Author Topic: Your budget for shoes  (Read 2379 times)

veritas

Re: Your budget for shoes
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2022, 04:27:05 AM »
Pretty much 0 as I probably have enough shoes to last me for the rest of my life and I’m trying to stop buying stuff I don’t need. If something comes across that I absolutely and definitely want I can pay up to 120€, for skate shoes that is. I’ve bought most of my shoes on sale so normal for me has been 30 to 70€ for a pair.

This. Especially if you hoard shit during the Black Friday season, you can pick up multiple pairs of the same shoe on clearance for like 40 bucks a pair and be good for the year if you don’t mind dressing like a cartoon character.

Rubbrick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2022, 04:32:05 AM »
Thanks to the sale thread, I haven’t spent over $50 in shoes for awhile. I usually try and spend around $30 a pair, if they are something that I really like, then I’ll spend a bit more.

Casual, non-skate shoes is a different story. I’ll pay full retail because I’m not skating in them and can make them last at least a few years.

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 28
  • old leg
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2022, 04:43:04 AM »
Expand Quote
RM100 which is roughly USD25
[close]

What shoes are you getting for RM100?

$40 or less, eS sales with the 20% discount code has ruined my perception of skate shoe prices. Same with recent fire sales on deck, $30 is the upper limit.

very little selections at RM100 last time i saw (copped a diamond for RM120 last time but that shoe blew so quickly), sigh have to up my shoe budget around retail prices then...might eyeing for that half cab at RM350 (~$80) retail

doublesteveburger

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2022, 06:32:23 AM »
$45.00 is my max spending on shoes so it's usually sale rack/depop city for me... my budget sucks fucking ass but it's low key a blessing cause I blow through a pair pretty quickly.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2022, 07:22:36 AM »
$50 unless i REALLY want it.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2022, 09:38:06 AM »
Expand Quote
'Sale'

Unless the colorway is fire.
[close]

Definitely driven down the sale-only route for a long time, but if the skater/model speaks to me I sometimes buy new/full price.

If I had to put a number to it - $65-70 at most.
I agree with this. Ebay is what keeps me stocked on shoes I love at a very small price.  But yeah usually spend around $50-60 on shoes sometimes even less if I get lucky.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2022, 11:59:25 AM »
Less than $100 CAD. I buy shoes odd adidas website a bunch and balance out my shitty karma with buying local shop soft goods…..

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2022, 12:56:41 PM »
Anything over $100 CAD seems insane.. but it's so hard to find shoes for under $100 up here

I got really lucky last year early on and snagged a ton of NB# 440 deals off the internet for less than 60% of retail from a few places. Deals kept popping up and then I had shoes stacked up for a year

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2022, 01:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
There is no budget for happiness
[close]

why does something that we just put on our feet bring so many such happiness. I'm not immune to this. When I like a pair of shoes, if they feel comfy and look good I can end up loving them and that could make me want to buy multiple pairs of the same shoe, or different color variations.

greenbeans

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2022, 02:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
'Sale'

Unless the colorway is fire.
[close]

Definitely driven down the sale-only route for a long time, but if the skater/model speaks to me I sometimes buy new/full price.

If I had to put a number to it - $65-70 at most.
[close]
I agree with this. Ebay is what keeps me stocked on shoes I love at a very small price.  But yeah usually spend around $50-60 on shoes sometimes even less if I get lucky.

ebay and depops are pretty good imo
i don't like to purchase if they are using stock photos

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2022, 07:01:50 PM »
i can get superstars/pro models for under $50 slightly used
so that’s what i run without wincing at the costs
the shell toes are virtually indestructible
pick your insole of choice and enjoy

the only skate shoe id pay full retail would be the 1010s
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2022, 07:10:46 PM »
I haffi nah limit fi shoe chedda, mi sponsor bless I wi shoes fi free

Last Resort AB

Pontus bless

Nah ask Chrise
I an I haff nah white god

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2022, 08:01:02 PM »
$60 USD or less shipped for a good shoe feels like the sweet spot

If it’s Emerica I wanna pay less than that because they don’t hold up as well as Adidas or New Balance.  But I do like their shoes while they last - they fit a wide foot pretty well too.

dipped

• Rep: 2
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2022, 12:19:41 AM »
About 50-60€ thats how much I usually pay for my last resorts. Sometimes 70€ if i’m really digging the colourway.

laubfresser

• Rep: 0
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2022, 06:53:59 AM »
I always buy shoes off the éS sale site, only the vegan and they are mostly around 40-50€ with coupons and i always get like 3-4 pairs so i never run out
rabbits can't vomit

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2022, 07:48:47 AM »
No firm budget but I never pay full price and watch for sale or lightly used deals. I have been skating Tiagos and they're like $100-$110 and I think the highest I've recently paid is $78. I've bought 5 pairs total for the price of 3 retail which I tell myself is 2 free pairs.

