Author Topic: What are you doing Dyrdek?  (Read 12594 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2235
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What are you doing Dyrdek?
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2023, 12:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone who says they haven't watched 5 straight hours of Ridiculousness hungover as fuck on a Sunday is a goddamned liar.
[close]
Why not just watch anything else in the world, you’re too hungover to change the tv channel to king of the hill or something? for five hours you are so hungover that you don’t fall asleep or something you just watch ridiculousness for five hours? are you in bed watching terrestrial tv? on an actual tv? but you can’t change the channel? the remote would have to be right there, even if you were on a couch in the living room or something. you didn’t have an opportunity to change it? you just went all in on watching ridiculousnes for five hours? why didn’t you watch anything else? you willingly watched ridiculousness with rob dyrdek for five hours? you didn’t switch the channel for commercials? you sat through the commercials? if you didn’t then you had to switch channels to another show, but you would switch back when the commercials on ridiculousness were done? Or would you switch back when the commercial on your backup show was done? I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this whole scenario. you didn’t get up to go to the bathroom or get water or something? You didn’t have a single opportunity to change the channel? why would you that to yourself.

Nah I just shat myself on the couch and kept watching homie.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2023, 12:34:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone who says they haven't watched 5 straight hours of Ridiculousness hungover as fuck on a Sunday is a goddamned liar.
[close]
Why not just watch anything else in the world, you’re too hungover to change the tv channel to king of the hill or something? for five hours you are so hungover that you don’t fall asleep or something you just watch ridiculousness for five hours? are you in bed watching terrestrial tv? on an actual tv? but you can’t change the channel? the remote would have to be right there, even if you were on a couch in the living room or something. you didn’t have an opportunity to change it? you just went all in on watching ridiculousnes for five hours? why didn’t you watch anything else? you willingly watched ridiculousness with rob dyrdek for five hours? you didn’t switch the channel for commercials? you sat through the commercials? if you didn’t then you had to switch channels to another show, but you would switch back when the commercials on ridiculousness were done? Or would you switch back when the commercial on your backup show was done? I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this whole scenario. you didn’t get up to go to the bathroom or get water or something? You didn’t have a single opportunity to change the channel? why would you that to yourself.

this has to be a copypasta because there is no way this is your response to someone who watched 5 hours of ridiculousness hungover which is valid

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -438
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2023, 01:00:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Nah I just shat myself on the couch and kept watching homie.

Did you sit through the commercials? Or did you switch over to another channel then back to ridiculousness? I’m genuinely perplexed how this happened

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2023, 01:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That sounds like pure torture on every level.

I’ve never watched more than five minutes of that show. I also haven’t wasted my money on cable tv since 2016. And I don’t drink alcohol. Sounds like I’m really missing out on life.

Oooohwhee look at Mr. High And Mighty here you're obviously crushing life on a very high level thank you for shaming my life choices.

assyl fartrate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2023, 02:08:33 PM »
Welcome.

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2023, 02:13:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve never watched more than five minutes of that show. I also haven’t wasted my money on cable tv since 2016. And I don’t drink alcohol. Sounds like I’m really missing out on life.

Sometimes someone posts something on the internet and you can perfectly picture what they look and sound like just based off their posts. That’s how I feel about you

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2023, 02:22:30 PM »

My hospital has like a straight up 2001 basic cable package. Like it's not even HD, which I didn't even realize was possible these days. It gave me a very strange insight into what people watch while they're dying. In the ICU the old dudes who were lame watched the news 24/7, the dementia patients watched TCM westerns, and the old cats with tons of stories would lay there and watch ridiculousness all day.

Honestly I think I'd be totally cool with laughing at someone sacking a rail being the last thing I did so I kinda get it.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2023, 02:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

assyl fartrate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2023, 02:36:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sometimes someone posts something on the internet and you can perfectly picture what they look and sound like just based off their posts. That’s how I feel about you

Whatever you’re feeling, you’re probably right.

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2023, 04:33:51 PM »
Working on expenses for his next tax return.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2023, 07:54:51 PM »
I’ve probably watched five hours of YouTube while hungover but I’ve never had cable so no Dyrdek to narrate for me.

Also I dunno, Dyrdek has always kinda bored me.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2023, 05:18:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you’re doing great man. that’s how you made it to slap, absolutely dodging every red flag life has to offer.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2023, 05:36:28 AM »
if youve never watched 5 hours of ridiculousness and thought at every commercial break "ok im going to turn it off now" just to keep watching another ep... theres nothing wrong with me, theres something wrong with you. 

