Author Topic: Nyjah vs Tyshawn  (Read 4735 times)

theoriginalgoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -61
  • eight equals d
Re: Nyjah vs Tyshawn
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2022, 05:51:14 AM »
It’s honestly hard to decide who has the worst fits.
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 108
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2022, 05:52:58 AM »
burnett comes out on stage to make the announcement and a silence comes over the crowd, whos it gonna be?

"SOTY 2022 is.... Tyjah!"

both nyjah and tyshawn come on stage, give a big hug and kiss eachothers cheeks. they accept the award together, both wearing a mix of each other's fits and say in unison:

"we hope this award mends the division between east and west, hesh and fresh, contest and street, cool and uncool, good angles and bad angles, strobeck and evans, and all slap disagreements."

nyjah then sw ollies a table and tyshawn does every rail trick nyjah can do and everybody is happy and no disagreements in skateboarding ever happened again, and everybody clapped and yelled yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2022, 06:01:18 AM »
You jest, but there is a precedent for this (in track and field, at least). At the last Olympics the high jumpers in a tie for gold were offered, and accepted the offer of sharing the gold and not having a 'jump-off', as would usually be the case.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2022, 06:02:56 AM »
I might prefer Jah's Planet Fitness fits over the NASCAR Pajama fits Tyshawn wears sometimes.
Tough call though.

I hope Thrasher says fuck all y'all and gives it to TJ Rogers.
Or even better, they cop out extra hard and say "the winner is....Our Readers! You unsung heros of the streets, you deserve it! Skate and Destroy!"

IpathCats

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2022, 06:07:37 AM »
99% of issues/debate/discussion around SOTY is due to the vague ass judging/voting metrics.

I think it would do thrasher some good to CLEARLY outline what the criteria is. Because everyone's idea of SOTY seems to differ a bit.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2022, 06:29:18 AM »
Tyshawn exclusively releasing footage to get soty kinda annoys me a little, he hasn’t put out a part since 2018 and has just stockpiled until soty comes around, not really the route I hope this award goes in at least suciu had solid out put throughout the years before he won

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2022, 06:44:34 AM »
burnett comes out on stage to make the announcement and a silence comes over the crowd, whos it gonna be?

"SOTY 2022 is.... Tyjah!"

both nyjah and tyshawn come on stage, give a big hug and kiss eachothers cheeks. they accept the award together, both wearing a mix of each other's fits and say in unison:

"we hope this award mends the division between east and west, hesh and fresh, contest and street, cool and uncool, good angles and bad angles, strobeck and evans, and all slap disagreements."

nyjah then sw ollies a table and tyshawn does every rail trick nyjah can do and everybody is happy and no disagreements in skateboarding ever happened again, and everybody clapped and yelled yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew LESSSSSS FUGGGGGGGIN GOOOOOOO!!!
i’m sorry but everything you said made perfect sense until that very last part so i corrected. i also like the name ‘nyjahwn’ a lot more.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1219
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2022, 07:01:10 AM »
You jest, but there is a precedent for this (in track and field, at least). At the last Olympics the high jumpers in a tie for gold were offered, and accepted the offer of sharing the gold and not having a 'jump-off', as would usually be the case.

What?  Isn’t the whole idea to find out who is the best?

How many more Olympics until everyone just gets a participation trophy like in t-ball?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Dr Waffles

• Rep: 15
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2022, 07:29:20 AM »
Nyjah's SOTY trip gonna be in like Phoenix or something with a bunch of 'models' and Ty with his drone.
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2022, 07:31:38 AM »
Nyjah's SOTY trip gonna be in like Phoenix or something with a bunch of 'models' and Ty with his drone.

seems like a good video to me

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2022, 07:33:43 AM »
99% of issues/debate/discussion around SOTY is due to the vague ass judging/voting metrics.

I think it would do thrasher some good to CLEARLY outline what the criteria is. Because everyone's idea of SOTY seems to differ a bit.

In what way would it benefit Thrasher to do that? Do you think that they want less conversation about SOTY? That they need fewer web impressions here? Fewer shares and comments on Instagram?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

IpathCats

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2022, 08:14:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In what way would it benefit Thrasher to do that? Do you think that they want less conversation about SOTY? That they need fewer web impressions here? Fewer shares and comments on Instagram?

It would make SOTY more legitimate for sure. A lot of people feel like it's bullshit and clarifying things would help that.

At this point I think it would almost be better to just designate Nov/Dec as the time to drop your individual SOTY part (that only contains clips from the present year) and just have people vote for the best edit. It could contain clips from other parts you had that year. but that one edit is what would be voted on.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2022, 08:42:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It would make SOTY more legitimate for sure. A lot of people feel like it's bullshit and clarifying things would help that.

At this point I think it would almost be better to just designate Nov/Dec as the time to drop your individual SOTY part (that only contains clips from the present year) and just have people vote for the best edit. It could contain clips from other parts you had that year. but that one edit is what would be voted on.
[close]
the criteria is (and has always been) "do the Thrasher editors like you and your skating?" and "did you help sell our magazine this year?" there's not a secret formula to tap into because i'm pretty sure no one at the magazine has put that much thought into the overarching decision-making process, vs the year-to-year decisions. it'll never be a one-size-fits-all thing

so yeah, it's bullshit but that doesn't make the title any less legitimate or respected

Don’t forget the most important criteria: your sponsors having money.

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -397
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2022, 08:42:45 AM »
jah wins all
its like old school mewtwo; you love it but you hate it for being too perfect
you might like it or not but he's going down buildings on shorts and I respect that, honestly wtf
as long as he keeps this level he can wear anything he wants

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tyshawn is better at getting tricks to stick in your brain. Trash can, picnic table, train tracks. Nyjah might make better music but TJ is more quotable
[close]
Idk that rollercoaster 50-50 is burned in my mind
[close]
dude yes.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Have Jah switch ollie a table and we'll compare the footy
[close]

He'll do it right after tyshawn front nosegrinds a 25
[close]
And right before, he will kickflip over a NYC subway track for a Thrasher cover

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2022, 08:45:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Do you believe that the purpose of declaring a Skate of the Year is to scientifically determine which person is the objective best skateboarder in a given year?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

dannyprovolone

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2022, 09:05:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tyshawn exclusively releasing footage to get soty kinda annoys me a little, he hasn’t put out a part since 2018 and has just stockpiled until soty comes around, not really the route I hope this award goes in at least suciu had solid out put throughout the years before he won
[close]
everything you said applies to nyjah as well
[close]

Some of this Nyjah footage out right now looks 2-3 years old based on the faux hawk. I really think 95% of what Tyshawn is dropping is from this year. You don't win MVP by breaking yourself off half way into the season. Nyjah wants to turn this into a sports ting OK let's play some sports. Rule
number one in sports is you don't win MVP by breaking yourself off mid season. Who went the hardest in 2022? It's unquestionably Tyshawn

Sorry but tyshawns approach is certainly more jockish than Nigel. Nigel out there gettin clips regardless of an award. A true professional

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2022, 09:10:21 AM »

LOL
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham