Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 173474 times)

vinithebr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1620 on: May 12, 2023, 02:26:40 PM »
Don’t film anything unless your outfit head to toe is at least $500.
i also like suprem

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1621 on: May 12, 2023, 03:34:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Don’t film anything unless your outfit head to toe is at least $500.
[close]
i also like suprem

I think knockoffs are the next big thing. I totally back suprem.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -437
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1622 on: May 13, 2023, 09:07:54 AM »
If you pretend you don’t like the smiths because of moz you’re untrustworthy

The Queen is Dead is the most overrated smiths album

IpathCats

« Reply #1623 on: May 16, 2023, 06:32:17 AM »
I do not enjoy skateboarding in the Vans Crockett highs.

Despite most people on here seeming to love them.

They are just not for me.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #1624 on: May 16, 2023, 08:12:00 AM »

Nothing Morrissey could ever going to make me dislike The Smiths.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #1625 on: May 16, 2023, 09:53:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Right? I have the same view with Oasis and Pink Floyd. They all have some wacky fucked views but goddamn their music is untouchable.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1626 on: May 16, 2023, 09:58:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Right? I have the same view with Oasis and Pink Floyd. They all have some wacky fucked views but goddamn their music is untouchable.

I SAID MAYYayayBAAAYEE
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #1627 on: May 16, 2023, 09:58:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Roger Waters has sincerely great politics but yes, I agree. He could come out for Zionism tomorrow and I’m still gonna be blasting “The Wall”.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #1628 on: May 16, 2023, 10:42:16 AM »
The world would be a very boring place without Morrissey and the Gallagher brothers
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #1629 on: May 16, 2023, 10:50:29 AM »
The world would be a very boring place without Morrissey and the Gallagher brothers

Guys I'm sorry but Oasis is total shit. Pink Floyd on the other hand rules and is legendary. But to me they are incomparable. Oasis is like whiny wannabe punks that play Coldplay music. Cannot stand it and have never understood the appeal. Fuck Oasis
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #1630 on: May 16, 2023, 10:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Guys I'm sorry but Oasis is total shit. Pink Floyd on the other hand rules and is legendary. But to me they are incomparable. Oasis is like whiny wannabe punks that play Coldplay music. Cannot stand it and have never understood the appeal. Fuck Oasis

Have you listened to anything other than wonderwall?
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1631 on: May 16, 2023, 10:59:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1632 on: May 16, 2023, 11:01:35 AM »

With both Morrissey and the Gallagher’s making some of the most boring music humanly possible I think we’d be just fine
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #1633 on: May 16, 2023, 11:04:11 AM »

The workaround is the acknowledgement that the genius of The Smiths is Johnny Marr.  You don't have to even rank Moz.

Morrisseys only good record is Viva Hate everything else is garbage.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #1634 on: May 16, 2023, 11:55:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

With both Morrissey and the Gallagher’s making some of the most boring music humanly possible I think we’d be just fine
And Pink Floyd. Wouldn’t miss them either.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1635 on: May 16, 2023, 12:29:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The workaround is the acknowledgement that the genius of The Smiths is Johnny Marr.  You don't have to even rank Moz.

Stephen Street produced that one and it's pretty likely those were Smiths songs in some sort of progress. I also rate the early singles right after that but the rest I can live without.

Pink Floyd is weird because there are basically 3 different people running the show, depending on the era. Roger Waters wrote the banger but his stuff gets kinda samey and he farts around getting to hook a lot. David Glimour turned hard into easy listening. Animals is the one I go back to all the time.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1636 on: May 16, 2023, 02:14:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Stephen Street produced that one and it's pretty likely those were Smiths songs in some sort of progress. I also rate the early singles right after that but the rest I can live without.

Pink Floyd is weird because there are basically 3 different people running the show, depending on the era. Roger Waters wrote the banger but his stuff gets kinda samey and he farts around getting to hook a lot. David Glimour turned hard into easy listening. Animals is the one I go back to all the time.

Except for Animals, WYWH, and Meddle, Pink Floyd out worn out for me pretty quick. Someone should make a team edit to Pigs

lurkluke

• Rep: 175
« Reply #1637 on: May 16, 2023, 03:21:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I can barely think of three more boring bands. Chuck in Radiohead for a Rushmore of tedious shit.

(I do fuck with Roll With It, and Cigarettes and Alcohol though)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1638 on: May 16, 2023, 05:03:46 PM »
I hate the "wide board short wheelbase" trend. It's really hard to find an 8.5" deck with at least a 14.5" wheelbase in person for me, more so now with the DLX True Fit decks.

"just buy online!" For some reason I get super anxious when trying to buy stuff online; I'd rather buy in person.

veritas

« Reply #1639 on: May 16, 2023, 06:14:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Syd Barrett was the Pete Best of that band, they wouldnt "become" the Floyd we know now until he left. Atom Heart Mother is weird as shit but a classic

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #1640 on: May 16, 2023, 07:05:02 PM »
I like Herman better than Penny, and I love to watch Penny

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #1641 on: May 16, 2023, 07:08:24 PM »
I hate the "wide board short wheelbase" trend. It's really hard to find an 8.5" deck with at least a 14.5" wheelbase in person for me, more so now with the DLX True Fit decks.

"just buy online!" For some reason I get super anxious when trying to buy stuff online; I'd rather buy in person.

Seems more like a problem with you specific shop than skating as a whole. 8.5 x 14.5 is a pretty standard size. Maybe use tactics to see what boards are what size and go to the shop with that info. Or ask if you can order boards through them.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1642 on: May 17, 2023, 09:59:54 AM »
I like Herman better than Penny, and I love to watch Penny
Penny kind of reminds me of flava flave- he’s def an og and highly respectable but at the same time too much of a gimmicky character too be seen or taken seriously for me. Herman’s like snoop dogg - j as much of a character but seen more for his actual talents and efforts apose to an image.
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1643 on: May 17, 2023, 10:08:29 AM »
It could be because Herm is way better than Tom at this point…..

Not a slight on Tom…Its sick he’s still in there, if you had to have someone just pull up at your spot, you’d prolly pick Penny, but as for watching clips….Herman is still super good.  He is a totally different generation though and older. 

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1644 on: May 17, 2023, 10:12:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Seems more like a problem with you specific shop than skating as a whole. 8.5 x 14.5 is a pretty standard size. Maybe use tactics to see what boards are what size and go to the shop with that info. Or ask if you can order boards through them.

I would say the same is true for me locally. The brands that shops stock like FA/Hockey, Sk8Mafia, Limo, PS Stix brands, some DLX brands, etc. all have shorter wheelbases leaving you with a few BBS generic shapes, Polar, and..... that's it really. All those brands either only or mostly have wheelbases of 14.25 or under.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #1645 on: May 17, 2023, 10:50:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I would say the same is true for me locally. The brands that shops stock like FA/Hockey, Sk8Mafia, Limo, PS Stix brands, some DLX brands, etc. all have shorter wheelbases leaving you with a few BBS generic shapes, Polar, and..... that's it really. All those brands either only or mostly have wheelbases of 14.25 or under.

Quick and incomplete list of brands that do 8.5 x 14.5 - 14.75:

5boro
Baker
Birdhouse
Black label
Chocolate
Deathwish
Foundation
Frog
Girl
Hopes
Magenta
Passport
Picture show
Polar
Quasi
Real
Sci-Fi
Theories
There
Traffic
Welcome

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1646 on: May 17, 2023, 12:02:20 PM »
I actually think the average BBS lay up the wheelbase is too big, especially if you are skating ventures or thunders….

Magnolia

• Rep: 437
  • She/They
« Reply #1647 on: May 17, 2023, 12:25:08 PM »
I don’t really care for Antonio Durao's skating, I think it has something to do with how he crouches before a trick.

beautiful hair tho
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

IpathCats

« Reply #1648 on: May 17, 2023, 12:29:15 PM »
I actually think the average BBS lay up the wheelbase is too big, especially if you are skating ventures or thunders….

You're probably right.

But being 6' 4" with a size 10 foot, finding boards with my preferred width and wheelbase is already hard enough.

So I can't tolerate this slander.

My unpopular opinion: We need more 8.38 wide boards with 14.75ish wheelbases.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1649 on: May 17, 2023, 12:41:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Quick and incomplete list of brands that do 8.5 x 14.5 - 14.75:

5boro
Baker
Birdhouse
Black label
Chocolate
Deathwish
Foundation
Frog
Girl
Hopes
Magenta
Passport
Picture show

Polar
Quasi
Real
Sci-Fi
Theories

There
Traffic
Welcome

Yah and if you read what I wrote the brands I bolded above qualify as "generic BBS" since they share the same shapes. Quasi mostly does 14.25 in 8.5 and I said "locally" because my locals don't order their larger boards since they don't sell.  My local also doesn't carry Traffic, Hopps, Welcome, Birdhouse, Black Label, 5boro, Magenta, or Theories. I forgot to list the Baker brands so good on that one. I don't think Crail does a popsicle in many drops that is over 14.44 (it's just 14.38 or lines up with that).

DLX does longer wheelbases, but rarely in 8.5. There has Chandler's shape and sometimes the full shapes so that gives you 1-2 decks to choose from.

I think the normal BBS lengths are fine. I've ridden the DLX 8.38x14.5 on Thunders and its great.