Author Topic: PATRIOTS ARE IN CONTROL (of the Berrics)  (Read 37645 times)

Lord Viper Scorpion

Re: PATRIOTS ARE IN CONTROL (of the Berrics)
« Reply #360 on: January 18, 2023, 03:53:28 PM »
more borrics stories plz

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #361 on: January 18, 2023, 03:57:57 PM »
with his ex

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
with all the ex-berrics employees on here... when will someone have the balls to tell about what happened at the old berrics? if you worked there you know what im talking about.
[close]
You'll have to be more specific. I could write a few hundred pages about all of the cycles at the old berries, and what led to the downfall, and how Borra leeched the talents of some truly creative people and took full credit for some of the sites most enduring work. But its painful to dredge all of that back up.

'There was so much potential for us to be something really progressive, but Borra's ego kept tripping us up. For example, the period beginning in 2014-ish when Duffel came onboard was unbelievable. He brought a real professional producer's mentality to our content and helped us to see what the berries was from another perspective. Most of the filmers hated that time because the deadlines were brutal, and Borra was impossible to please. Borra's focus was to have all of us crank out "snackable" content, a minimum of 5 short videos every day, tried and true formulas like "whats on your camera roll?" (actually pretty good), or "this is how i got sponsored" (hit or miss). He was running us ragged just to dump content and get an insane share of voice in skate media. This was the "quantity over quality" period, and it sucked. When the original GM ghosted us, it all started to become very very clear: we're in trouble.'

Thus begins chapter 1 of my great Aberrican novel "Is that you Xenu? It's me, Borra"
[close]
Still waiting for the response to this

Newphone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #362 on: January 18, 2023, 04:37:46 PM »
goober flow
(Apologies in advance for this cringe)

https://youtube.com/shorts/meDXct_fq98?feature=share

I don’t like to take the lords name in vein, but Steezus Christ was that terrible. 

This guy might be a plant to make Berra sympathetic for his 2023 rebuild. Could be some 4d chess swamp draining going on.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #363 on: January 18, 2023, 05:32:40 PM »

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #364 on: January 18, 2023, 06:07:48 PM »
goober flow

I mean… if THIS is the material he wanted to host/post on the Berries, I totally get why he got the gas face from Borra.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2023, 07:09:09 PM »
I didn’t read from the beginning some posts are taken down.

Can I get a run down on what’s happening?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #366 on: January 18, 2023, 07:20:49 PM »
they are perfect for eachother

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #367 on: January 18, 2023, 07:31:12 PM »
I wanted to turn off that rap short upon seeing his stupid face and the first breath he took in but I toughed it out to the end. This hyphenate hack is about as good at rhyming as he is at negotiating contracts apparently. Perfect for each other indeed. Just fire both of them off into space never to be heard from again.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #368 on: January 18, 2023, 07:58:33 PM »
I didn’t read from the beginning some posts are taken down.

Can I get a run down on what’s happening?

Here are some points in this thread if you do some reading through...

After watching both videos, with at first being really critical of Hyphenate's choices to spend money without contracts in place, Berra's manipulation worked really well on him for the years they worked together, but im glad Hyphenate(Joey) is not budging from his stance on the issue now.

For those whom didnt watch the over 1hr first video, Joey explains at the beginning the manipulation tactic Berra slowly started using on him. After winning his weekend to attend the first BATB and years later Berra remembering Joey and following one another, giving Joey's posts attention, all after Berra was told how much of a fan Joey was and how appreciative he stayed of the opportunity he got to go to the berrics, he used that to start planting the seeds of his manipulation onto him.

Joey then spend time helping Berra paint the inside of the berrics and got to know him more than just the owner of the berrics, but on a more "friends" type of level. This is when Berra started using his status against Joey. Taking meetings and making Joey wait on him (to let him know who's in control), and with how much Joey had told him he wanted to help, Berra wanted to break him. Joey was also too fixated on the exposure aspect of their "deal", but did tell the GM he wanted to have something in place (contract) for when profits would roll in, but until then, the exposure alone would be able to hopefully get him money in the long term if their plans worked out.

Im certain in his time he would ghost or flake on Joey, he was in talks with Caffiene and Cariuma, for which were suppose to be the saving graces after Hypebeast's time "in control" of the berrics was done, but that doesnt excuse his behavior as if something was a priority, making time for said priority is crucial, and unfortunately Berra didnt see these new ideas being all that successful, and especially profitable.

Joey still remained hopeful of exposure not only to new audiences from his pwn recognition, but being linked to the berrics was a huge opportunity, hence why he never truly pressed Berra, as he didnt want to lose out on what couldve been a huge opportunity. Unfortunately that blinded him too much to the red flags everyone else could clearly see.

The last straw, as someone else pointed out, was the claiming that the studio for the gaming/podcast was Berra's while "some kid" was "allowed" to have a poster in there, shouldve been the final nail in the coffin. But again, putting too much hope in the outcome, when the road to get to said outcome is filled with land mines and obvious resistance of which the success was only on Joey (him buying all the equipment and being the ones to set up the deals with Rode, el gato, and whomever else he worked with), had Berra without responsibility, but would be able to reap the rewards if done right.

Joey got smart to be a part of the Caffeine deal and put into writing getting paid for all of his efforts and his capitol within the berrics, and that's when im sure Berra really ran his mouth to others as he no longer had control over Joey, as he set his own schedule inside the berrics and times he can be reached.

The "producer" and GM maybe felt something about that too, as the producer was inexperienced, and the GM couldnt rely on Joey's constant presence, but he said he wouldnt name them as both were cool at the beginning, but once the deals were done and Joey wanted what was his, both started turning on him.

And Berra ambushing Joey, saying he wants to be "friends", all while saying, "nobody liked you: nobody at the berrics, the producers, nobody at all liked you or your content", and still wanted the glory of "we're good now" with HIS arm around Joey in the picture (still wanting to make it seem he is in charge), everything Berra has coming to him is more than deserved.

I dont fully blame Joey for being so blinded, as his own videos on his channel dont get tons of views like what he did for the berrics were able to get, and the exposure couldve brought in quite a bit of money to supplement the initial loss of paying for the studio; as well as the manipulation tactic was fucked up. Even with my friends, everything is on trust, and Joey was led to believe Berra could be trusted, and from my take on his video, Joey doesnt seem to really follow the industry as many on here do, so his naive mentality toward the entire situation is understandable to a degree, but red flags are still red flags at the end of the day, and he shouldve cut things off much sooner than he did.

I know that's a lot of analysis for this situation, but I enjoyed trying to break down the mental aspect of the situation while I watched the videos, so here's a wall of text for anyone else whom enjoys the same thing.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2023, 06:30:57 PM »
Gifted hater doin 45 min on this beef.  Must still be last week in jolly ol england

borats cat

• Rep: -20
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2023, 06:43:48 PM »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2023, 08:26:52 PM »
How’s that bit at the end of the patriot when Mel Gibson stabs that cunt right in his throat and blood comes out his mouth

There’s also a dope bit where a cannon ball rolls along the ground and takes out a blokes leg

That movie had some kills
listen to cosmic psychos

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2023, 09:21:51 PM »
I doubt this hypenate guy for some reason

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #373 on: January 22, 2023, 10:37:58 AM »

Working in an office has its downsides, but I’m also really glad I don’t have delusional success hustle brain.

boogs

« Reply #374 on: January 22, 2023, 05:23:57 PM »
Who names their kid hyphenate

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #375 on: January 22, 2023, 06:33:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s actually Hyphenathaniel.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

lysdexia

• Rep: 4
« Reply #376 on: January 22, 2023, 08:25:01 PM »

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -436
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #377 on: January 22, 2023, 09:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
One time I started a new job and the manager told me his name was Marth and I said “is that short for Martholemew?” and he looked away and laughed a bit but I think he didn’t like me after that

Veggie.Wav

• Rep: 6
« Reply #378 on: January 22, 2023, 09:36:26 PM »
https://youtube.com/shorts/3kpNwM7eUEk?feature=share

For those interested this guy made a diss track for Berra. Unbelievable amounts of cringe from this fella so he's lost my support
my ass is stink

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #379 on: January 22, 2023, 10:01:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
One time I started a new job and the manager told me his name was Marth and I said “is that short for Martholemew?” and he looked away and laughed a bit but I think he didn’t like me after that

That’s funny in the short term, but that’s not how you end up makin like 500k a year -ish.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #380 on: January 22, 2023, 10:42:27 PM »

I went and looked at this Hyphenate guys channel. He honestly seems worse than Berra, which is saying something. He has this video on how Bizarre scammed him, also has videos like 'How to build a great team" and "Why I stay single".

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #381 on: January 22, 2023, 10:44:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

That’s funny in the short term, but that’s not how you end up makin like 500k a year -ish.
Maybe he was a Marth main aka Marth Mane

aka Why I stay single
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 434
« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2023, 02:41:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I, on the other hand, do like you for it. Have a gnar. It’s not 500 k but at least it’s something.

slothrop

• Rep: 13
« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2023, 03:08:54 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/shorts/3kpNwM7eUEk
i dunno im starting to doubt to be honest

So before he woke up, I shaved off my eyebrows, too. That way, whenever he woke up the next day, he’d probably say something like, “Hey, you don’t have any eyebrows!”
“Neither do you.”
That w

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2023, 05:07:21 AM »
I’ll be honest here - this generic, middle aged hustle/grindset dork being conned by the Berrics has gotta be the least sympathetic figure whom Steve could have scammed. He is either so dumb or was so desperate for clout that he ignored about a million red flags.

Actually they deserve each other.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

boogs

« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2023, 05:58:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
or Dartholemew

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2023, 06:47:05 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/shorts/3kpNwM7eUEk
i dunno im starting to doubt to be honest

you can’t give him what he wants!!!

IpathCats

« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2023, 07:10:48 AM »
goober flow

Oof, i could only make it through the first two lines.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2023, 07:53:31 AM »
Call me crazy, but I wanna see what the berrics could become with the hyphenate running the show, I feel like we never got his unadulterated vision. 

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2246
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2023, 08:34:40 AM »
Wow scammed from Berra AND Bizarre from D12. What a resume!

https://youtube.com/shorts/3kpNwM7eUEk?feature=share

I think I would rather actually spend time with Berra than this dude, which is saying a lot.