Author Topic: Nike SB | Nyjah Huston | Need That  (Read 24911 times)

pops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Nike SB | Nyjah Huston | Need That
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2022, 09:19:02 AM »
totally insane skating i know i should be impressed by but nothing this dude does registers with me at all. literally just got done watching it and couldn't recall a single thing aside from the ender.

Agree here. The shocking factor is big, yes, but despite how heavy his parts are, they do absolutely nothing for me. I will just never watch Nyjah part before going skating, ever.

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2022, 09:23:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Talk about the outfits, but this man is one of the greatest skaters of all time. Period.

His horrible outfits are more refreshing than another pair of big boys
[/quote]
Honestly, I’m so afraid to stand out (as are most skaters). So I always respect someone who’s willing to wear whatever they want without caring about other’s’ opinions.

His clothes make sense to me because he’s an athlete. Skaters are athletes, and there’s nothing wrong with hitting the gym and dress like one. Cats like Nyjah are proof what happens when you take this shit seriously 😂
[/quote]

"skaters are athletes" is definitely a contenious statement - basically the whole core skateboarding lifestyle industry is founded on the exact opposite view

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2022, 09:25:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How did he get up that rail so easily on the ender? What the fuck
[close]
the ramp he built, obviously
[close]

It's not immediately obvious. I only noticed after this comment, when I went back and looked.
[close]
to his credit it doesn't jump out after first watch. kind of takes away from the clip but it's still absolutely fucked he looked at that spot and even thought "hm, grind up, across, and down seems possible"

and before anyone jumps down my throat for pointing this out: there are posts claiming t-funk didn't really clear the china banks bench because he carved over the corner, and posts doubting the validity of tyshawn's switch ollie. if we can throw claims like those two out, we're definitely allowed to talk about the ramp

I didn't even see the ramp the first two times I watched that ender. It's still fucking insane.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:08 AM »
He just pushed the level of flip in tricks down rails. Also, a bunch of unique tricks in here that you never see him do was a nice surprise.

Wonder why some clips had no audio though? They could've at least tried to dub something in using alt angle attempts or whatever like Ty Evans lol

OhioGuy

• Rep: 65
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:29 AM »
Expand Quote
totally insane skating i know i should be impressed by but nothing this dude does registers with me at all. literally just got done watching it and couldn't recall a single thing aside from the ender.
[close]

Agree here. The shocking factor is big, yes, but despite how heavy his parts are, they do absolutely nothing for me. I will just never watch Nyjah part before going skating, ever.
I don’t think we should measure how good a part is by asking: Does this make me want to go skate?

This skating is unattainable for 99% of the population lol. So of course it doesn’t make you want to hit the streets.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:50 AM »
Nyjah doing a roof trick seemed so out of character for him which was cool.

I know most on here can't relate to his skating but I bet the people that do (Jamie Foy, Yuto, Figgy, etc) all appreciate this way more or at least should be giving him a nod of approval.

This part over Tyshawns part for sure unless he comes heavy in the Supreme video.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2022, 09:28:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It's not immediately obvious. I only noticed after this comment, when I went back and looked.
[close]
to his credit it doesn't jump out after first watch. kind of takes away from the clip but it's still absolutely fucked he looked at that spot and even thought "hm, grind up, across, and down seems possible"
and before anyone jumps down my throat for pointing this out: there are posts claiming t-funk didn't really clear the china banks bench because he carved over the corner, and posts doubting the validity of tyshawn's switch ollie. if we can throw claims like those two out, we're definitely allowed to talk about the ramp
[close]
I didn't even see the ramp the first two times I watched that ender. It's still fucking insane.

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2022, 09:30:21 AM »
He's hit every infamous handrail in the US there and I still couldn't give a cripple crutch fuck.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2022, 09:30:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

The smart thing to do now is to gin up a fake controversy about the ramp.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2022, 09:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
SLAP SAYS ENDER DOESNT COUNT

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2022, 09:32:05 AM »
That was amazing. Would not be mad at all if he got SOTY.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -208
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2022, 09:35:25 AM »
dude deserves SOTY by a country mile

thebacker

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2022, 09:36:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Don’t worry gifted hater will read this thread and mention it

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2022, 09:37:25 AM »
He's hit every infamous handrail in the US there and I still couldn't give a cripple crutch fuck.

That's why you commented right?

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2022, 09:37:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I don’t think we should measure how good a part is by asking: Does this make me want to go skate?

This skating is unattainable for 99% of the population lol. So of course it doesn’t make you want to hit the streets.

Idk, Gustav tonnesen is also completely unattainable but his parts make me wanna go skate. Difficulty/attainability has nothing to do with making me want to skate.

slippy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2022, 09:38:40 AM »
What the hell.  Excited for what people are going to put out to try and knock off this part for SOTY, if the bar is to make a part that no one can touch for a long while this has to make the cut.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2022, 09:38:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well you can take out the ender and he still did at least 20 different things that would be  people's enders..

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2022, 09:39:34 AM »
360 flip noseblunt was crazy

Part reminds me of a Skate 3 montage edit

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -208
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2022, 09:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Idk, Gustav tonnesen is also completely unattainable but his parts make me wanna go skate. Difficulty/attainability has nothing to do with making me want to skate.

cool... just remember that no one gives a single fuck about what makes YOU want to go skate, thanks for making sure we're all aware though
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:50:00 AM by backside_reacharound »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2022, 09:47:41 AM »
Never seen so many tan lines in a skate part

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2022, 09:52:28 AM »
That is a lot of insane skateboarding to process.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2022, 09:54:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Well you can take out the ender and he still did at least 20 different things that would be  people's enders..

I'd probably say 90% of the clips are basically anyone else's enders

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2022, 09:54:54 AM »
When I saw these curbs I said, "Need that!"

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2022, 09:56:10 AM »
I feel like I'm not good enough to really get this part. It's like watching someone do sthe craziest moves in an unrelated sport that I have no idea about how it works or how hard it is.

I need a full clip by clip review by some pro like jamie foy

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2022, 10:00:19 AM »
It’s cool that he’s not just pushing what is the biggest rail/most kinks that can be 50-50d or boardslid or whatever, he’s also bringing tricks to rails you don’t see anybody else really doing before.

That crook around the curve to back 180 out might be my current favorite

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2022, 10:01:06 AM »
truly superb, but brother, 12 minutes is too long when it's all massive. fatigue is real!

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2022, 10:01:31 AM »
This shit is even sillier after watching this..

Agree, I feel like Tyshawn could pull 95% of Nyjah's tricks if he really wanted it, and 95% of Tyshawns skating, especially when he's dropping one of his blockbusters, is completely out of reach to Nyjah.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2022, 10:02:06 AM »
disqualified for this switch push

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2022, 10:05:12 AM »
I feel like I'm not good enough to really get this part. It's like watching someone do sthe craziest moves in an unrelated sport that I have no idea about how it works or how hard it is.

I need a full clip by clip review by some pro like jamie foy

Don’t worry the nine club will post the clips and talk about some restaurant or something in the background instead lol

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2022, 10:06:13 AM »
youngboy better