Author Topic: Nike SB | Nyjah Huston | Need That  (Read 25023 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1088
Re: Nike SB | Nyjah Huston | Need That
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2022, 07:30:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i wish this skateboarding ability was blessed upon someone who isn't a fabulously wealthy, Beverly-hills-living influencer-crypto-bro who dresses like a middle-upper class white girl who shops exclusively at lululemon whose music taste entirely consists of the rap caviar playlist. sick video tho
[close]

he's wealthy because of his skateboard ability. The dude had a childhood full of abuse and trauma. He put in a lot of hard work to get where he's at. Hate him or not, that's just the reality.

Also, would you prefer him to wear big boys and dunks like every other clone out there? Why do you care how another grown-ass man dresses? Yikes
[close]

I think we'd all just prefer to see these tricks done by someone wearing something a bit more becoming. And yes you're on slap all we do is talk about fits Bro are u lost??
[close]

i dress like a normal dude and would never wear the shit nyjah does, but not one single time while watching that video did i think "i wish these tricks were being done by someone wearing something a bit more becoming".... that is potentially the kookiest shit i've ever heard, basically middle school level of thinking. grow the fuck up, loser.
[close]
with nyjahs booty shorts and oversized hoodies it kinda takes away from how fucked his tricks are.

Why? If anything, the fact that he's wearing .1mm of Lycra between himself as the asphalt makes it incredible more gnarly than someone who is wearing thick denim, which would protect their skin when they slam.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

MrDuckey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -80
« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2022, 07:41:47 AM »
Imagine if Leo Romero used a ramp to get up the rail in Stay Gold... Trying to trick the viewer is not SOTY worthy. Phelps would say that's wack. The ender is not raising the bar or groundbreaking. A lot of skaters could have done it a decade ago if they were kooky enough to use portable ramps

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2022, 07:46:13 AM »
Holy fuck Jah will provide! That was really really sick, not afraid to say it. No filler, all bangers. I think I'm a Nyjah fan now lol. The fakie shuv to sw back 5-0 and fakie shuv sw back noseblunt really stood out. Also gotta give him credit for not cross-locking that first back 50-50 down the kinked rail.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2022, 07:49:16 AM »
Imagine if Leo Romero used a ramp to get up the rail in Stay Gold... Trying to trick the viewer is not SOTY worthy. Phelps would say that's wack. The ender is not raising the bar or groundbreaking. A lot of skaters could have done it a decade ago if they were kooky enough to use portable ramps

nah fuck off with that!

I'm definitely not rooting for Nyjah, but that ramp took nothing away from the trick. It was Bazonkas to even consider that trick a possibility.

If you are going to criticize him at least try to have somewhat of an acceptable argument.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1135
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2022, 07:53:45 AM »

Lol ok

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2022, 08:07:17 AM »
I'm practicing being more positive - I just watched it again, and it really helps rewatching it (it is a bit too much sensual overload).

Two things I thought about this time:

1) Once Nyjah is flying (literally) is when he shines. He has an awkward style when it comes to riding, but as soon as he leaves the ground he looks so comfortable and in control. Like he's really good looking in the air!

2) WhoMadeWho was a nice surprise - I thought he would have gone with something a bit more Tomorrowland-esque, but the subleties of a more club-oriented tech-house track actually suits this part - as in it doesn't really make sense to build up to something crazy, since everything is constantly turned up to 11 on the stunt parameter.

I won't be mad if he gets SOTY, but he still won't be my choice. I get the appeal, and my jaw had to be picked up a few times from the floor as well.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2022, 08:07:58 AM »
My buddy whos not much of a skater but appreciates it said “hes so good he wears pajamas”.

That shit was out of control. Mind blowing skating. Haters are a little quiet these days.

ralf_

• Rep: -37
  • yo
« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2022, 08:41:47 AM »
My buddy whos not much of a skater but appreciates it said “hes so good he wears pajamas”.

That shit was out of control. Mind blowing skating. Haters are a little quiet these days.

dicksuckers aren't
fun fun fun

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2022, 08:45:09 AM »
nick trepasso would like a word about being good enough to wear pajamas

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2234
« Reply #339 on: November 30, 2022, 09:07:13 AM »
I'm practicing being more positive - I just watched it again, and it really helps rewatching it (it is a bit too much sensual overload).

Two things I thought about this time:

1) Once Nyjah is flying (literally) is when he shines. He has an awkward style when it comes to riding, but as soon as he leaves the ground he looks so comfortable and in control. Like he's really good looking in the air!

2) WhoMadeWho was a nice surprise - I thought he would have gone with something a bit more Tomorrowland-esque, but the subleties of a more club-oriented tech-house track actually suits this part - as in it doesn't really make sense to build up to something crazy, since everything is constantly turned up to 11 on the stunt parameter.

I won't be mad if he gets SOTY, but he still won't be my choice. I get the appeal, and my jaw had to be picked up a few times from the floor as well.
I'll be giving it a second watch one of these days as well.

