Author Topic: Not too baggy pants  (Read 2059 times)

sionarancsle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Not too baggy pants
« on: December 21, 2022, 08:25:47 AM »
Hi!

I'm a tall, skinny guy and after ordering an RVCA Americana and getting f*cked by the 32 inseam (it's just too short and looks stupid) I'm back on my mission to find the perfect pants to skate in.

I have 2 chinos that work for me and have the siluette I enjoy, which is not too baggy, not too skinny.
- Carhartt WIP Master chino in 32x34
- Dickies 874 32x34

Since I have enough chinos I'd like some jeans. A nice blue wash and a black one. I'm currently looking at the following items, if you own them please share some experiences and maybe post a picture of a fit. Also if you have recommendations other than these items that fit into the siluette and are worth it let me know.

- Volcom Solver 32x34
- Levis Skate Baggy 32x34

« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 03:29:37 PM by sionarancsle »

(this is Casey Foley doing his thing in Adelaide)

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Not too baggy pants
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 08:35:53 AM »
Volcom Solver are quite slim. I have a bunch in 30x34. Great pants if you want something a bit more slim than regular fit. Levi’s Skate Baggy are quite baggy. More so than Polar 93 maybe a bit less than Polar Big Boys. I have a pair in 33x34 which fit about the same in the waist as the Volcom 30”. I’d say that I’m more close to 32” in waist usually but it can go wherever depending on the brand, material and model.

So yeah, you picked two very different fits and I don’t think you should go with the same waist size in them.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 08:38:13 AM »
I’m 6ft long legs and ordered a pair of the Levi’s skate baggy and sent them back. Found the legs a bit billowy and short for my liking. I have a pair of the levi skate capenters in 31x34 and they’re perfect. I just treated myself to another pair of carpenter style jeans from route one here in UK (fwiw)and they are also perfect. They Have a nice little taper.

sionarancsle

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 08:39:17 AM »
Volcom Solver are quite slim. I have a bunch in 30x34. Great pants if you want something a bit more slim than regular fit. Levi’s Skate Baggy are quite baggy. More so than Polar 93 maybe a bit less than Polar Big Boys. I have a pair in 33x34 which fit about the same in the waist as the Volcom 30”. I’d say that I’m more close to 32” in waist usually but it can go wherever depending on the brand, material and model.

So yeah, you picked two very different fits and I don’t think you should go with the same waist size in them.

Posted some pics, Solver or Polar93 would be closer to the amont of bagginess of my current pants? Levis baggy out of the question then.

dmtr

• Rep: 20
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 08:43:47 AM »
which pants are you wearing in the photo? I'm in the same boat as you.

I actually have 2 of the Volcom Corduroy Solver pants, really like them. not too skinny, nor too baggy. definitely recommend the volcom ones, I imagine the jeans/corduroy uses the same dimensions.
On the hunt for something else than the corduroy pants, but I'm afraid the dickies/carhartt (work)pants are all gonna be too big or baggy. The ones in your photo looks perfect!

edit: just checked ( since I have them on)
Its the Vorta corduroy slim straight. Size 32

« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 11:22:08 AM by dmtr »

sionarancsle

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2022, 08:45:37 AM »
which pants are you wearing in the photo? I'm in the same boat as you.

I actually have 2 of the Volcom Corduroy Solver pants, really like them. not too skinny, nor too baggy. definitely recommend the volcom ones, I imagine the jeans/corduroy uses the same dimensions.
On the hunt for something else than the corduroy pants, but I'm afraid the dickies/carhartt (work)pants are all gonna be too big or baggy. The ones in your photo looks perfect!

All photos are Carhartt WIP Master Denison 32x34

Deadringer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2022, 09:28:13 AM »
I would say Volcom Frickin' Modern pants, i have about 4 pairs and they'd look about what your after

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2022, 09:44:03 AM »
Can anyone who owns the Polar 93 denim share how "baggy" they are/ how the fit is, and if they are true to size? I couldn't pull off the big boys but really want a semi baggy fit pair of jeans.

I had a size Large in the big boys since that's what I wear in the surf pants, and those fit great and have the perfect amount of baggyness imo, but the big boys were just too long, wide, and baggy for me.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 95
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2022, 10:01:09 AM »
Always been a big fan of Levi’s 550

sionarancsle

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2022, 10:03:13 AM »
I would say Volcom Frickin' Modern pants, i have about 4 pairs and they'd look about what your after

Volcom Frickin pants are chinos, not denims, as far as I know their similar denim offering is the Solver.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 112
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2022, 10:05:33 AM »
Nice thread. I get all my trousers from TK Maxx, but it's a pain having to go in 10 times for the 1 time that they have something I like. Making a list of the recommendations.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 460
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2022, 10:18:18 AM »
Why not just get some more Volcom Solver jeans? The price is usually pretty reasonable. I like loose without baggy denim and though I’m shorter (5’10”) these really fit the bill for me.

sionarancsle

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2022, 10:26:49 AM »
Why not just get some more Volcom Solver jeans? The price is usually pretty reasonable. I like loose without baggy denim and though I’m shorter (5’10”) these really fit the bill for me.

I was just looking for some feedback/past experience from you guys, my local has Solver jeans so I definitely will check them out after the holidays.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2022, 12:55:48 PM »
Uniqlo wide fit talls as someone mentioned in the loose fit pant…..loose which implies not too baggy….may be a great place to pose the question….