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2023, 06:43:42 AM »
I have never seen one second of Ridiculousness and I wasn’t aware of until someone was talking about it here.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2023, 06:54:24 AM »
i’ve only seen a few minutes total of mtv’s ridiculousness in my life and i guarantee i’m one of the most hungover people here. just switch it to tbs, they’re always playing some will ferrel or adam sandler movie.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2023, 07:02:32 AM »
there are some very evolved humans in this thread, and they keep bringing part of this little bit of dialogue to mind

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2023, 07:04:38 AM »
ridiculolousness is with this tall lady right? and dyrdek looking all tiny and dressed-up like a teenage boy next to her wildly gesticulating to underline the nonsense he's speaking?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2023, 08:45:59 AM »
It's a cringe show that should have died years ago, but Dyrdek managed to find a way to milk that show and MTV for truck loads of money. He's optimized the hell out of the show for maximum profit since the clips are free (I think) and he said on his Nine Club interview he shoots 5-7 episodes a day, equating to 2 seasons worth of episodes for 2 months of work.

"Hustle" has been misappropriated over the past decade, but I can't hate Dyrdek for finding a way to finesse a multi-billion dollar company for his shitty tv show.

He even did a cartoon series and toy line he sold to Nickelodeon, poorly rated but you can bet he made bank on that too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Grinders
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2023, 10:40:11 AM »

He even did a cartoon series and toy line he sold to Nickelodeon, poorly rated but you can bet he made bank on that too.

It is funny that most shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment that try to actually represent the skateboard lifestyle fail... possibly because it shows how lame we really are?

I mean the only good skateboard shows and movies were Rocket Power, Gleaming the Cube, and there was a movie from the Balkans that revolved around skateboarding that was kind of interesting. Everything else just exposes how lame we really are or in Dyrdek's case, how lame and self-absorbed the creator is.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2023, 10:46:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It is funny that most shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment that try to actually represent the skateboard lifestyle fail... possibly because it shows how lame we really are?

I mean the only good skateboard shows and movies were Rocket Power, Gleaming the Cube, and there was a movie from the Balkans that revolved around skateboarding that was kind of interesting. Everything else just exposes how lame we really are or in Dyrdek's case, how lame and self-absorbed the creator is.
Betty is kind of good

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2023, 12:57:19 PM »

Anyone who says they haven't watched 5 straight hours of The Skateboard Kid not hungover at all and in a perfectly tranquil and enlightened state of mind because it's a fantastic movie is a goddamn liar.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2023, 01:04:33 PM »
Grind is on Tubi so everyone needs to go watch that, hungover or not

ryanrockmoran

• Rep: 0
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2023, 11:12:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Betty is kind of good

I haven't watched the second season yet, but Betty is really good.  I imagine largely because they just cast random local skaters to play more or less themselves.

apport

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2023, 11:33:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone who says they haven't watched 5 straight hours of The Skateboard Kid not hungover at all and in a perfectly tranquil and enlightened state of mind because it's a fantastic movie is a goddamn liar.
The Skateboard Kid 2 is a great film as well, but nothing can beat dom delouise as the voice of the skateboard in the first one

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2023, 11:37:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The Skateboard Kid 2 is a great film as well, but nothing can beat dom delouise as the voice of the skateboard in the first one

The original Skateboard Kid is hilarious kitsch, but Skateboard Kid 2 is just unwatchable.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2023, 03:05:32 PM »
Anyone who says they haven't watched 5 straight hours of Ridiculousness hungover as fuck on a Sunday while staying in a hotel is a goddamned liar.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2023, 03:53:32 PM »
Grind is on Tubi so everyone needs to go watch that, hungover or not
lets not forget about Skateshop the movie and what a masterpiece that is.

Jebediah

• Rep: 113
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2023, 04:03:36 PM »
The last time I watched his TV show I was meeting this chick for the first time at her place. I watched it while she was making her bed with fresh sheets, only for the two of us to make them dirty immediately.

Later on, I saw her on some escort sites. I hooked up with an escort for free and Rob Dyrdek was there. That's all I have to say on the matter.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 07:00:41 PM by Jebediah »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2023, 04:10:02 PM »
On that 9 club interview, i was really impressed with how self aware and humble he was with his skate career. Said something about building his career off like 2 skate parts or a few tricks, something like that.
His self fulfilling prophecy shit was a little much.
He was sort of right place, right time. His local brand created an iconic video that became highly influenctial in which he has the longest part. He was absolutely good, but having the longest part in Memory Screen, Alien blowing up and then getting on DC early really pushed his skate career were massive. He leveraged it into a very successful post-skate career.

Do I find some of the stuff Dyrdek does cringe? Absolutely. Am I glad to see a skate rat who moved out to Cali as a kid become a multi-millionaire and not leaving the industry with busted knees right into a dead end job because they are 30 and just got their GED? Absolutely.

I will say, in the Kalis epicly later'd he was a great storyteller especially when it related to Lenny.

apport

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2023, 04:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

The original Skateboard Kid is hilarious kitsch, but Skateboard Kid 2 is just unwatchable.
i dunno i mean i haven’t seen it since i was a teen but i remember my friends and i watching it one night and getting a lot of laughs. also willy santos is in it.