Author Topic: do the decon dunks fit true?  (Read 639 times)

Dolphinpony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
  • i do not agree for slap magazine to selll my info
do the decon dunks fit true?
« on: January 09, 2023, 04:23:46 PM »
anyone like decon dunks? those new green high tops look dope. never skated dunks bc i dont like padded shoes so i think this might be a good pair to try. so when sizing decon dunks do they account for the removal of the padding for sizing? true to size or should i size down
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 04:39:53 PM by Dolphinpony »
i do not agree for slap magazine to sell my person information to facebook or mark zuccerberg this is legally binding

zozu

• Rep: 122
Re: do the decon dunks fit true?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 06:29:35 PM »
Never tried the decon Dunks but my decon Isle Blazers fit a bit bigger due to lack of padding, potentially could do half size down as I have to choke them a lil bit but then I wouldnt have room for my toes. I assume Dunks would be the same if not more since they are even more padded.

I'd say if you wear your shoes snug already then stay TTS, if you already wear a roomier shoe they'll likely be a bit too loose.

IpathCats

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 05:58:50 AM »
I went TTS and they fit fine.

Havent skated them yet, but i feel like im going to like them more than reg dunks. The normal ones take too long to break in. I finally have the fausts nice and broken in and they're almost worn through the ollie area (yes i superglue and all that).

The decons feel much closer to broken in right out of the box.

Only thing im concerned with is the lack of heelcup padding. Theres basically none. If this doesnt turn out to be an issue I really hope they make more decons.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 445
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 11:26:00 AM »
I had some Decons a few years ago ( the “Doc Martin “ colorway) that I had sized down on. At first it seemed like the way to go but as they broke in I realized I had fucked up. There just wasn’t enough room for my toe and I was constantly pushing down in between the tip of the insole and the wall of the cupsole. Going true to size is my recommendation and accepting the fact that as they break in you’re going to have to tie them a bit tighter.

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 12:05:13 PM »
Best dunks nike has ever made. decon blazers were good as well. The nubuck ones, surprisingly enough were super durable and very good-looking.

IpathCats

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 12:22:32 PM »
I liked the fit of these new green decons so much that i bought a second pair before even skating the first.

Nike

Please make more decons.

If these had a LITTLE padding (like 1/4 - 1/2 of what a dunk usually has) on the heel cup and around the collar they would be my ideal skate shoe.

Edit: and a slightly slimmer sole. But not much.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 01:20:53 PM by IpathCats »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 10:24:53 AM »
When I had the Ishod decon I wished I went a half size down.
The shoe broke in super fast and was kinda floppy
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

elegant_fox

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 11:02:05 AM »
I had to size up from a 9 to a 9.5, granted the shop was out of the 9.0 but the 9.5 fits better on my normally Vans high top 9.0 foot size.

Maybe true to size if you wear them loose loose.