Author Topic: Girl x Malbon Golf: taking dumb jock shit to new levels  (Read 6391 times)

backside_reacharound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -204
Re: Girl x Malbon Golf: taking dumb jock shit to new levels
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2022, 01:01:24 AM »
Those stupid fucking golf tee toothpicks are just the icing on the douchebag cake that is golf

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2022, 02:04:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do a brief google on the environmental impact of golf courses and you’ll see how rad they are.
[close]

Environmental impact? Seriously man, they are the least of our worries in the grand scheme of fuckery on this planet if you want to get technical. But go on, please post some links to open up everyones eyes to the horror that is GOLF COURSES.
[close]

hes right though.

yeah, golf courses have an insane footprint for how many people actually use them. the water use is fuuuuucked.

veritas

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2022, 02:43:51 AM »
This must be the first terrible collabo Craig ever put out, I never saw this coming from a mile away

They need to bring back Hello Kitty, Lena Dunham or Kodak film if they wanna recapture their core audience

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2022, 05:22:21 AM »

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2022, 06:13:23 AM »

"golf is cool"

You know Mikey Taylor loves golf more than he likes a carrot with peanut butter shoved thru his stall door at night

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2022, 06:17:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do a brief google on the environmental impact of golf courses and you’ll see how rad they are.
[close]

Environmental impact? Seriously man, they are the least of our worries in the grand scheme of fuckery on this planet if you want to get technical. But go on, please post some links to open up everyones eyes to the horror that is GOLF COURSES.
[close]

I guess just to scratch the surface (unless you don’t think drought issues are an important enough issues):

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/08/golf/climate-change-sustainability-spt-intl-cmd/index.html

“The 30 or so golf courses in the Salt Lake County of Utah drink up around nine million gallons of water a day to stay pristine green – that’s more than 13 Olympic-sized swimming pools.“

Couple that with the fact with

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/climate/salt-lake-city-climate-disaster.amp.html

And you see a poisonous cloud of arsenic becoming SLCs future because of improper/wasteful water management

You can also look into how it’s a horrid use of public lands, polluted ground water, can contribute to deforestation, destroys wetlands to create a nature-themed area rather than be actual nature…

Actually, maybe you could tell me a benefit?

Thank you for putting in the time and effort AA. Bare with me as I try to poorly structure this response, and probably fail.

That CNN article is an absolute worst case scenario, obviously written to get your attention. If you read towards the end, they also talk about the solutions in the works to make it more sustainable. I will say this, as I live in the upper Midwest, there should not be golf courses in the middle of deserts. That is a waste of resources, and being in my locality, where I drink well water, I didn't take this into account. These local, elected officials in these areas are as equally to blame for approving these golf courses. Yes, climates have shifted dramatically in the past 20+ years, and actions should be taken to adjust. Close golf courses if need be, but not sure that will necessarily reverse any effects.

SLC's water issues are MUCH more deeply rooted than just golf courses. The salt lake is drying up at a frightening level, and this city is overpopulated, and continuing to grow. Arsenic is found in almost all ground water (my well water included).

I, for one, am a golfer, and really love the aesthetics of a golf course. The majority of golf courses were built into nature, to promote the natural landscape, which is one of their many unique qualities. Not saying every golf course by any means (desert).

The benefit, this one got me. Environmentally speaking, I don't have a positive answer, mainly because I'm not educated in this field to try to fake it. Golf is a great sport, and similar to skateboarding, encourage kids to get out, on their own, and practice. Not with a team. Learn at your own pace, and be able to enjoy this game well into your 80's, which is amazing. I personally walk whenever I can (some courses make you take a cart for pace of play), and it's great exercise.

I grew up on a POS 9 hole course. My dad had a set of goodwill clubs that I used (way too big for me). I would call this local golf course, and ask them If i could pick up cigarette butts and broken tee's to play a round for free. They allowed this and it turned into a summer hobby. There are great programs set up to introduce the game to youths who may not be able to access it or afford it. I will say, since the covid pandemic, the sport has grown dramatically, and greens fees have grown to borderline unaffordable levels.

Not trying to blast down too many rabbit holes here, but the natural and un-natural resources used to create skateboards, urethane wheels could be debated. Golf clubs last 20+ years if well taken care of.

I don't own a single piece of Malbon apparel, nor do I plan on it. Golf fashion is a bit too much, very similar to skateboarding. I love both of these equally, and will continue to set goals and pursue the passion that is perfection in both.

