Author Topic: Why is Dan Corrigan such an annoying dumbass?  (Read 40519 times)

AlumarX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Re: Why is Dan Corrigan such an annoying dumbass?
« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2024, 03:47:27 PM »
Dan is alright, but I can't watch even a second of Dale and his collection of wife beaters.

Bupstop

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2024, 04:11:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just brush twice a day and limit your soda intake, a concept most 12 year olds have mastered
[close]

You don’t have a hardcore song that teaches us this?
[close]

Damn I would gnar this if I could. I saw crucial youth years ago and they played this song while brushing the crowd with a giant toothbrush.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #362 on: January 11, 2024, 12:12:48 AM »
Just loggin' in to say Can Dorrigan

Pat Eisenhauer

• Rep: 22
    • Going Home Again avatar image
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2024, 11:17:14 AM »
I’m as much of a snob as the next guy but I’ll admit I like watching his videos. We all know the critiques but something interesting is happening with Dan’s vlogging if you get over the knee jerk reaction of “not core, pass”.

There was the Braille/Revive shadow industry that developed by side stepped the traditional industry by leveraging YouTube and selling directly to children.  A number of other individual vloggers that were directly or tangentially related to Braille/Revive, got popular during this phase as well.  This stuff was rightfully scorned as corny, annoying, or just not “cool”.  This has now been (or is in the process of being) replaced by Dan, the Powell team, and the rest of that expanded universe.  While someone like John Hill may still have more subscribers than Dan, Dan with his “post everyday approach” is getting many more views overall.

Powell has positioned themselves to somewhat straddle the traditional industry and the new YouTube based economy and this is due in large part to Dan’s popularity.  Powell had been a bunch of groms that left as soon as they had a better offer or a death sentence for adults hoping for wider industry acceptance. Now it is starting to look like a viable option for these team members, even if they are a bunch of misfit toys on a variety of C-list sponsors that don’t fit anywhere else.

While all of this may be interesting, in an academic sense, what I find the most compelling about Dan’s videos is the fact that much of it, especially in the last year or so, focuses not so much on him but on the team.

This is unique and unprecedented. We have never seen this amount of video documentation of sponsored skateboarders. Between Dan’s channel and all the others that also vlog you can pretty much follow their daily skating.

Dan, if you are reading this make sure you are saving and logging all this footage.  In 20 years, you will likely be able to follow in Stacy’s footsteps and make some documentaries about this era of skateboarding.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #364 on: January 11, 2024, 11:37:25 AM »
I’m as much of a snob as the next guy but I’ll admit I like watching his videos. We all know the critiques but something interesting is happening with Dan’s vlogging if you get over the knee jerk reaction of “not core, pass”.

There was the Braille/Revive shadow industry that developed by side stepped the traditional industry by leveraging YouTube and selling directly to children.  A number of other individual vloggers that were directly or tangentially related to Braille/Revive, got popular during this phase as well.  This stuff was rightfully scorned as corny, annoying, or just not “cool”.  This has now been (or is in the process of being) replaced by Dan, the Powell team, and the rest of that expanded universe.  While someone like John Hill may still have more subscribers than Dan, Dan with his “post everyday approach” is getting many more views overall.

Powell has positioned themselves to somewhat straddle the traditional industry and the new YouTube based economy and this is due in large part to Dan’s popularity.  Powell had been a bunch of groms that left as soon as they had a better offer or a death sentence for adults hoping for wider industry acceptance. Now it is starting to look like a viable option for these team members, even if they are a bunch of misfit toys on a variety of C-list sponsors that don’t fit anywhere else.

While all of this may be interesting, in an academic sense, what I find the most compelling about Dan’s videos is the fact that much of it, especially in the last year or so, focuses not so much on him but on the team.

This is unique and unprecedented. We have never seen this amount of video documentation of sponsored skateboarders. Between Dan’s channel and all the others that also vlog you can pretty much follow their daily skating.

Dan, if you are reading this make sure you are saving and logging all this footage.  In 20 years, you will likely be able to follow in Stacy’s footsteps and make some documentaries about this era of skateboarding.
Oh, HE’s definitely reading this.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #365 on: January 11, 2024, 05:44:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Oh, HE’s definitely reading this.
I sure am. We sure are.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Dad Board

« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2024, 10:03:43 AM »

(Tin foil hats on)

The creepy part is they’re all connected, John hill is an offshoot of revive which is a sister company of Braille (or at least they’re affiliated) John hill put on Dale Decker who is friends with Dan Corrigan who eventually teamed up with Powell and is using YT as a marketing platform. I’m not sure how, and I hope I don’t get gangstalked for saying this but the entire operation these channels have going feels like a giant Sci-op from a certain nefarious “religious” cult. 

