Author Topic: Can we talk about Bobby's commentary on the Static series?  (Read 10318 times)

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • sup dog
Re: Can we talk about Bobby's commentary on the Static series?
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2024, 05:43:54 PM »
I’m playing a new game: how long before “x” gets banned (again).

It makes me sad to see people banned.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Ninj2

• Rep: -69
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2024, 05:46:00 PM »

Bobby don’t cry

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2024, 08:19:49 PM »
always funny to see New Yorkers try to gatekeep the most populated city in the country

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2024, 05:09:22 AM »
I know he reeding this.
Here some illuminate shit.
How come Pulaski don’t get the shine it deserve?
Pepe Martinez and andy stone
That’s 20 letters.
What the fuck is 20 letters?

Why did bush knock down the towers
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2024, 06:02:19 AM »
Also last time I checked Bobby lives in Greenpoint - I lived there for a decade and saw it turn from loft parties and art studios to Murray Hill east. Does that mean Bobby is a finance bro now since his neighbors probably work at Goldman? If you see him sitting outside eating at five leaves are you going to punch him in the face for not being authentic enough?

He’s a great skater, but obviously a total fucking narcissist and loves all the attention he gets from being ‘eccentric and reclusive’
Bobby lives in Ridgewood Queens now

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2024, 07:12:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Also last time I checked Bobby lives in Greenpoint - I lived there for a decade and saw it turn from loft parties and art studios to Murray Hill east. Does that mean Bobby is a finance bro now since his neighbors probably work at Goldman? If you see him sitting outside eating at five leaves are you going to punch him in the face for not being authentic enough?

He’s a great skater, but obviously a total fucking narcissist and loves all the attention he gets from being ‘eccentric and reclusive’
[close]
Bobby lives in Ridgewood Queens now

Of course he does - next time I'm in town I'll keep my eyes open for him if we get brunch at Julias (my wife lived in Ridgewood when we met and I purposed to her in that very restaurant)

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2024, 08:42:55 AM »
Yeah he’s around that strip of Forest and Catalpa all the time. Yelling at random people, locking up ten rusty bikes in front of his building, just basically being cool as fuck and a complete legend 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 03:36:50 PM by mj23 »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2024, 12:43:49 PM »
I've mentioned this on here before but a close friend of mine was in NY quite awhile ago and was hanging out with some friends who aren't skaters and they ordered some food to the apartment and one of their friends said "God I hope it's not that one asshole delivery guy. Oh! Actually you may know of him, apparently he used to be a pro skater? Bobby something...."

They were indeed talking about our Bobby but unfortunately for my friend (fortunately for the others) he was not the delivery person that day.

I love that he's such a legendary asshole that even people not involved in skateboarding do not want to interact with him.

Stoprockboi

• Rep: -9
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2024, 02:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m just taking shit but I somewhat agree with Puleo on some takes. It’s just hilarious that Josh goes home to brownstone bk after a day of portraying the gully image of nyc for decades. Can’t really be mad at Puleo because at least he’s true to himself.
[close]

Even in ‘brownstone Brooklyn’ you’re still going to see a ton of rats, cockroaches, tiny apts, etc.

Do y'all really think Josh is has a omakase chef on staff in his apt and a blood boy? Living in Brooklyn doesn’t mean you’re rich and entitled, just means you can hustle.

I’ll never understand why people love to shame others for choosing to live in nyc - is it jealousy? It’s pretty scary moving there, but one you do it it makes living everywhere else a breeze.
You’re going to get made fun of when you’re a transplant making nyc your whole identity/persona. Just how it is, nothing personal lol.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 268
  • often correct
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2024, 02:24:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m just taking shit but I somewhat agree with Puleo on some takes. It’s just hilarious that Josh goes home to brownstone bk after a day of portraying the gully image of nyc for decades. Can’t really be mad at Puleo because at least he’s true to himself.
[close]

Even in ‘brownstone Brooklyn’ you’re still going to see a ton of rats, cockroaches, tiny apts, etc.

Do y'all really think Josh is has a omakase chef on staff in his apt and a blood boy? Living in Brooklyn doesn’t mean you’re rich and entitled, just means you can hustle.

I’ll never understand why people love to shame others for choosing to live in nyc - is it jealousy? It’s pretty scary moving there, but one you do it it makes living everywhere else a breeze.
[close]
You’re going to get made fun of when you’re a transplant making nyc your whole identity/persona. Just how it is, nothing personal lol.
this describes bobby much more than it describes josh

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
Re: Can we talk about Bobby's commentary on the Static series? R
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2024, 02:43:02 PM »
How many times can this dead horse be dug up and beaten?

”you think they got 4,5,and 6 trains in Tampa?” Will always be funny.

I’d rather watch Bobby talk about old long gone vert ramps and graffiti. But how many of you have seen static 1? it’s undeniable that the videos went from a FL dude gtapping in with the right dudes in various metropolitan areas… to putting out videos that were >50% super8 footage of bridges connecting Manhattan and Brooklyn by Static 4.

I found an angle of the towers falling with a big DEVS roller in the foreground. Honestly suprised he hasn’t posted that yet.

Free Max B

Post it

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2206
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2024, 02:48:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
FRFR
When you're right, you're right.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Stoprockboi

• Rep: -9
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2024, 08:40:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
It applies to both of them.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2024, 09:35:11 PM »
I've mentioned this on here before but a close friend of mine was in NY quite awhile ago and was hanging out with some friends who aren't skaters and they ordered some food to the apartment and one of their friends said "God I hope it's not that one asshole delivery guy. Oh! Actually you may know of him, apparently he used to be a pro skater? Bobby something...."

They were indeed talking about our Bobby but unfortunately for my friend (fortunately for the others) he was not the delivery person that day.

I love that he's such a legendary asshole that even people not involved in skateboarding do not want to interact with him.

This is very funny.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2024, 10:45:20 PM »
If you are good enough and you angle your assholery just enough…..we call that a legend in skateboarding…..

D10S

• Rep: -53
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2024, 02:10:37 PM »

more Static 2 commentary...

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2206
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM »

more Static 2 commentary...
How long ‘til Bobby asks to have this VP segment removed from the webs?
Doesn’t come off looking confident & secure when every unwritten rule you tediously explain has a special exemption clause for YOU because, you know… Bobby.
Just as Mr. Puleo should always be held high for his contributions to skatebloarding, he should likewise probably be held at a distance for his novel takes.
Backing Josh on this one.
I’ll tell you this much though; I don’t want to live in a world where there are no Bobby Puleos.
Spice. 🤌🏽

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?