Peace, pars, and pivot fakies

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2022, 06:31:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess just to scratch the surface (unless you don’t think drought issues are an important enough issues):

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/08/golf/climate-change-sustainability-spt-intl-cmd/index.html

“The 30 or so golf courses in the Salt Lake County of Utah drink up around nine million gallons of water a day to stay pristine green – that’s more than 13 Olympic-sized swimming pools.“

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/climate/salt-lake-city-climate-disaster.amp.html

And you see a poisonous cloud of arsenic becoming SLCs future because of improper/wasteful water management

You can also look into how it’s a horrid use of public lands, polluted ground water, can contribute to deforestation, destroys wetlands to create a nature-themed area rather than be actual nature…

[close]

Thank you for putting in the time and effort AA. Bare with me as I try to poorly structure this response, and probably fail.

That CNN article is an absolute worst case scenario, obviously written to get your attention. If you read towards the end, they also talk about the solutions in the works to make it more sustainable. I will say this, as I live in the upper Midwest, there should not be golf courses in the middle of deserts. That is a waste of resources, and being in my locality, where I drink well water, I didn't take this into account. These local, elected officials in these areas are as equally to blame for approving these golf courses. Yes, climates have shifted dramatically in the past 20+ years, and actions should be taken to adjust. Close golf courses if need be, but not sure that will necessarily reverse any effects.

SLC's water issues are MUCH more deeply rooted than just golf courses. The salt lake is drying up at a frightening level, and this city is overpopulated, and continuing to grow. Arsenic is found in almost all ground water (my well water included).

I, for one, am a golfer, and really love the aesthetics of a golf course. The majority of golf courses were built into nature, to promote the natural landscape, which is one of their many unique qualities. Not saying every golf course by any means (desert).

The benefit, this one got me. Environmentally speaking, I don't have a positive answer, mainly because I'm not educated in this field to try to fake it. Golf is a great sport, and similar to skateboarding, encourage kids to get out, on their own, and practice. Not with a team. Learn at your own pace, and be able to enjoy this game well into your 80's, which is amazing. I personally walk whenever I can (some courses make you take a cart for pace of play), and it's great exercise.

I grew up on a POS 9 hole course. My dad had a set of goodwill clubs that I used (way too big for me). I would call this local golf course, and ask them If i could pick up cigarette butts and broken tee's to play a round for free. They allowed this and it turned into a summer hobby. There are great programs set up to introduce the game to youths who may not be able to access it or afford it. I will say, since the covid pandemic, the sport has grown dramatically, and greens fees have grown to borderline unaffordable levels.

Not trying to blast down too many rabbit holes here, but the natural and un-natural resources used to create skateboards, urethane wheels could be debated. Golf clubs last 20+ years if well taken care of.

I don't own a single piece of Malbon apparel, nor do I plan on it. Golf fashion is a bit too much, very similar to skateboarding. I love both of these equally, and will continue to set goals and pursue the passion that is perfection in both.

Peace, pars, and pivot fakies
Well, you shut that nasty Aruba down!
Your counterpoints that you grew up playing golf, that it’s fun & you enjoy it are sure to put an end to the environmental concerns he raised.
I do have this one question though… You noted that many places have established programs to introduce golf to kids (“First time is free, little dude.”) so I wanted to ask: was picking up grit butts on the greens in exchange for use of the course one of those outreach programs?   

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2022, 06:57:51 AM »
I do like golfing but won't try to defend its environmental impact or its clothing. I think, like skateboarding, the environmental stuff is pretty indefensible, but individuals have little power over how courses are built or skateboards are made.

I will say that I'm in favor of banning private courses, or any for-profit course for that matter.

The ones that I go to in DC are actually non-profit public greens. They are cheap and 100% of the fees go into course maintenance.

I think every skater should at least give it a try, go to the driving range, rent a couple of clubs and dick around. It's fun and surprisingly cheap.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2022, 06:58:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Never got into golf, but there’s been a connection for a while now.

Kader seemed to be pretty hyped on golf in his bunt interview.

If there’s ever an alt/ far right collab with a skate company, that’s when I’m gonna be ready to talk some shit. Like Turning Point x Disorder collab
[close]

You mean like an Alien Workshop x Infowars Collab?

I don't care, I want that deck.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2022, 07:05:56 AM »
Fuck golf courses. Go find your own holes to play on the streets

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2022, 07:08:15 AM »
https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/07/17/golf-is-a-giant-board-game-damaging-the-planet-time-for-it-to-go

"There are almost 40,000 golf courses in the world. They sit there, using 26 times the amount of space per player as a football field - while providing far less value to the global community."