For me it also depends on what the shoe is. Vans wants $100+ for some basic ass poorly made shoes which I wouldn't pay more than $60 for, but if I'm getting a long lasting shoe I don't care.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2022, 10:58:08 AM »
Isn't AVE technically their only $100 + shoe in the line up? All the other models are below that, even after recent inflation & Skate line price bumps I've seen.  ???

If Vans is charging $100 for Kyle Walkers, Crockett, or Sk8-Hi, they are out of their fucking mind. All three of those shoes are not worth anything beyond $80 or $85 new. Further, they're only worth buying on sale, in my mind.

Just checked Vans site and it seems they've just upped their prices on their regular models they carryover season to season. I know other companies have recently done this:
Soletech, Nike (at least on their more normal dunks), some NB# models, etc.

Half Cab $75 --> $85
Sk8 Hi $80 --> $90
Ave $100 --> $110 (unless it was already $110)
Old Skool $70 --> $80
Crockett Hi $80 -$90

Damnm we gotta this economic downturn fixed
Super Champion Fun Zone

LebowskisRug

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2022, 11:02:51 AM »
Ya none of those models are worth those costs. I can get 440 for $55-$65 and Tiagos for $65-$85 on sale and they're not just a generic shoe with shitty foam insoles and build quality. One pair of Tiagos lasts me 2 pairs of Vans easily. Let's say I get half cabs for $75 old price that's $150 vs $75 average for sale Tiagos literally 2 for the price of one.

People gotta factor in lifespan into the net cost.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:41:34 AM by LebowskisRug »

IpathCats

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2022, 06:28:45 AM »
From my experiences spending more on shoes is worth it because more expensive shoes last longer.

I'm not talking designer or anything. but the $100 + (US) skate shoes usually last twice as long as $70 ones.

like 1010's vs other NB's

Pastasash

• Rep: 75
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2022, 07:04:14 AM »
almost all the shoes that I really like now are at $100 retail, but I justify spending that much by using the pay in 4 option that a lot of these sites and shops offer now. But that's also how I find myself getting charged $50 or more every two weeks cus I'll end up buying two shoes at the same time with that offer, or a week apart.. lol

greenbeans

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2022, 09:37:25 PM »
almost all the shoes that I really like now are at $100 retail, but I justify spending that much by using the pay in 4 option that a lot of these sites and shops offer now. But that's also how I find myself getting charged $50 or more every two weeks cus I'll end up buying two shoes at the same time with that offer, or a week apart.. lol

Affirm
Afterpay

I was using it but I hardly shop

greenbeans

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2022, 12:22:34 AM »
i can get superstars/pro models for under $50 slightly used
so that’s what i run without wincing at the costs
the shell toes are virtually indestructible
pick your insole of choice and enjoy

the only skate shoe id pay full retail would be the 1010s

Footprint insoles are the best
Change my mind

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -61
  • eight equals d
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2022, 04:58:27 AM »
Fyi to those that don’t know but you can by “used” shoes from eBay that are basically half the price of new shoes but are basically new, but the seller has to mark them as used. Of course some people sell beat shoes there but the majority of sellers like myself only sell used shoes that are basically perfect condition. So you can save a lot of money buying pre-owned shoes on eBay. And might as well if you are going to skate them anyway
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 58
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2022, 05:05:46 AM »
I refuse to pay full price on anything anymore. Got a pair of Tyshawn’s for $29 during an eBay sale in November and two more for $40 each from CCS.

I’ll grab some Tiago’s if I see them at a steep discount.

Pastasash

• Rep: 75
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2022, 06:19:15 AM »
Fyi to those that don’t know but you can by “used” shoes from eBay that are basically half the price of new shoes but are basically new, but the seller has to mark them as used. Of course some people sell beat shoes there but the majority of sellers like myself only sell used shoes that are basically perfect condition. So you can save a lot of money buying pre-owned shoes on eBay. And might as well if you are going to skate them anyway

Yeah I'm a big ebay buyer/seller, there are sellers on there that obv work at a skateshop or something too that post brand new recently released shoes on discount already.

But I enjoy supporting my local too and don't mind spending a bit more on retail when I know its going to a good small business, so usually will turn to ebay for older shoes that I can't find anymore to skate/hoard.

IpathCats

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2022, 06:20:31 AM »
I haffi nah limit fi shoe chedda, mi sponsor bless I wi shoes fi free

Last Resort AB

Pontus bless

Nah ask Chrise

Sizzla is GH, confirmed

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2022, 05:38:33 PM »
loving LRABs is a blessing in this skate economy as nobody ever buys them at my local, so i can almost always find them on a massive sale (about 80 AUD)
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 775
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2022, 11:08:40 AM »
skate shoes $50 if i really love them, usually about $25-30. i buy used vans most of the time, before that i used to buy used shelltoes which used to be $10-20 but i think people caught on and it’s hard to find them for that price now
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate