Author Topic: Nick Matthews February 2023 Thrasher Cover  (Read 5113 times)

fried

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 52
Re: Nick Matthews February 2023 Thrasher Cover
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2022, 06:03:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Antihero trips with him, pfanner, Daan and crew are about to be in the stratosphere.
[close]
i'll take any other DLX brand but anti hero just does not seem like a good match
[close]
i think Anti-Hero freshening up their squad with some new street riders would actually be really sick
[close]
ok if they added more street dudes then i would be onboard but with the current state of the team i just dont see a fit

From what I’ve seen on social media , it looks like Nick Matthews, that dude Gus from the bronze videos, and a this kid @finn1r are the new guys on 18

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2022, 06:04:19 PM »
he got the sickest back smith around
nik stain would like to have a word, respectfully
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2022, 06:53:16 PM »
how long has the angle iron been on there (not that it really matters)? trying to remember other stuff that's been done on this spot, i remember Zered doing something on it back in the day?

Nick Matthews SOTY 2023 flow to pro let's go

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2022, 06:58:08 PM »
The lean.... unreal.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2022, 07:04:13 PM »
how long has the angle iron been on there (not that it really matters)? trying to remember other stuff that's been done on this spot, i remember Zered doing something on it back in the day?

From my memory a long time. Bachinsky back 5-0’d it in thanks camera 2 (I believe? Pls correct me if wrong) and it was angle then. There was a lot of manny tricks done into the bank but the angle has been there for years.

ViewFinder

• Rep: 22
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2022, 07:14:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From my memory a long time. Bachinsky back 5-0’d it in thanks camera 2 (I believe? Pls correct me if wrong) and it was angle then. There was a lot of manny tricks done into the bank but the angle has been there for years.

Kevin Coakley fs tailside and nosegrind in Blueprint vid

Return2monke

• Rep: -20
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2022, 07:50:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No. The angle iron hasn’t been on for over a decade. It was put back on right before the am scramble trip

Statebird

• Rep: 47
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2022, 07:53:41 PM »
quasi punching the air rn

coakley nosegrind in blueprint is crazier but any nick matthews is good nick matthews

LebowskisRug

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2022, 08:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Antihero trips with him, pfanner, Daan and crew are about to be in the stratosphere.
[close]
i'll take any other DLX brand but anti hero just does not seem like a good match
[close]
i think Anti-Hero freshening up their squad with some new street riders would actually be really sick
[close]
ok if they added more street dudes then i would be onboard but with the current state of the team i just dont see a fit
[close]

From what I’ve seen on social media , it looks like Nick Matthews, that dude Gus from the bronze videos, and a this kid @finn1r are the new guys on 18

The same social media that told us Louie wok SOTY, the 2020 election was stolen, and Covid vaccines were made by Bill Gates to put 5G in us?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2022, 08:45:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No. The angle iron hasn’t been on for over a decade. It was put back on right before the am scramble trip

Ah good looks then! I just assumed it was never removed, my bad!

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2022, 09:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Its straight videogame shit. Its like in Session and SkaterXL where you can smith grind higher ledges than you can 50-50. He is smith grinding shit that would be impossible to 50-50.
[close]

Unpopular opinion or maybe it’s not but smith grinding a taller ledge is way easier than a lower one.

If smith on 1 ft ledge easier than curb, then truly a 4ft+ smith also easier.

What a fuckin hotdog

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2022, 01:54:05 AM »
Check the arm stee

Most slept on skater

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2022, 02:10:04 AM »
Check the arm stee

Most slept on skater

Maybe at one point, but that SF bs smith def woke everyone up

bohemian

• Rep: -312
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2022, 02:32:36 AM »
pretty sure ive seen tricks on this ledge many years ago

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2022, 04:20:50 AM »
I would have rather seen his Island back smith from the Huf video on this cover. This spot is a tad bit too fake for a cover, I feel, and the SF one was more monumental. Iconic. Shit is chest high.
What all has happened at this spot? Somebody kickflipped into the bank, right? Anthony Shelter? Zered bs nosegrinded the angle iron, I think. Maybe also switch 50 and switch ollie into the bank. Has anyone done a ledge trick with no angle iron?