Still tough to seperate his bullshit from his skating, but I guess we'll have to wait a few more years since thats the time it took for 1010.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2022, 09:20:29 AM »
creating spots and making unskateable objects skateable is one of the most celebrated things in skateboarding so I don't see how that doesn't apply here

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2022, 09:23:21 AM »
creating spots and making unskateable objects skateable is one of the most celebrated things in skateboarding so I don't see how that doesn't apply here

- sb

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2022, 09:27:38 AM »

Because it Nigel.  That is why. 

To me there are exceptions.  There is no way that trick is happening without the kicker.  Looks too steep if an angle to hit without some help. 

I recall seeing a part where a kicker was brought to every single spot / rail. It was awful.  This is entirely different.   If Carlisle dude this off a grate kicker. It would be TOTY. 

8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2022, 09:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nah fuck off with that!

I'm definitely not rooting for Nyjah, but that ramp took nothing away from the trick. It was Bazonkas to even consider that trick a possibility.

If you are going to criticize him at least try to have somewhat of an acceptable argument.
Imagine if Leo's rail as steep as a regular rail, taller and then went flat for a bit before going down a million stairs...

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2234
« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2022, 09:46:57 AM »
Yes, the 5050 is gnarly, but I think a tow in would've sufficed. Plus they kinda hid that kicker soooo...it brings the shit talking

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2022, 09:58:10 AM »
Anyone remember the movie Mannequin?  This is like the sequel, except this is the Dicks Sporting Goods Mannequin and he rips at skating.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2022, 10:00:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Because it Nigel.  That is why. 

To me there are exceptions.  There is no way that trick is happening without the kicker.  Looks too steep if an angle to hit without some help. 

I recall seeing a part where a kicker was brought to every single spot / rail. It was awful.  This is entirely different.   If Carlisle dude this off a grate kicker. It would be TOTY.

Is there a kicker/ stair ramp count in this video?  Probably the reason people are giving the ender less cred.  Nigel makes them look like he needs them all the time, rather than a 1-2 times use/ or make spot skateable

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
  • JACKASS
« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2022, 10:12:23 AM »
Y’all ain’t mad ab the bondo’d blind bumps tho

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2022, 10:58:48 AM »
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #349 on: November 30, 2022, 01:54:22 PM »
Fuck it...nyjah has the sexiest legs in all of male skateboarding.

Is there another part coming out? I got confused with all the dates people talked about

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2022, 02:15:31 PM »

Oooh leaving something to the imagination

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #351 on: November 30, 2022, 02:23:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oooh leaving something to the imagination

Well I agree with you on puig but Forbes and baca nah..

1. Puig
2. Nyjah
3. Ishod

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2022, 02:24:39 PM »

Dude, the ender is literally raising the bar and groundbreaking.
It is even raising the ground and barbreaking.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2022, 04:11:08 PM »
fucked up part. don't really know what else to say about it. possibly the heaviest part this year, even tho no trick in here trumps tjs sw ollie or tfunks china banks ollie imo.

this is the most i've enjoyed nyjahs skating. him doing lines, skating more interesting spots and having it filmed and edited well goes a long way. and that is despite that i still find the fits horrible and the music, apart from the first track, was sort of like background music more than that it added to any drama.

i could see him getting soty from this, but i haven't watched the new tj part yet.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #354 on: November 30, 2022, 04:21:59 PM »
I was more shocked to see the Fashion Island rail is being skated again (Nollie flip bs smith)

Been a while since I’ve seen that spot

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #355 on: November 30, 2022, 04:26:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes, the 5050 is gnarly, but I think a tow in would've sufficed. Plus they kinda hid that kicker soooo...it brings the shit talking

There's evidently a gutter before the set which the kicker circumvents, take that away and you are left with having to pop out from the shitty road with a crack protuding right before you would have to pop. You would struggle to find someone to ollie out from there to the rail and pop out to the flat let alone grind the entire rail.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #356 on: November 30, 2022, 04:58:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

There's evidently a gutter before the set which the kicker circumvents, take that away and you are left with having to pop out from the shitty road with a crack protuding right before you would have to pop. You would struggle to find someone to ollie out from there to the rail and pop out to the flat let alone grind the entire rail.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #357 on: November 30, 2022, 05:34:35 PM »
That is such an odd rail to make. Why not just flatten the whole island down and make a small pathway?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415
« Reply #358 on: November 30, 2022, 05:37:14 PM »
That is such an odd rail to make. Why not just flatten the whole island down and make a small pathway?

That’s what Nyjah and his boys were going to do first, but they ran out of time and just went with the kicker instead.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #359 on: November 30, 2022, 08:52:44 PM »
the only 50-50 Nyjah crosslocks in the entire part is the ender... Every other grind was locked in heelside.

Just an observation.

Dude fucking snapped.