Coolguy69

• Rep: 32
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2024, 10:31:39 AM »

Nice try, but we all know this was written by Dan's intellectual brother, Don.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2024, 10:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

(Tin foil hats on)

The creepy part is they’re all connected, John hill is an offshoot of revive which is a sister company of Braille (or at least they’re affiliated) John hill put on Dale Decker who is friends with Dan Corrigan who eventually teamed up with Powell and is using YT as a marketing platform. I’m not sure how, and I hope I don’t get gangstalked for saying this but the entire operation these channels have going feels like a giant Sci-op from a certain nefarious “religious” cult.

I think it's less nefarious and more 'we Youtube guys gotta look out for each other' because they know no one in the industry is going accept them

firexneck

• Rep: 0
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2024, 01:00:02 PM »

I don't know about all that man. Can't imagine wanting to look at middle of the road pro skaters footage in 2044.

dumb skate trick

« Reply #370 on: April 05, 2024, 11:12:31 PM »
If you grew up skating with him you would absolutely despise him. He’s been run out of every scene on the east coast he tried to get with. This dude will be super nice to your face and try to bang your girlfriend behind your back. Also when I was like 14 he was telling me how much he loves to eat ass. Kind of a strange thing to describe to a child, right?

Dad Board

• Rep: 71
« Reply #371 on: April 05, 2024, 11:49:09 PM »
If you grew up skating with him you would absolutely despise him. He’s been run out of every scene on the east coast he tried to get with. This dude will be super nice to your face and try to bang your girlfriend behind your back. Also when I was like 14 he was telling me how much he loves to eat ass. Kind of a strange thing to describe to a child, right?

I 100% believe this, but on the other hand, if your girl cheats on you with Dan Corrigan you need to do some real self evaluation.

dumb skate trick

« Reply #372 on: April 06, 2024, 12:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I 100% believe this, but on the other hand, if your girl cheats on you with Dan Corrigan you need to do some real self evaluation.
I said “try to”

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 107
« Reply #373 on: April 06, 2024, 07:02:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I said “try to”

getting awfully defensive over it.. hey everyone, Dan Corrigan banged this dudes girlfriend lmao!

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #374 on: April 06, 2024, 07:13:32 AM »
I did not bang anyone’s girlfriend.

She tried to bang me! and I said “FUCK no! I love my homies and would never rip their heart out. Go do your tramping somewhere else, you hussy succubus! I keep it real”

Stop spreading lies about me.

I am dan corrigan.

Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 90
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2024, 07:27:58 AM »

Dude definitely gives me major Not On Normal Courtyard Exercise vibes.

ish_wav

• Rep: 96
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2024, 09:11:38 AM »

Imagine being jealous of Dan AND having him sleep with your girl. That’s crazy man, life really dealt you a rough hand. /:

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2024, 09:23:16 AM »
Dan is alright, but I can't watch even a second of Dale and his collection of wife beaters.

You're breaking my heart. Dale's beautiful. Not even in a weird way like me. He's like classic old school hot.

Back tails on the quarter pipe are fuckin sick too. I used t pretend I was Greg Carroll's little brother till I saw Dale rip a screaming ass back tail way in the back of some rando video.

I was like damn! I didn't know Dale wasn't just a black metal supermodel. That fool has the premier steezy coping attack I swear.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Black Cat Fireworks

• Rep: -14
« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2024, 12:35:21 PM »
This is probably most hilarious thread I've ever read on here since I've been a (new) member. But with that being said, I like Dan. I can see why people find him annoying though too. Seems like he'd be pretty fun to skate with.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2024, 02:26:51 PM »
Yeah I’m sorry but if your girlfriend cheats on you with Dan C then she was never your girlfriend to begin with

the_dangery_bois

• Rep: 61
« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2024, 02:59:49 PM »
Bro, Dan Corrigan banged your girlfriend?!
Fuck.
That’s rough.

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -32
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2024, 05:47:53 PM »

Hell yea his fits r weird also and fuck the cubs lol he makes music for older girls who drive civics

Dad Board

« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2024, 06:21:00 PM »

Hell yea his fits r weird also and fuck the cubs lol he makes music for older girls who drive civics

Billy Corgan animporphed into darth vader without a helmet

dumb skate trick

« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2024, 07:49:07 PM »
Dude banged my girlfriend. Where’s “fuck that guy”

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2024, 08:36:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Billy Corgan animporphed into darth vader without a helmet

You should check out his new single, 1979 BBY

corey websturd

« Reply #385 on: April 08, 2024, 07:48:09 AM »
I wouldn't say "annoying" but I think he should have kept is old nasty teeth just like Andy Roy.

Shtonk

• Rep: -335
« Reply #386 on: April 08, 2024, 07:57:12 AM »
This is probably most hilarious thread I've ever read on here since I've been a (new) member. But with that being said, I like Dan. I can see why people find him annoying though too. Seems like he'd be pretty fun to skate with.
What did that guy get banned for?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2024, 08:13:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Being a transphobic cunt if I recall correctly.

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2024, 08:14:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

transphobia on the cher thread

Dad Board

« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2024, 10:22:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

transphobia on the cher thread

One of his first posts was “bring back the Indy cross” on a completely unrelated thread about what shoe companies should do. Average Dan Corrigan enjoyer level intelligence