Author Topic: Insole shenanigans and recommendations in the year of our lord 2023  (Read 3328 times)

hardestflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • CHAMBERLAIN WITH THE STATS
Buying insoles online is a bit annoying, would appreciate some help and hearing about your experiences.

So far I have noticed:
- Remind insoles are confusing, when they say low arch, do they mean the insoles or that my foot should have a low arch to use? I don’t find ANY info on it at all.
- FP Insoles look dope but I worry they will be too thick and end up causing my Ishod's to be too tight.
- Superfeet scares me with those Adaptive Control Technology shit.

I just don’t wanna waste money, bros… :-[

I have flat feet for the record!

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Insole shenanigans and recommendations in the year of our lord 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 04:21:24 PM »
Remind recommended the Destin for my super flat feet. They were comfortable and worked well. Lasted me about 8 months. They squeak a little depending on the shoe. I liked them in cup soles but weren’t supportive enough for vulc.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 04:22:18 PM »
Superfeet Adapt Run or Run Comfort have treated me and many others great. They're not that thick, but really control overpronation and arch collapse. They have a decent amount of cushion and if you want more just put a generic stock insole under them OR cut the heel off it and glue to the bottom of the Superfeet.

FP and most skate specific insoles are trash. How many bowling balls you can drop on something has no relation to the entire foot spreading the impact and transferring it up the chain. I got some Remind insoles for Vans in place of Popcush and they bottomed out worse than stock and I bruised my heels missing a nollie 180.

roll_dog

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 04:28:28 PM »
I personally like the flat FP insoles. I think they live up to their claim that they absorb impact, I've absolutely stomped primo with them in my shoes and didn't feel any pain. They definitely help me keep  skating vulcs at my somewhat advanced age. Their orthotics seem universally unlocked here so I can't speak for those.

Be careful going too thick, the 7mm ones will definitely make your show fit a bit tighter in the toe area. Which may be desirable if your shoes are a bit big.

hardestflip

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 04:38:35 PM »
Superfeet Adapt Run or Run Comfort have treated me and many others great. They're not that thick, but really control overpronation and arch collapse. They have a decent amount of cushion and if you want more just put a generic stock insole under them OR cut the heel off it and glue to the bottom of the Superfeet.

FP and most skate specific insoles are trash. How many bowling balls you can drop on something has no relation to the entire foot spreading the impact and transferring it up the chain. I got some Remind insoles for Vans in place of Popcush and they bottomed out worse than stock and I bruised my heels missing a nollie 180.

Of the 3 companies I listed, Superfeet seemed the most professional one, that said, im probably misunderstanding something when it comes to the language (english is not my first language, so sometimes i get thrown off), when they say “low to medium arch orthotic support, it means that the insole will provide support to a low arch foot right?

But anyways, I was kind of leaning towards remind after I got super confused with the language of superfeet but now that you said that i’m kind of not into it, I was already very icky on skate only insoles, it just seemed like such a small need that can be exploited.
Foot pain, specially when skating, is like no other so I know me and other people would do anything to make it go away :/

PS Is that your final recommendation when it comes to insoles for flat feet?

hardestflip

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 04:41:05 PM »
I personally like the flat FP insoles. I think they live up to their claim that they absorb impact, I've absolutely stomped primo with them in my shoes and didn't feel any pain. They definitely help me keep  skating vulcs at my somewhat advanced age. Their orthotics seem universally unlocked here so I can't speak for those.

Be careful going too thick, the 7mm ones will definitely make your show fit a bit tighter in the toe area. Which may be desirable if your shoes are a bit big.

Can I ask what brand of shoes you favour?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2023, 04:46:10 PM »
Most of you guys probably wouldn't want to support what FP is all about:

nice to see FP is down with the clowns (antisemitic flat earth transphobes)
https://www.instagram.com/sheepleskateboards_mkultra/

hardestflip

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2023, 06:09:33 PM »
Remind recommended the Destin for my super flat feet. They were comfortable and worked well. Lasted me about 8 months. They squeak a little depending on the shoe. I liked them in cup soles but weren’t supportive enough for vulc.

