjah has. You just can't be stupid about it and risk re-injuring by getting back on it too quick, and take your rehab seriously. It's more when guys do catastrophic damage like Mike-Mo where they are never the same. Dollin had like 5 different knee surgeries. Lucas Puig has torn his ACL twice, and still puts out clips better than pretty much anyone out there. Austyn also did serious knee damage to both knees and came back and put out his best footage yet or atleast on par with his Austyn Unlimited stuff. Jamie Thomas tore his ACL in 99, and still came back with heavy footage for Dying to Live. Unless they butcher your surgery (and Nyjah is one of the few pros who can easily afford to go to a world class surgeon who specializes in ACL tears) or you don't rehab properly you can generally come back.

vinithebr

• Rep: -24
« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2022, 05:05:37 PM »
Thanks folks, I'm glad you liked it.

Expand Quote
If Strobeck filmed this

[close]

Could be fun, I'm over this messageboard though so here is how I made it if anyone wanna follow through:
It's a downloaded software, screenToGif, only a few mbs and free.

And then move the window with the mouse as it records. There are other ways to do it but this is mine.

And to stay on the thread's topic for a sec, fuck Nijah and his stupid gym fits.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1927
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2022, 05:09:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

People kinda forget thanks to SL that he's actually very good besides rails. He's got a massive bag of flatground (BATB) and could clearly huck; dude just likes rails, just like Foy.

He was hauling ass in that SW FS Flip clip.

I liked some of his skating in the 2 minute Monster b-roll edit, the spots weren't as pristine and showed he could get creative on street. Thinking of the bank-bench-bank thing he does a Nollie FS Heel Lipslide on.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #433 on: December 07, 2022, 06:18:17 PM »
Tons of guys have come back from busted ACL's with nowhere close to the resources Nyjah has. You just can't be stupid about it and risk re-injuring by getting back on it too quick, and take your rehab seriously. It's more when guys do catastrophic damage like Mike-Mo where they are never the same. Dollin had like 5 different knee surgeries. Lucas Puig has torn his ACL twice, and still puts out clips better than pretty much anyone out there. Austyn also did serious knee damage to both knees and came back and put out his best footage yet or atleast on par with his Austyn Unlimited stuff. Jamie Thomas tore his ACL in 99, and still came back with heavy footage for Dying to Live. Unless they butcher your surgery (and Nyjah is one of the few pros who can easily afford to go to a world class surgeon who specializes in ACL tears) or you don't rehab properly you can generally come back.

Great post.  Coming from an RN here

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2022, 11:37:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have no doubt that Nyjah will skate at a high level again, but at this high of a level?  Hope to be proven wrong but even the above mentioned people dont fit the criteria. Jamie never was the same, he killed it but never at the level that he was going back then. Prod may be the closest but likely wont be at the same level again either.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #435 on: December 08, 2022, 01:57:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have no doubt that Nyjah will skate at a high level again, but at this high of a level?  Hope to be proven wrong but even the above mentioned people dont fit the criteria. Jamie never was the same, he killed it but never at the level that he was going back then. Prod may be the closest but likely wont be at the same level again either.
Lucas has never had a drop-off and Austyn post double meniscus surgery was absolutely skating at the level he was prior, his WKND part and two parts with Former are absolutely at the level of his Austyn Unlimited part. Jamie got passed more by other people progressing past what he was doing 3 years prior more than his skating wasn't of the same level it was prior.

This is post double knee surgery, and might be the best footage he's put out.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #436 on: December 08, 2022, 02:19:05 AM »
Was crazy to hear on Steve Os podcast that jah never even broken a bone. Wild for someone who sends it so hard for so many years

bohemian

• Rep: -303
« Reply #437 on: December 08, 2022, 03:14:55 AM »
its been interesting to hear nyjah talk in these latest interviews, he comes off as way more humble and likeable than his persona has been presented over the years. and getting more info on his background and him being so open about it really says something. dude easily could have caved a long time ago, his story is really unique.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #438 on: December 08, 2022, 07:17:02 AM »
its been interesting to hear nyjah talk in these latest interviews, he comes off as way more humble and likeable than his persona has been presented over the years. and getting more info on his background and him being so open about it really says something. dude easily could have caved a long time ago, his story is really unique.

It has been noted before that Nyjah is a weird little skaterat masquerading as a jock.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #439 on: December 08, 2022, 01:48:11 PM »
the quasi story right now is 100% making fun of this thread hahahahah

they're smearing dirt on pink bondo so it looks natural and so you can't see it on video

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #440 on: December 08, 2022, 01:51:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Lucas has never had a drop-off and Austyn post double meniscus surgery was absolutely skating at the level he was prior, his WKND part and two parts with Former are absolutely at the level of his Austyn Unlimited part. Jamie got passed more by other people progressing past what he was doing 3 years prior more than his skating wasn't of the same level it was prior.

This is post double knee surgery, and might be the best footage he's put out.

Lucas never jumped off of anything nor did big rails. Same with austyn.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #441 on: December 08, 2022, 09:43:23 PM »
back blunt backside flip out >>>>>>

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #442 on: December 08, 2022, 10:26:25 PM »
the quasi story right now is 100% making fun of this thread hahahahah

they're smearing dirt on pink bondo so it looks natural and so you can't see it on video
they need to make fun of themselves for sleeping on nick matthews like he’s a tempurpedic mattress

skegleg

• Rep: -1
« Reply #443 on: December 09, 2022, 05:17:37 AM »
People kind of lose perspective of Nyjah's age -vs- the era of skateboarding he grew up idolizing....because he started so fucking young.  I'm 40 and he absolutely demolished the whole gnar rail era I grew up skating / relating to during my "prime", I can compare  seeing this part to watching like Jamie Thomas / Muska / Cole dropping their rail parts in the early 2000s. 

I feel like Nyjah, although he's like 12 years younger, was fucking somehow relating to that skating when he was 8 years old...and it shows by his spot selection.  I don't know if I'm making any sense....but I can relate to the spots Nyjah picks based on growing up in that era which coincides with him first showing up in the scene.  Noone can ever relate to the fucking tricks he picks though......it's just what he has to do in his mind to cement his status on that era of dudes he grew up looking up to.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #444 on: February 05, 2023, 07:17:03 PM »
Wow, just wow. That was crazy. I used to be super against wearing shorts to skate in unless you were Cardiel/Busenitz/etc. but then I was gifted/bought a few pairs of "luxury" shorts and I just skate in shorts now. Not sure about the sleeveless shirts to skate in, I leave that for the gym.

Wish he skated to the uncensored Ross song, but this combined with his previous part and his part tomorrow (weird that I share a birthday with this guy) if he doesn't get SOTY, assuming his next part is also a banger and Tyshawn doesn't bring the heat, won't make no goddamn sense.

Also, glad to see JRF posting again, for real. Digital SANE part was bussin big time and tried to learn so many of those tech tricks during my Jayme Fortune phase. Glad to hear you're doing well these days.

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. And yeah, I’m doing really good these days for sure. If got fully clean and sober, I don’t even fuck with weed or booze either, still can’t quite completely quit smoking cigarettes but I’m down to like only smoking 1-2 cigarettes a day. Anyway, thanks again for the kind words man.
//////////

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #445 on: February 06, 2023, 01:38:46 PM »
Multiple pros including Reynolds said they didn’t feel like they hit their prime until their 30’s. Y’all are trippin.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”