Author Topic: Witcher 3  (Read 462 times)

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Witcher 3
« on: December 21, 2022, 12:21:47 PM »
Only ever heard good things about this game and finally diving into it now. If anyone has already played through it, did you frequently upgrade your weapons/armor when available at merchants or do you get better gear via quests and such?

Chickenparmesan

• Rep: 0
Re: Witcher 3
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 09:23:30 PM »
Only ever heard good things about this game and finally diving into it now. If anyone has already played through it, did you frequently upgrade your weapons/armor when available at merchants or do you get better gear via quests and such?
Played this game heavy a few years ago. Started reading the novels this year too, I recommend them if you’re into reading.

Anyway, you’ll find some awesome gear from quests further into the game but don’t hesitate to just upgrade if you have the resources. Don’t stress about it either, it comes naturally. Keep your armor and swords repaired. Also pay attention to your runes/sword oils/mutagens/skill tree. I kinda didn’t care until late in the game and fucked myself out of lots of potential perks.

One of my favorite games ever. Good luck and have fun exploring, no need to rush the story

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 29
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 08:58:09 PM »
Awesome, thanks Chickenparm. I intended to play for like an hour last night and ended up playing for four hours straight lol. I'm starting to realize why this game has the reputation it has.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 09:14:12 AM »
Tried it
Played a few hours
Not interested in continuing.

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 02:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Played this game heavy a few years ago. Started reading the novels this year too, I recommend them if you’re into reading.

Anyway, you’ll find some awesome gear from quests further into the game but don’t hesitate to just upgrade if you have the resources. Don’t stress about it either, it comes naturally. Keep your armor and swords repaired. Also pay attention to your runes/sword oils/mutagens/skill tree. I kinda didn’t care until late in the game and fucked myself out of lots of potential perks.

One of my favorite games ever. Good luck and have fun exploring, no need to rush the story

Pretty sure you can get a potion of sorts that resets the skills tree.
The most annoying thing I remember was trying to complete all the decoctions, but not being able to do so because I let a succubus and Doppler live instead of killing them.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 03:20:07 AM »
It's perfect
listen to cosmic psychos

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 09:58:08 AM »
Necro bumping this thread ;)

Anyone double dipped for a NG+ replay with the new (free) next gen update?