Author Topic: SoCal trip in Feb  (Read 425 times)

adumb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
SoCal trip in Feb
« on: December 21, 2022, 05:38:44 PM »
Makin a quick trip in Feb to get out of the snow for a few days.

Narrowing down where to be based out of. For now its between Santa Monica, Huntington/Newport Beach/and Long Beach

Would like to be near a beach cuz I live in the mountains.

Proximity to GOOD parks is a big factor. I'm not flying to Cali to skate bullshit. Also good curb spots and some banks/hips

Not trying to do too much commuting as I wont have a car and will only be around for like 3 days.

Also would like to be near good dive bars and cheap eats.

Any suggestions are much apreeesh. Thanks Pals

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Re: SoCal trip in Feb
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 05:59:54 PM »
If you want to be relatively close to a lot of parks and curb spots, come to Long Beach. Dealing with LB airport is better than dealing with LAX.

You can stay downtown LB, you’ll be near the water. If you skate from DTLB to the dog beach (a couple of miles) via bike path, you’ll hit a curb spot near the ramps up to the cliffs, the scumhole, and at the end, Rosie’s Dog Beach which is a great curb spot. There’s also a Long Beach Curbs thread around somewhere.

In DTLB, there’s a lot of little spots, Lincoln Park Skatepark is new. Not too far close to Poly is McBride Park, there’s the infamous Cherry park closer to the bluffs, and not too far from there is Orizaba park. You can skate to and fro or catch a bus or even nab one of those Bird Scooters that’s all over the area.

For eats, there’s a ton. Black Bar and Good Bar are skate bars. In DTLB you can get BBQ at Beachwood Brewing. There’s Original Thai. There’s a ton there to eat. Also around the area are Pharmacy skate in DTLB, not too far from there on 7th is LB Skate, and not far from there is East 4th Skate. All dope places.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 162
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 09:50:00 PM »

Narrowing down where to be based out of. For now its between Santa Monica, Huntington/Newport Beach/and Long Beach

Proximity to GOOD parks is a big factor. I'm not flying to Cali to skate bullshit. Also good curb spots and some banks/hips

Not trying to do too much commuting as I wont have a car and will only be around for like 3 days.

Sounds like you want to go to San Diego instead

There's so much more in the greater LA area but if these are the requirements that you really want...

SD is all beach, parks, curbs, ditches and dive bars.

40 minutes of driving gets you everywhere in SD, it get's you the next town over in LA. SD is 1 hour and 30 minutes from downtown LA if you drive 75mph and there's little traffic

Sometimes February sucks in SoCal so be prepared for that too

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 11:38:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sounds like you want to go to San Diego instead

There's so much more in the greater LA area but if these are the requirements that you really want...

SD is all beach, parks, curbs, ditches and dive bars.

40 minutes of driving gets you everywhere in SD, it get's you the next town over in LA. SD is 1 hour and 30 minutes from downtown LA if you drive 75mph and there's little traffic

Sometimes February sucks in SoCal so be prepared for that too

This is the truth. Come down to oside and hit five incredible parks in a day

adumb

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 06:23:10 AM »
All the homeys that live in SD just told me the same thing. Looking like I'll be crashing on a couch in Encinitas. Maybe do a day rip up to LA.

Thanks for all the info!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 04:23:10 PM »
All the homeys that live in SD just told me the same thing. Looking like I'll be crashing on a couch in Encinitas. Maybe do a day rip up to LA.

Thanks for all the info!

Hit me up if you wanna catch a sesh when you're down

adumb

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 06:02:20 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks for all the info!
[close]

Hit me up if you wanna catch a sesh when you're down

Will do!