Author Topic: VF Corp CEO is leaving  (Read 5346 times)

Bobbybanana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: VF Corp CEO is leaving
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2022, 04:35:41 PM »
Could be a good fit for Mikey Taylor
Hangin' with a cool bunch

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2022, 06:53:34 PM »
I recently left VF, and I’m not shocked to see this.

VF and Vans specifically are a fucking shit show right now. They’re displaying many warning signs of a company that is on the brink of massive collapse. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. They’re working with several consulting agencies at the moment because they’ve simply given up on trying to fix things themselves. They’re cheaping out on things as simple as getting lights replaced in stores. One of the stores said their lock was broken, and Vans solution was to “buy a chain and pad lock” rather than just pay the money to have somebody come properly fucking fix it. Once they started cheaping out on shit like that, I knew I had to get out. Unless they really pull their heads out of their asses, that company is on a log headed down shit creek right now. I feel horrible saying this, but the layoffs have only begun there.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2022, 07:22:48 PM »
Expand Quote
This guy makes more than 99% of pro skaters.
[close]

which skaters do you think make more than him

https://aflcio.org/paywatch/VFC

zero current skates are making more than this dude.... maaaaaybe dyrdek could be in the ballpark, but even that is probably a stretch

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2022, 05:39:47 AM »

VF and Vans specifically are a fucking shit show right now. They’re displaying many warning signs of a company that is on the brink of massive collapse. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. They’re working with several consulting agencies at the moment because they’ve simply given up on trying to fix things themselves. They’re cheaping out on things as simple as getting lights replaced in stores. One of the stores said their lock was broken, and Vans solution was to “buy a chain and pad lock” rather than just pay the money to have somebody come properly fucking fix it. Once they started cheaping out on shit like that, I knew I had to get out. Unless they really pull their heads out of their asses, that company is on a log headed down shit creek right now. I feel horrible saying this, but the layoffs have only begun there.

Vans, at least, is way more popular than ever. That said, they wouldn’t be the first or last company to make bad decisions based on unsustainable short term growth.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2022, 05:42:57 AM »
Maybe paying $2,000,000,000 for Supreme wasn't the greatest idea ever...

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2022, 06:01:48 AM »
Could see him on Krooked

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2022, 09:05:53 AM »

this is real bummer.  never underestimate the ability of a bloated middle management to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

really sad to think of what might happen to legacy brands under the VF umbrella like Vans, Dickies, Timberland, Northface, etc.  should be criminal for so many out of touch idiots to potentially ruin American institutions like that. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1132
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2022, 09:27:41 AM »
Maybe paying $2,000,000,000 for Supreme wasn't the greatest idea ever...
bro said “watch this” and put in his two weeks 💀💀💀

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2022, 09:45:10 AM »

Does this mean Jeff Carlyle doesn't get a shoe??

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2022, 04:18:31 AM »
I didn't know Birdman is also of Vans, following the Boss. VF is fucking up.

unregisteredhypercam2

• Rep: 6
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2022, 04:39:34 AM »
Don’t care. Buying 10 packs of supreme socks tomorrow.  8)