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2022, 01:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Posted some pics, Solver or Polar93 would be closer to the amont of bagginess of my current pants? Levis baggy out of the question then.

Pics aren’t loading. Polar 93s are way baggier than Volcom Solver. Volcom has two baggier fits than the Solver which are still less baggy than the 93s: Kinkade & Modown. Then there’s the Billow, which is slightly baggier than 93s but less than Big Boys.

Solver for me is hugging my thigh and then quite regular below the knee. Excellent fit if that’s what you’re after but far from loose or baggy.

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2022, 01:19:39 PM »
Stan Ray 80's Painter Pants and the slightly wider Stan Ray OG Painter Pant would fit your request well, I think, if it's denim you are looking for.
The pant situation is out of control at this point

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2022, 01:25:53 PM »
Carhartt WIP double knee and single knees are a little slimmer than mainline double knees and come in a 34 inseam. Not all the colors come in 34 inseam tho. Waist runs pretty large on them btw

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2022, 01:57:55 PM »
Carhartt WIP double knee and single knees are a little slimmer than mainline double knees and come in a 34 inseam. Not all the colors come in 34 inseam tho. Waist runs pretty large on them btw

Put that BTW IN ALL CAPS CARHARTT WIP WAIST RUNZ SO FUCKING LORGE BRO

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2022, 03:04:17 PM »
Polar 93's say they're semi-baggy but are overall for me baggier than RVCA Americana's. They're my favorite pant though because they're well made and super comfortable (especially the cords). It's about as baggy as I can get without looking absolutely ridiculous.

I think Volcom's might run a little bigger than other companies. RVCA Americana's in size 30 fit me perfectly, Polar 93's have just the slightest looseness that requires a belt but the belt fixes it completely. But the Volcom size 30's I have fit more like a size 32 in everything else I've got. Gotta run two notches on my belt with the Volcoms.

I've been looking at Louie's green Volcom cords though, they look like a good semi baggy pant for sure.

https://www.volcom.com/products/louie-lopez-tapered-cord-cedar-green?variant=39809733132355

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2022, 04:20:30 PM »
Budget?

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2022, 04:53:17 PM »
Another mention is vintage silvertabs in the loose fit they are far less sought after than the baggy fit and the denim quality is super nice especially when u get made in usa ones. They also have a nice taper so wont drag on ground

Pastasash

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2022, 07:58:25 PM »
Polar 93's say they're semi-baggy but are overall for me baggier than RVCA Americana's. They're my favorite pant though because they're well made and super comfortable (especially the cords). It's about as baggy as I can get without looking absolutely ridiculous.

I think Volcom's might run a little bigger than other companies. RVCA Americana's in size 30 fit me perfectly, Polar 93's have just the slightest looseness that requires a belt but the belt fixes it completely. But the Volcom size 30's I have fit more like a size 32 in everything else I've got. Gotta run two notches on my belt with the Volcoms.

I've been looking at Louie's green Volcom cords though, they look like a good semi baggy pant for sure.

https://www.volcom.com/products/louie-lopez-tapered-cord-cedar-green?variant=39809733132355

Thanks for the info on the 93s, so would you recommend getting your normal size in them, or go a size down?

And I’ve actually been eyeing up those same Louie cords too, they look like a good fit and that was my soty vote lol

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2022, 12:35:12 AM »
550s and Polar 93s look cool. For 550s i go two inches up in waist and i think it's okay, it might be really baggy though.

I also get janitor pants on ebay w/ two inches up in waist and they fit cool.

I'm not as tall as you though.

nekro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2022, 12:42:27 AM »
Polar 92s are more tapered and give a cleaner look than the 92s

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2022, 01:15:43 AM »
I like the Dickies Chatom Pleated a lot. Has a suit like silhoutte with a little taper at the bottom. More baggy than a 874, but less than a Polar Surf Pant

fernando the skater

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2022, 01:33:42 AM »
Slam City Skates has this comparison of a few Dickies styles. L to R: 874, 873, 872, 803. All 32x32, model is 6'

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2022, 02:22:18 AM »
I like to check IG @whatpantsarethose and then looked for the ones I like on Vinted.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Deadringer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2022, 02:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Volcom Frickin pants are chinos, not denims, as far as I know their similar denim offering is the Solver.

I misread the assignment  :-[

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2022, 05:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks for the info on the 93s, so would you recommend getting your normal size in them, or go a size down?

And I’ve actually been eyeing up those same Louie cords too, they look like a good fit and that was my soty vote lol
i have a few pairs of 93s and the waist runs large, a 32 is actually 34, not sure if it’s still like that though, doesn’t help that polar took down the sizing charts from their site. i think end clothing or ssense has measurements listed for them.

Pastasash

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2022, 06:13:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
i have a few pairs of 93s and the waist runs large, a 32 is actually 34, not sure if it’s still like that though, doesn’t help that polar took down the sizing charts from their site. i think end clothing or ssense has measurements listed for them.

Thanks man, yeah that's usually what I have to do with most brand's baggy denim, need to go down to a 32 to get a true 34 waist. I'll check End's site since I noticed they took that down from Polar's too, appreciate the info!