Author Topic: Indy mids vs thunder trucks  (Read 1948 times)

Stuffedpuggle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Indy mids vs thunder trucks
« on: November 29, 2022, 07:16:19 AM »
Do the Indy mids have any advantages over thunder trucks. They seem to be a similar height.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
Re: Indy mids vs thunder trucks
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 12:53:43 PM »
If you already prefer Thunder then I don't think the Indy Mid would change your mind.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 01:16:32 PM »
I'm sure people would happily discuss this in Shoes & Gear.

I usually ride thunders and tried indy mids when a friend rode the same deck, wheels were about the same size too.

My personal opinions that might not be similar to yours at all:

1. They turn better, which is pretty useless because thunders already turn great.
2. The pop is disgusting if you're used to thunders. Even though the indies are wayyy heavier, the pop felt extremely light to me. Like you can only use half the force and need to pop a lot quicker. Imagine skating your setup, but with 10mm smaller wheels. That's pretty much what it felt like to me due to the decreased pop angle.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 03:25:50 AM »
I wasn’t impressed with them at all.  I’d stick with thunders if that’s what you know and like.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 01:10:02 PM »
How do they compare regarding wheel bite when riding them loose and with 52mm wheels? Indys as bad as Thunders?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 08:23:52 PM »
For me it was the same total level, but different engagement. With Thunders if you bite you pitch, with Indy I feel I can sometimes ride out the bite but it happens more often. Others seem to be the opposite. I didn't hate them like some, but did have an issue with the IKP loosening and canned em for Forged Hollows. I didn't mind the weight. But, I do prefer Thunders.

Stuffedpuggle

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 08:25:57 PM »
For me it was the same total level, but different engagement. With Thunders if you bite you pitch, with Indy I feel I can sometimes ride out the bite but it happens more often. Others seem to be the opposite. I didn't hate them like some, but did have an issue with the IKP loosening and canned em for Forged Hollows. I didn't mind the weight. But, I do prefer Thunders.

Indy mids hanger with forged hollow baseplates?

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2022, 04:14:51 AM »

Thanks!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2022, 08:52:11 PM »
something I was thinking was that I noticed they are blowing out all the mids, and now they dropped the lightest version possible ie. hollow/forged, do you think it's them identifying that a lower heavier truck was maybe not the best way to go?  Makes sense considering I just bought some...