Author Topic: Your favorite article of skate clothing  (Read 1826 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
Your favorite article of skate clothing
« on: December 20, 2022, 06:21:43 AM »
I'm a sucker for a good hoodie. Not these thin BS ones that cost $70 now, but I liked the old thick H-Street or Independent ones at the end of the 80s and the early 90s. I actually bought one of the new H-Street ones out of nostalgia but I don't wear it, I just wanted to own one again

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Your favorite article of skate clothing
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 06:48:36 AM »

I feel ya on the hoodie, bugged my mom to get me one for xmas for months at the only skate / surf shop in town. Way too heavy for the tropics. Lost it to a girl I was dating briefly, as is the fate of all missing hoodies.

Same goes with t-shirts, when they used to make quality ones that were thicker and the print was still vibrant. My brother gifted me a DVS t-shirt, the same one Kerry Getz wore in Skate More doing his double kickflip ender down MACBA. Looks as good today as it did 10+ years ago.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 06:51:45 AM »
I’m not buying it….my Dime crew is thick….same with the stuff I get from local shops, there is a better quality range of blanks these days….the OG stuff I have is all fruit of the loom…..

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 08:24:05 AM »
I love my real x Huf 25 year shirt should have got two of them. Same as my Kooked x Adidas football jersey with the subtle flower print chicks always ask about it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 08:55:16 AM »
had these sick Bob burnquist Hurley cargo shorts in the early 00s and some smp cargo pants.
Random shit I've still got: a Volcom knitted sweater I wore maybe once in 7th grade, some Volcom v tech track pants that are brown on the outside and highlighter yellow inside. (Also had the same but grey outside orange inside but don't know where they went) some random juice and spire tees, yeah right skate more and mosaic tees and an alien workshop tee i still wear that says 1990-2010 on it.
Also somewhere I have some shirts from the huge front print era that just wasn't me including a collage of cats enjoi and a big 8 bit looking mike Tyson dgk

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 08:56:34 AM »
Vans authentic pro chino
all around a great pant. I bought some of the glide ones too. they're nicer, but too short and don't have options for a longer inseam.

I have a volcom carhartt styled knockoff jacket that's nearly 20 years old and held up great. It's gone in an out of fashion three or four times by this point

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 09:03:45 AM »
Vans authentic pro chino
all around a great pant. I bought some of the glide ones too. they're nicer, but too short and don't have options for a longer inseam.

This. I bought more during the Vans 40% off apparel sale.

Have some relaxed fitting ones for everyday use and skating and the slim ones for more collar shirt casual affairs.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 09:27:54 AM »
I also had a navy blue Indy hoodie that I wore from 1998-2003. Holes, faded, stiff etc. Loved that thing. Had some stripes and said Independent down the sleeve and the cross in the center of the chest. Went through some shit in that hoodie

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 09:45:17 AM »
I have a soft spot for:

Olive green ripstop pants (non-cargo, cargos...i.e., no thigh pockets)
Black sleeved raglan shirts
Black and Gum shoes
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 04:45:38 PM by Xen »

Badandoldskater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 10:02:07 AM »
I made a run of hoodies for my firehouse with the independent trading co 500c. Those are some thick hoodies. I got a few extra if anyone is interested

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 10:23:57 AM »
A sturdy pair of pants that fit well and don't show my ass sweat. Jeans are nice, also some black khakis or work pants. I can't run light colored pants anymore unfortunately, I look like I just diarrhea'd after about a half hour of skating.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 11:45:23 AM »
Vans made a shirt that has a crudely drawn picture of a skateboard = $, then underneath in handwritten font it said "Skateboarding is super easy." Wore that shirt until it physically ripped off of my body, recently got a second one on Depop.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 01:14:29 PM »
I'm a sucker for a good hoodie. Not these thin BS ones that cost $70 now, but I liked the old thick H-Street or Independent ones at the end of the 80s and the early 90s. I actually bought one of the new H-Street ones out of nostalgia but I don't wear it, I just wanted to own one again

polar had these extremely heavy weight hoodies drop this fall/winter , they are brown or purple, and just have a small circle logo on the chest. by far the best hoodie I've had in years.

I bought some Dime fleece pants this fall and I haven't been able to take them off . most comfy pants I've ever worn, and since the high temps have been in the teens for the last few weeks, they are extra amazing.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2022, 01:30:45 PM »
droors jeans from late 90 (?), its like abit slimmer bigboy

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2022, 01:49:34 PM »
Late 90s Emerica made the ‘Burnside’ cargo pant, beautifully baggy that hung just right, from lush, thick olive green brushed denim, made in the ISA.

