Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 171609 times)

sle_epy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -82
Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1080 on: March 09, 2023, 06:21:31 PM »
You're right. I just wanted to make a simple unpopular opinion without becoming the target for abuse. I call a truce.

Truce it is, hope you land your next trick battle.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #1081 on: March 09, 2023, 06:45:45 PM »
Dear god where are the mods

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1082 on: March 09, 2023, 06:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
You're right. I just wanted to make a simple unpopular opinion without becoming the target for abuse. I call a truce.
[close]

Truce it is, hope you land your next trick battle.

Thank you for the well wishes and likewise. :) I apologise for being insulting towards you.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

mikeyshorts

• Rep: -15
« Reply #1083 on: March 09, 2023, 06:49:43 PM »
if they were up your ass youd know where they are

sle_epy

• Rep: -82
« Reply #1084 on: March 09, 2023, 06:50:05 PM »

Def feels like a reddit thread. also thanks acid drop.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #1085 on: March 10, 2023, 12:22:43 AM »
Never tried it and never will going to die virgin
Connecting the dots

Acid Drop

• Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #1086 on: March 10, 2023, 01:22:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Never tried it and never will going to die virgin
[close]
Connecting the dots

I would rather keep my record of celibacy than waste it on a one night stand with someone I don't love. My energy is that potent. I know it might sound strange but I'm proud of the fact that I'm exclusive with my energy and that no one has access to me. The quality of people these days is so poor that I know putting any effort whatsoever is a waste of time. Take care now.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1087 on: March 10, 2023, 02:37:07 AM »
Please stop Lowriding or "sagging" your pants. I have no interest in seeing your underwear. Buy a belt, cinch it up and live a good life.

Lavar entered in the chat.
Miss you Rusty Berings

Acid Drop

• Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #1088 on: March 10, 2023, 02:41:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Please stop Lowriding or "sagging" your pants. I have no interest in seeing your underwear. Buy a belt, cinch it up and live a good life.
[close]

Who is going to defend sagging now? roflmfao

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #1089 on: March 10, 2023, 02:50:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ll defend sagging before I defend involuntary celibacy

Acid Drop

• Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #1090 on: March 10, 2023, 02:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't cause yourself a brain aneurysm. lmao

mikeyshorts

• Rep: -15
« Reply #1091 on: March 10, 2023, 03:04:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
correct me if im regular but didnt the man say hes voluntarily celibate cause nobody deserves his tight ass? comprehension.
my unpopular opinion is the world could achieve peace if everyone could go on a walk and feel greg carrolls empathy

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #1092 on: March 10, 2023, 03:38:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
correct me if im regular but didnt the man say hes voluntarily celibate cause nobody deserves his tight ass? comprehension.
my unpopular opinion is the world could achieve peace if everyone could go on a walk and feel greg carrolls empathy
My unpopular opinion is all celibacy is involuntary no matter what you tell yourself

switchfakie

« Reply #1093 on: March 11, 2023, 05:33:26 AM »
i guess its no longer a popular opinion anymore, so: its absolutely wack to re-use songs that another company has used already

i feel like the kid crew edits on youtube are using the same songs over and over again

dont get me started on the euro skate videos - i always recognize at least 1 song from another euro part

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1094 on: March 11, 2023, 10:42:55 AM »
Boutta drop a thermonuclear take that maxes out the Kelvin scale if you guys are interested

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1095 on: March 11, 2023, 10:01:20 PM »
There is no backside or frontside nollie shuvs…..they are just nollie shuvs….and they don’t matter….

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #1096 on: March 11, 2023, 10:17:45 PM »
Wade des Ormeaux has the the legs of an alcoholic and it‘s a pain in the ass to watch him skate in shorts. He‘s the best with the worst legs.

switchfakie

« Reply #1097 on: March 16, 2023, 03:31:53 PM »
people who hate on wax saying "just go faster" and "just wax your board" are most of the time not good at skating or if they are good, usually only skate the very end of the ledge & dont grind/slide for very long

im fucking sick and tired of these meat heads

im not gonna wax the ledge if you say youre not cool with it. you fucking adding your stupid bullshit to saying no isnt gone change anything other than me thinking youre a dumbass

