Author Topic: What do skate tutorials mean by "lean back"?  (Read 401 times)

Torre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
What do skate tutorials mean by "lean back"?
« on: January 25, 2023, 10:29:50 AM »
What do skate trick tutorials mean when the say to lean back? Do they mean lean your weight toward the tail (paralell) Or do they mean lean back, like behind your back (perpendicularly)? I'm an intermediate to advanced skater but this still confuses me when I watch trick tips lol. Hope someone can weigh it! TIA!

mfweeno

• Rep: 27
Re: What do skate tutorials mean by "lean back"?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 01:13:26 PM »
It sounds like you're asking about the "lean back" cue some people will use for "back seat" type tricks (5-0s, smiths, tailslides, 360 flips, etc).

This is technically a lean to the side, not a lean towards the back side of your body, so I can see where some people might get confused.

Another way to think about it to bias your bodyweight towards your back leg/foot.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 01:46:13 PM »
https://youtu.be/AnhaN88isRI

Sorry I couldn‘t resist. Plus that beat aged like fine wine.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Torre

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 04:39:14 PM »
It sounds like you're asking about the "lean back" cue some people will use for "back seat" type tricks (5-0s, smiths, tailslides, 360 flips, etc).

This is technically a lean to the side, not a lean towards the back side of your body, so I can see where some people might get confused.

Another way to think about it to bias your bodyweight towards your back leg/foot.
That was my best guess as well, based on experience. Despite being a semi-advanced level skateboarder, I never was sure what people meant by "lean back". But being tail heavy (or nose heavy for nollie tricks) is something I always do with my weight. Now I know its something I already do lol. Ty for the reply!

switchfakie

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 06:54:28 PM »
depends on the trick, but most of the time it just means put most of your weight on your back foot