Author Topic: Gino Ianucci  (Read 11251 times)

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
Gino Ianucci
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:27:17 AM »

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gino Ianucci
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 09:52:21 AM »
Shout out to Waylon Bone for making these rad videos. I always look forward to a new Out There episode.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 09:54:44 AM »
Of course he rolls up to the rink in the classiest OG bauers...

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 10:13:44 AM »
I remember those Bauers from when I was a kid, excellent choice.

Gino for SOTY.

And I’ve probably said this in every thread but Out There is my favourite bit of skateboard media from the past little while. Fills the void of epicly latered, and everyone they’ve profiled is someone you wanna hear from.

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 10:25:38 AM »
I remember those Bauers from when I was a kid, excellent choice.

Gino for SOTY.

And I’ve probably said this in every thread but Out There is my favourite bit of skateboard media from the past little while. Fills the void of epicly latered, and everyone they’ve profiled is someone you wanna hear from.

Will watch later but I still think the guy is a bum.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 10:49:33 AM »
I'd rather watch Gino pedal his Pista...

Great piece. Smooth as ever but can't imagine becoming a Dad at 48.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 11:31:18 AM by Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum »

Mitch Brenner

• Rep: -14
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 10:50:46 AM »
Love the Out There features. Crazy Gino's 48 and still looks that fluid and smooth on a board, also shoutout him his baby mama is a dime.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 10:56:45 AM »
I'd rather watch Gone pedal his Pista...

For real I'd rather watch Gino get old

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 10:57:09 AM »
Best push and facial hair in the game

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 10:57:54 AM »
great segment. love gino. he has the smoothest back 180 ever.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 11:41:49 AM »
Damn i thought I was older than him lol. That said I love these videos, that was a great watch. Didn't really know why there was zero footage of Gino for ages makes sense now. Hopefully he can support his family, will buy some poets stuff when I can.
Dill was looking a bit rough in that and if Dill was worried.....I'm glad Gino got threw it.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 12:03:34 PM »
I'd rather watch Gino pedal his Pista...

If it makes it easier to understand, a lifer pro skateboarder at age 48 probably has a mental age of like 35.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 12:40:07 PM »
Sure. I had a kid at 29. A good friend of mine had his first and only at 50. No matter your mental or emotional age... that's going to be tough.

switchfakie

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 12:48:21 PM »
what a cool fellow, he's from the generation above me so i dont know anything about him but i do remember seeing that clip of the backside flip up the stairs where the board bounces off the wall and he catches it

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2022, 12:57:33 PM »
what a man
ohyeahohyeah

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2022, 01:07:10 PM »
"Sometimes, Gino needs to be structured". He talks about himself in the third person. I love this.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 01:33:59 PM »
Sure. I had a kid at 29. A good friend of mine had his first and only at 50. No matter your mental or emotional age... that's going to be tough.

i kinda thought of this the other day: im 30 and have trouble taking care of myself, no way I should be a parent… that means I won't have kids? maybe, right?
fun fun fun

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2022, 01:42:25 PM »
My favorite part was him pronouncing Nike like bike.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2022, 01:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i kinda thought of this the other day: im 30 and have trouble taking care of myself, no way I should be a parent… that means I won't have kids? maybe, right?

I am sort of a late bloomer in life and when I was 30, I did not have my shit together at all. I was $20K in debt in a 200 square foot studio in SF and just blew all my money on going out buying shit that made me happy. About my mid to late 30s, I started to figure shit out with the help of my now wife. I even told her I never wanted kids cause I came from a divorced household but I am going to be 42 next year and will have my second kid in May and will raise them in a house I just bought last year.

So if there is a will, there is a way. You still have time to get shit right. It might take time but it's doable if you put in some effort into it. And trust me, my effort was super super minimal. I could have gotten my shit together in half that time but it took way longer cause I was that guy that didn't want to change for nobody.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2022, 02:02:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am sort of a late bloomer in life and when I was 30, I did not have my shit together at all. I was $20K in debt in a 200 square foot studio in SF and just blew all my money on going out buying shit that made me happy. About my mid to late 30s, I started to figure shit out with the help of my now wife. I even told her I never wanted kids cause I came from a divorced household but I am going to be 42 next year and will have my second kid in May and will raise them in a house I just bought last year.

So if there is a will, there is a way. You still have time to get shit right. It might take time but it's doable if you put in some effort into it. And trust me, my effort was super super minimal. I could have gotten my shit together in half that time but it took way longer cause I was that guy that didn't want to change for nobody.

I am literally just starting this journey now at 36.

Just paid off heinous debts from a life of madness. Got my act together and have just started saving. Me and my girl gonna start trying for a baby next year. Better late than never
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2022, 02:03:38 PM »
Say what you want about corporate money in skateboarding but the fact that Nike backed a legend like Gino through some rough years can't be overlooked.

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2022, 02:05:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

thank you thank you, there is hope
fun fun fun

Trilogy

• Rep: -265
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2022, 02:10:26 PM »
I'm honestly going to say, I rather hear Gino talk than watching some unstylish robot doing the most mindblowing trick!

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2022, 02:34:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Just paid off heinous debts from a life of madness. Got my act together and have just started saving. Me and my girl gonna start trying for a baby next year. Better late than never

Yup. By the end of it, we all can get to the same point regardless if someone does it sooner than others. And to be truthful, I rather enjoyed being broke in my 30s and doing spontaneous stuff but now that I am 41, I am not trying to go to bars where the everyone is in their 20s and 30s. I belong at the breweries and kids park now. Haha.

Good luck on the kid thing. 
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2022, 02:39:43 PM »
Wild hearing Gino speak this open and honestly about himself and his struggles.  I feel like he usually comes off as standoffish and disinterested in everything.  This humanized him a lot.  I’m a massive fan of his skating and wish him continued success.  Gino circa 2004ish (?) in those Nike SB FC’s was so sick. 

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2022, 02:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yup. By the end of it, we all can get to the same point regardless if someone does it sooner than others. And to be truthful, I rather enjoyed being broke in my 30s and doing spontaneous stuff but now that I am 41, I am not trying to go to bars where the everyone is in their 20s and 30s. I belong at the breweries and kids park now. Haha.

Good luck on the kid thing.

Cheers man
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2022, 03:31:30 PM »
Gave his kid the middle name Lucero.   Wonder if that’s an Italian thing or an homage to John (only give pause bc they don’t appear that close to merit a naming)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2022, 04:54:53 PM »
Dill neck

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265