Favorite pair of pants ever. Wish I had a pair so I could take them apart for the pattern and sew more.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2022, 06:56:43 AM »
Love the Philly Santosuosso Buttergoods cargos from the first ever line he dropped with them, have two of the olive green ones and always looking for the black pair. Have the anorak jacket from the same drop too, he always does a good job with his collections with them!

Other than that I held on to most of my Fourstar stuff from HS, was my favorite skate clothing brand. But now a days a lot of my clothing purchases that I'm really stoked on are skate shop branded stuff, I cherish all my old Pitcrew and Palace 5ive gear (RIP to both), and always look to get a shirt, pants, hoodie, beanie, etc from my favorite shops, feels good to support small local businesses!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2022, 06:59:11 AM »
I had a pair of beige Droors baggies I loved, also the Etnies Sal 23s (blue) and the Duffs KCKs (white) are fondly remembered.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

IpathCats

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2022, 07:01:13 AM »
I have a few champs crewnecks that i really like. From Vu in baltimore and dreamland/rogue beer.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2022, 07:30:21 AM »
in like 2005/2006 there was this dvs tee i wore all the time that had a grid of classic skate video vhs tapes across the front, i left it at a girl's house and it just fell into the abyss. i can't find any pictures of it online, i mean i could probably dig in my facebook archives to find a picture of me wearing it but i'm not about to do that. i really miss it. i might have to recreate it with some of my personal favorite vhs tapes.

burner

• Rep: 91
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2022, 07:46:36 AM »
droors jeans from late 90 (?), its like abit slimmer bigboy

Came here to post this, happy to find someone already has. I found a pair of some mid 90s doors, original cut (super baggy), made in USA, and these are my current favourite. I always skate better when I wear them (even though I suck). ;D

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2022, 08:13:08 AM »
believe it or not... Birdhouse jeans during The End era. the bagginess and slight taper was good and they seemed pretty durable. Felt pretty Reynolds-like, doing FS flips down 5 stairs.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2022, 10:20:33 AM »
dime sweats are high quality
got a black crewneck with gold lettering for $60
feels like its actually worth 100 beans
but still look for sales
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 827
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2022, 10:44:43 AM »
Alltimers Yacht Rental Pants. Perfect kinda baggy fit but still tapered just a little. Light weight fabric, comfy waist with a drawstring, I like the little logo on the front pocket.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 981
  • the moon rules
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2022, 10:50:23 AM »
Maybe my Alltimers Seafood Festival cooking apron. Definitely all of my local skateshop gear
fuck you bama

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2022, 10:52:39 AM »
At the time I was inove with Emerica Skelters 2. Nowadays Levi's 569 feel awesome.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

IpathCats

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2022, 11:21:00 AM »
dime sweats are high quality
got a black crewneck with gold lettering for $60
feels like its actually worth 100 beans
but still look for sales

true totally forgot about this all the dime stuff i have is great, pricy, but feels worth it.

Love the fit on the tees and crewnecks.

got my lady a sweat suit from them for christmas

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2022, 10:06:04 AM »
lmao my enjoi web belt (reversible - black/white) that i've had since 7th grade. holds up my polar 93's and carhartts like a champ

not exact model but similar - http://skateparkoftampa.com/product/61348/enjoi_Panda_Web_Belt

sadnocomply

• Rep: 135
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2022, 10:56:56 AM »
Bottoms: The wheat/tan santosuosso canvas pants from earlier this year & quasi Warren trouser pants in twill and corduroy. Love these pants so much

Shirts: polar skate co flannels - top notch shit

Hoodies: carpet co, dime, WIP

Headwear: carpet beanies/hats

All this shit expensive but you gotta be patient and wait for the sales imo. Never copped any of this at full price

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2022, 05:22:09 PM »
Hold on I lied... I'll get serious.

Wish I had a Thrasher/ venture zip up hoodie and sweats.

Also I got a vintage think shirt I'm fond of
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 06:06:35 PM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2022, 05:34:52 PM »
I had this Workshop hoodie I found at a thirft store that had the little cat or squirrel or something character on it that a crazy roommate stole from me. That was by far my favorite.

Favorite now is my Bronze hat. That thing has permanent salt stains.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead