Author Topic: Who would be down for muting certain songs on videos  (Read 689 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Who would be down for muting certain songs on videos
« on: December 22, 2022, 06:10:26 AM »
Just like the the title says I’m sure you guys have a few songs you’d not like to hear in various video parts.

I was watching Mark Appleyard part in Flip very sorry video and he has a two song part with that atrocious Hole songs.

I was wondering if there was or could have an audio option to mute song but keep the skating noises.
Dueces Bitch's

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 95
Re: Who would be down for muting certain songs on videos
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 07:28:15 AM »
With all due respect Hole rules. I slammed that mute button on the new Nik Stain part that song was unacceptable

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 07:39:26 AM »
I was always bummed out that no one ever bothered to make an option on skateboarding dvds to choose an alternate track of just the ambient skate sounds. If I was bothering to purchase your skate video at full price, at least include this one option. I would have watched extremely sorry a whole lot more if this option was included.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 07:43:21 AM »
I was always bummed out that no one ever bothered to make an option on skateboarding dvds to choose an alternate track of just the ambient skate sounds. If I was bothering to purchase your skate video at full price, at least include this one option. I would have watched extremely sorry a whole lot more if this option was included.

reminds me of when they released yeah right on dvd after they lost the song rights, it was completely unwatchable

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 07:54:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

reminds me of when they released yeah right on dvd after they lost the song rights, it was completely unwatchable
I remember actually being a little bit jealous of my friend who had the newer version because it has way more footage. I can only think of mjs song and while not as good as joy division I think it's ok. Not like Gino and kostons songs were great to begin with either.

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 04:49:27 PM »
I love rough cuts/ raw files for this reason.
The ambient city noise is such an important part of the footage.
Less valuable on edited parts as the clips can be so short.
But I do wish all parts had no music option.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 06:52:43 PM »
I feel like the raw rough cuts are authentic to what really matters in skateboarding, randoms, lurkers, traffic, cops, Karen’s/Kens, rage fits, weather conditions, board breaking etc…

Full edited videos is a nice polished look at it from a professional standpoint c’mon unless you’re a legacy team with stellar talent and videography skills. Then so be it however there should’ve been an option just like skipping a part to make certain audio muted.

Now in part look at antihero them and Real make some great videos to the point no extra bs just skating.
Dueces Bitch's

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 06:59:32 PM »
Gotta disagree those Hole songs were good. Infact that whole (Hole) album is good, listen to Jennfer's Body
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -435
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 07:21:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I feel like the raw rough cuts are authentic to what really matters in skateboarding, randoms, lurkers, traffic, cops, Karen’s/Kens, rage fits, weather conditions, board breaking etc…

Full edited videos is a nice polished look at it from a professional standpoint c’mon unless you’re a legacy team with stellar talent and videography skills. Then so be it however there should’ve been an option just like skipping a part to make certain audio muted.

Now in part look at antihero them and Real make some great videos to the point no extra bs just skating.

Where were you guys when we had this whole argument in the unpopular opinion thread? I said rough cuts were the superior form of skate footage and ended up having to call someone an early onset dementia patient by the end of it

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 07:26:39 PM »

Rarely do I hear an opinion that I so strongly agree with.  That would have been an awesome freature.  I’m not an expert, but that would have been a very uncomplicated and cheap thing to include, right?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2022, 08:50:27 PM »
Gotta disagree those Hole songs were good. Infact that whole (Hole) album is good, listen to Jennfer's Body
Reading this after postnut I have to say that Courtney Loves voice is like nails on a chalkboard gross 🤮 like chewing broken glass or walking on a compound fractured ankle, so offensive and tasteless I’d rather put xacto razors underneath my nails and type at 200 words at 30secs.
Dueces Bitch's

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2022, 07:22:03 AM »
One of the best parts of all time is Ricky Oyola’s EE3 part. I never watch that with sound.  Metallica is the most butt music I have ever heard lol. It’s like shit music people convince themselves they like when they’re at a weird house party doing cocaine.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 08:31:58 AM by Bristol_Palin »

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • the moon rules
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2022, 12:45:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rarely do I hear an opinion that I so strongly agree with.  That would have been an awesome freature.  I’m not an expert, but that would have been a very uncomplicated and cheap thing to include, right?
Some of my friends did this with a local video way back in 2006. I can’t remember exactly how they did it and how it worked, but you could change it with the remote arrows while the video was playing. It was pretty simple if you formatted your own dvds
fuck you bama

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -97
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2022, 01:02:31 PM »
every song Michael Palloozi has skated to in all his parts, which sucks cause his skating is insane

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2022, 04:46:23 PM »
With all due respect Hole rules. I slammed that mute button on the new Nik Stain part that song was unacceptable
The Metallica song “one”?  Great song but now for a skate video.