Author Topic: Teaching Girlfriend how to film Strobeck Style?  (Read 126 times)

I-am-12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Teaching Girlfriend how to film Strobeck Style?
« on: March 22, 2024, 05:58:15 AM »
Does anyone here have experience getting GOOD clips from their girl (on iphone)? My current situation means I can't have homies film for me, only my GF.

I've tried showing her various Strobeck / modern skate videos and how to properly frame and make a visually interesting product instead of some stationary instagram-like garbage clip. My only tip for her so far is "keep the camera moving at all times, with flow". Again, I'm trying to avoid the little kid-esque clip style of having a simple direct left to right pan with no thought about framing whatsoever.

Any tips?

Also, note the inherent short fuse with girlfriends. You can only get 10ish tries before she starts wanting to go home (as they don't appreciate the clip gold you can potentially get at the spot).

pedro_mayn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
Re: Teaching Girlfriend how to film Strobeck Style?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 04:05:16 PM »
My advice is to find a filmer, save your missus some frustration and yourself frustration of potential fudged up footy.

She'll be thankful.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Teaching Girlfriend how to film Strobeck Style?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 04:38:41 PM »
Watch old videos.

Strobeck in my opinion is nodding to the look of the beginning. Hstreet Sick Boys. You know when cameras was heavy.

Strobecks style is weight and like slow zooms. Like he's skating right with you with and old Panasonic shoulder piece.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)