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #1098 on: March 16, 2023, 03:56:44 PM »
people who hate on wax saying "just go faster" and "just wax your board" are most of the time not good at skating or if they are good, usually only skate the very end of the ledge & dont grind/slide for very long

im not gonna wax the ledge if you say youre not cool with it. you fucking adding your stupid bullshit to saying no isnt gone change anything other than me thinking youre a dumbass

I completely agree with you. People who are adept at skating ledges like them to be nice and buttered up. Going fast or only waxing your board isn't going to work if the ledge is dry and crusty. I will say though, I am against people waxing the top of a ledge (for doing lip or boardslide tricks) unless the ledge is wide enough to give people ample room to do manual tricks without getting bodied. While I don't do manuals very often, I try to be considerate of those who do.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1099 on: March 16, 2023, 04:05:14 PM »

sure but it can go both ways. I've been on sessions where everyone is skating an obstacle just fine and there's one person who can't even get into the trick they're trying and they wanna wax it a bunch. I feel like some of the most talented ledge skaters I know are fairly conservative about how much wax they use. If it's a spot or obstacle being shared you kinda have to read the room, ya know?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1100 on: March 16, 2023, 04:17:54 PM »
It’s 2023…..you can wax the shit out of everything……if you can’t handle the wax, stay on the east coast….

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #1101 on: March 16, 2023, 07:16:43 PM »
I’m of the opinion, if it’s my spot I’ll wax it(not the top for lips/boards) if it needs it. If it’s not a spot that’s mine, no way am I going to wax it. If someone came to something I found and prepped and started fucking with it, that shit ain’t gonna fly.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #1102 on: March 16, 2023, 07:40:23 PM »

It's both ways tho. Sliding long means nothing if you just put a whole block of wax on the ledge and can just pose on it. It's like tailscraping a manual. It used to be to grind more than 4 feet your entire body would have to be way behind the board.
Oldies learnt it the hard way and have to insist kids do it too. I had to fall off my bike all the time why do these kids get training wheels boo hoo that's not fair etc

(For the record I 99.9% don't give a shit about wax)

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1103 on: March 16, 2023, 08:31:16 PM »
I feel like heavily waxed ledges should come with a little caution sign on the side.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1104 on: March 16, 2023, 08:57:31 PM »
Neither the TK or Bam thread should have been nuked. Both were amazing resources for seeing the biographies of two troubled but important figures within skateboarding.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1105 on: March 16, 2023, 09:18:50 PM »
I wish nothing but the best to skate shop owners and I love people being able to support themselves by working in skating. But am I really ethically obligated to spend money at skate shops when I could save like 30-40% buying shit on sale online. I enjoy buying stuff in shops especially stuff that doesn’t really come on crazy sales (f4s or something) but isn’t “supporting your local” just an indirect for of charity to skaters who don’t want to do anything else in the world. I always thought they were supposed to throw contests and stuff or something but money is too tight to give back like that nowadays, what are you gonna do like employ five skaters who don’t want to work shitty jobs, a lot of dudes make their money from shitty jobs why are we subsidizing you? Not even saying people are greedy or lazy and I appreciate them being around when I don’t want to order online but like is it worth spending hundreds of dollars extra every year just to not feel bad? You’re giving a shop board a month to some guys in your city who are good at skating? Who give a shit? You can get bbs blanks on sale from tactics we’ll start a gofundme it just seems like a weird circuitous form of charity to me

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1106 on: March 16, 2023, 09:37:17 PM »
Also I need paint on the bottom of my board because the SLIDE MARKS make everything FEEL COMFORTABLE AND FAMILIAR UNDER MY FEET, I
HATE NATURAL BOTTOM PLYS OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED WHEN THE BOTTOM IS JUST WOOD I HATE IT

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #1107 on: March 17, 2023, 09:30:37 AM »
It’s 2023…..you can wax the shit out of everything……if you can’t handle the wax, stay on the east coast….
Why would too much wax make something harder? If people don’t want to slip out they should do their trick correctly. Not my fault you can’t.

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1108 on: March 17, 2023, 12:23:03 PM »
I would like Vans a lot more if of their shoes didn't have that dumbass wavy line on them. And made a cupsole Half-Cab.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #1109 on: March 17, 2023, 01:38:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Why would too much wax make something harder? If people don’t want to slip out they should do their trick correctly. Not my fault you can’t.

My experience was East Coasters love waxing shit up.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?