arewedeadyet

• Rep: 42
    • Video*Days avatar image
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2022, 08:48:30 AM »
I would have rather seen his Island back smith from the Huf video on this cover. This spot is a tad bit too fake for a cover, I feel, and the SF one was more monumental. Iconic. Shit is chest high.
What all has happened at this spot? Somebody kickflipped into the bank, right? Anthony Shelter? Zered bs nosegrinded the angle iron, I think. Maybe also switch 50 and switch ollie into the bank. Has anyone done a ledge trick with no angle iron?

Went there with Raemers [ RIP :'( ]. He attempted a few bs blunts but didnt make it.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2022, 08:56:01 AM »
How is it “fake”
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2022, 09:00:22 AM »
Pretty sure it was Dave Bachinsky with KF into the lower bank.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2022, 09:04:28 AM »

this is what i wanna know. what video was zered's back nosegrind in, anyone know? i went and looked up the other three tricks mentioned here (Bachinsky back 5-0 and Kevin Coakley fs tail and fs nosegrind) and they were all done with angle iron. i think it's legit either way tbh but especially if no one has ever really done anything on it with no angle iron

liquid

• Rep: -11
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2022, 09:06:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Went there with Raemers [ RIP :'( ]. He attempted a few bs blunts but didnt make it.
Expand Quote
[close]

Went there with Raemers [ RIP :'( ]. He attempted a few fs noseblunts but didnt make it.

do you by any chance remember a foto of ben that was supposed to be a cover- but he also didn t make it ... i remember seeing attemts posted after his passing... it s in barcelona up the hills near parallel and you go over a rail into a steep barcelona style bank with the signature cobblestones... poles at the bottom and wierd angles... blew me away when i came across the spot by accident but i could never find these attemts again

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2022, 09:51:23 AM »
what a great time to give this kid a board

arewedeadyet

• Rep: 42
    • Video*Days avatar image
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2022, 09:54:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Went there with Raemers [ RIP :'( ]. He attempted a few fs noseblunts but didnt make it.
[close]

do you by any chance remember a foto of ben that was supposed to be a cover- but he also didn t make it ... i remember seeing attemts posted after his passing... it s in barcelona up the hills near parallel and you go over a rail into a steep barcelona style bank with the signature cobblestones... poles at the bottom and wierd angles... blew me away when i came across the spot by accident but i could never find these attemts again

I went there with him to try it in a second session. He was too bugged out by a car that had parked near it. (As if all those poles weren't sketchy enough!) I'll see if I have any attempts on an old drive, but I dont think he was too close. The closer ones I remember seeing were from that first session.

fried

• Rep: 52
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2022, 09:57:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

The same social media that told us Louie wok SOTY, the 2020 election was stolen, and Covid vaccines were made by Bill Gates to put 5G in us?

My algorithm must be different from yours

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2022, 10:09:29 AM »
Feeling like he really belongs on Limosine. Hoping that happens, it’s criminal he’s not pro yet

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2022, 12:05:13 PM »
I wish his hand was on his hip
When I dip you dip he dips

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2022, 08:20:29 PM »

Rob Pace also does kickflip 5050 on it in the new Thrasher

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2022, 09:24:57 PM »

They use a trick from the trip and I don’t know if the other back smith would have suited vertical framing.   To me it was a classic Transworld Pro Interview pull out poster

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2022, 11:03:10 PM »
dude can bs smith anything and with the best dip

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2022, 12:46:34 AM »
Crazy he still doesn't have a board out...

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2022, 01:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
nik stain would like to have a word, respectfully

Nik stains spread eagle squat landings off of curbs that he’s mannying have got to stop.  He’s a decent skateboarder, but fan boys need to get off his nuts.  No chance in hell he could get close to backsmithing that thing.