Author Topic: San Francisco  (Read 1552 times)

Candied cigarettes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
San Francisco
« on: December 02, 2022, 11:34:56 AM »
I feel like there’s already a thread i could just bump, but couldn’t find anything recent.

Gonna be in SF from Dec 10-13, hmu if wanna meet up for a sesh. Staying kinda near Glen Park. I know that I’m gonna go to waller and i might check out this spot: https://ibb.co/3y7Rkbv
How hard is it to skate this? Looks tough but i think i can scrape a bs wall ride. If anyone has the pin for this spot and is ok with sharing you can just PM me if you don’t want to put it here

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 07:29:05 AM »
I’m in Napa but super keen on taking the commute down the 10th or 11th. @Lou Strux is the master spot locator as well for the Bay Area.

We’ve been catching some rain too so it’ll be a little bit of a gamble on timing.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 10:40:31 AM »
wallride spot is between 24th/mission and potrero. skate around and you will find.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 08:43:03 AM »
The Alabama banks are on Alabama btw 24th and 25th
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 08:46:09 PM »
Does anybody know how often the curved orange bench near that museum on the piers at SF is a bust? I went there twice, the first time was totally fine and I didn’t have any issues with security but the second time I was asked to leave by one of those city ambassador dudes. Are they always there?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 11:10:39 PM »
Does anybody know how often the curved orange bench near that museum on the piers at SF is a bust? I went there twice, the first time was totally fine and I didn’t have any issues with security but the second time I was asked to leave by one of those city ambassador dudes. Are they always there?

I was told they were removed recently but didn’t verify this last time I was there.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 03:12:00 AM »
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
Frangipanis ideally but do you even have them there?
listen to cosmic psychos

Pushing 4D

• Rep: 9
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 06:32:58 AM »
Not sure if the curved bench is still there or not, but it was 100% built for skateboarding.  The guy who designed it for the Exploratorium used to skate, and they wanted to create an exhibit that was an optical illusion that's also skateable.  If someone kicked you out, they were in the wrong.

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 12:23:18 AM »
Not sure if the curved bench is still there or not, but it was 100% built for skateboarding.  The guy who designed it for the Exploratorium used to skate, and they wanted to create an exhibit that was an optical illusion that's also skateable.  If someone kicked you out, they were in the wrong.

The bench was there on the 14th of December, can verify that for sure. Tried explaining that there wouldn’t be coping on the thing if it was just meant to be a bench but dude wasn’t having so I just left. Is it even a real street spot atp?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 02:04:19 PM »
bumping this one since for some reason there isn't an SF thread like the NYC one

is 3rd and army worth going out of your way for? how tall are the benches there (the ones you can do manuals on)?

are the china banks a bust nowadays? if so, is there a good time to check them out?

any good food recommendations for the lower haight area?

china banks is a bust not sure about times...a lot of SF spots are like this so be careful, my boy got his skate taken and a citation for skating Pier 7 while I took off running into traffic to avoid SFPD

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 06:23:39 PM »
is 3rd and army worth going out of your way for? how tall are the benches there (the ones you can do manuals on)?

are the china banks a bust nowadays? if so, is there a good time to check them out?

any good food recommendations for the lower haight area?

Third and Army is worth checking out if you've never been. The ledges are a bit below knee height on a 6ft tall person. There's a fun little quarter pipe built up to a round bar that's fun. There's also a rough DIY now on the eastern side the plaza. If you get bored, cross the street and bridge and skate the metal edges ledges and manual pads at Rosa Parks plaza.

I haven't been given the boot at China Banks in a long time, maybe over 10 years. Then again, I only skate it for about 30 minutes at a time. The gates are usually open in daylight hours. The plaza can get busy on the weekends, but the banks are usually skateable.

If Love N Haight was still around I'd direct you there for food. Otherwise my knowledge of legit places to eat in Lower Haight is limited.

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023, 12:02:14 AM »
Does anyone know where the wooden bench spot fabi skates in her new part? I’m shit at this and can’t link an image https://youtu.be/_-iSI201yDY

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2023, 03:50:10 AM »
I visited the China Banks in a trip about 6 years ago. Went there alone, midday, and skated for 20-30 minutes (however long it took me to try to skate them, get discouraged, give up, and try again X3 until I finally got a carve over one of the short benches).

No one said anything, had the place to myself.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2023, 10:34:20 AM »
Its pretty outta the way but i had a blast at fort miley in august. 0 bust factor. Spot can be low key skating or for getting buck.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2023, 12:58:02 PM »
ill be out here this wknd for work, holler if you want to link up in the evening

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2023, 01:03:01 PM »
ill be out here this wknd for work, holler if you want to link up in the evening

You’re not allowed in the city :o
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 29
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2023, 05:44:47 PM »
The new (I guess not that new) pavement at Waller sure looks fun.