"There is a common misconception that to play golf is to be in nature. That is false. Golf courses are not natural - they are nature-themed amusement parks. There is an art to their craft, an art that requires the deforestation and restructuring of the land."

"Over 9 billion litres of water are wasted in the US each year to maintain the appearance of golf courses. In Thailand a single golf course uses as much water as 60,000 rural villagers, just so rich tourists can play the same game they play at home but with a Mai Tai."

"Golf celebrates the wastage of resources and degradation of nature for the benefit of the select few who can afford it."

thebacker

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2022, 07:19:53 AM »
ya golfing is wack but bombing the hill at trump national golf course is hella fun

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2022, 07:23:57 AM »
ya golfing is wack but bombing the hill at trump national golf course is hella fun

Well that’s  another golf subject - the Saudis using that tournament as a not so secret way to pay Trump back for his help during his presidency…

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2022, 07:29:51 AM »
girl triggering all the anti golfcels this beautiful morning. why dont you all just cry about it

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2022, 07:35:27 AM »

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2022, 07:37:05 AM »
girl triggering all the anti golfcels this beautiful morning. why dont you all just cry about it

if a 'golfcel' is someone who likes golf and never has sex then, yeah, i deffo wanna be anti that.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2022, 07:50:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Never got into golf, but there’s been a connection for a while now.

Kader seemed to be pretty hyped on golf in his bunt interview.

If there’s ever an alt/ far right collab with a skate company, that’s when I’m gonna be ready to talk some shit. Like Turning Point x Disorder collab
[close]

You mean like an Alien Workshop x Infowars Collab?

Back then Alex Jones was known for sneaking into bohemian grove and getting footage of politicians burning a giant owl sculpture. Alex was even at occupy wallstreet he didn’t really shift into alt right until trump

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 17
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2022, 07:52:24 AM »
Maybe they can finally bravely pair the two sports together. How much farther would you be able to drive a ball if you were able to get three full bodied pushes on a skateboard before taking the swing?

Also, seems like this would've been a great time to get Biebel back in the fold. I'd imagine he's been spending some time on some golf courses down in Florida.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2022, 07:53:00 AM »

We were triggered last night thank you very much.   

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2022, 07:54:48 AM »

"anti golfcel"
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -204
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2022, 08:30:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This is one of the most moronic things I've read in a long time, akin to preferring the aesthetics of a shopping mall over an actual natural landscape.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:27:38 AM by backside_reacharound »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2022, 08:32:41 AM »
those golf courses are wasting land that should instead be covered in concrete for people with eco friendly hobbies like skateboarding

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2022, 08:45:22 AM »
Golf fashion/culture aside, there's a particular aspect about it that some skaters are naturally drawn to in later years.  First, it's not that physically taxing.  Secondly, it has similarities to skating in that it's NOT a team sport.  It's you and an object, trying to do something 100s or thousands of times, and the gratification that comes from doing it correctly just once.  Remember learning a new trick?  It's similar.  Try getting par on a golf hole.  It takes thousands of times.  Shit, even trying a trick on a box is the same obstacle every time, whereas if you try a golf hole 100 times, no 2 times will be the same as the distance, lie, etc. will always be different.  Kinda the same thing with fishing.  Cast 100s of times with 100s of lures to try and land a fish in different lakes/rivers.  But when you DO (land the trick you've been trying, get par, catch a fish etc.) it's THAT feeling that makes you want to keep doing it and in different scenarios and getting better at it.  Like I said, fashion and culture aside, the mindset has its similarities to skating. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2022, 08:51:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if a 'golfcel' is someone who likes golf and never has sex then, yeah, i deffo wanna be anti that.
it's scientifically proven golfers have more sex than skateboarders, just saying

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2022, 09:00:54 AM »
Fuck golf courses. Go find your own holes to play on the streets

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2022, 09:08:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
it's scientifically proven golfers have more sex than skateboarders, just saying

Ok but if you remove Tiger Woods from those stats, does it still stand?

thebacker

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2022, 09:16:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Ok but if you remove Tiger Woods from those stats, does it still stand?

more importantly....how does this effect lebron's legacy.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2022, 09:24:21 AM »
I’m an antigolfascist.

Golfascism seems like the correct term for an activity that has hard rules for how you dress, behave and who is allowed on their property according to their wealth.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2022, 09:41:50 AM »
Between the gun nuts and golf kooks this place is depressing right now.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2022, 09:56:52 AM »
An Innova colab would’ve been a whole lot cooler.
That said, I need that long sleeve stripped polo in my life.  Blame Pizzanista but that style is forever great in my mind.