Do you not use Remind anymore?

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 06:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you not use Remind anymore?

I was using Soletech shoes at that time. I’m currently skating in Nike SB for the past year and found the stock insoles to be just fine for me. Maybe it has to do with the midsole crating right where I need it.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2023, 06:55:35 PM »
The point of the insole is not to just not feel something. That's nice, but not the function of an orthotic in and of itself. The actual impact and how sore you get it from it comes from the stability the shoe provides. If your foot is cushioning on every impact but pronating, you'll get ankle soreness and pain still.

As for the individual who asked I have very flat feet. I find the Run Comfort and Adapt Run great, but the Max versions too high.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 08:43:27 PM »
The point of the insole is not to just not feel something. That's nice, but not the function of an orthotic in and of itself. The actual impact and how sore you get it from it comes from the stability the shoe provides. If your foot is cushioning on every impact but pronating, you'll get ankle soreness and pain still.

As for the individual who asked I have very flat feet. I find the Run Comfort and Adapt Run great, but the Max versions too high.

I've had flat feet since I was a kid and my knees and arches were in pain for a long time after runs or skate sessions. Super Feet are well worth the money, I've used the Copper and Carbon before and they've worked wonders for me. Ankle injuries are less frequent and when they do occur are less severe, a 10 minute break and some recovery work afterwards and I'm back on my board.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

hardestflip

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 10:25:58 PM »
I bought the Superfeet Adapt Run, will update at some point with my experience.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2023, 08:20:02 AM »
I've tried the Remind Destin insoles like 4 years ago and they were pretty good. I have pretty flat feet so I had to to slowly increase the arch on insoles over time.  I went to order another set of the Destins about 6 months ago but they were out of them at the time so I went on Amazon and found these bad boys:

https://www.amazon.com/2021-Premium-Anti-Fatigue-Shoe-Insoles/dp/B099NXTMZJ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2M9WZCHADONOQ&keywords=high%2Barch%2Binsoles%2Bfor%2Bmen%2Beasyfeet&qid=1672848536&sprefix=high%2Barch%2Binsoles%2Bfor%2Bmen%2Beasyfeet%2Caps%2C128&sr=8-5&th=1

Highly recommend these. I put them in all the shoes that I skate and it works out great. Most recently, I'm using them in the NB 440 highs and it gives them the extra needed support.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2023, 09:00:16 AM »
Super flat feet here, FP insoles were ankle roll city as they sat my foot far too high in every shoe I tried.

Remind Destin were lots better and I still use them in my chillers, but for the past couple years I just skate the stock adidas insoles that come in the Tyshawns.

I'm a firm believer that if you find the right shoe, aftermarket insoles can become redundant. Skated 235 days in 2022 with the flattest feet you've ever seen, and sore feet were never really an issue.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2023, 10:18:34 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]
Thanks for bringing that up. That edit made me get on finding a comparable product that wasn't aimed at skating but was basically a heat moldable sports orthotic. Made in the USA and designed by a podiatrist (and hopefully not propped up by OC MAGA money.)
https://powerstep.com/collections/shop-orthotic-insoles/products/heat-moldable-insoles

I have been wearing Superfeet Run Comfort around the house in Vans slips for the past few days and think they are pretty great. Much lower than a Popcush and maybe mess up the sizing but I'm gonna try them next in a smallish pair of Half Cabs and see if they work out. This insole smokes pretty much every over the counter thing I have seen so far. Carbon fiber base is stiff and supportive but still bends with me and the gel pouch in the heel is also quality. It would be great if I could get something with a similar build in a doc prescribed orthotic.

For the record, I also have flat feet and used to have custom orthotics that I got from a podiatrist. I should probably still be wearing them but California lets insurance companies off the hook for paying for them unless you're diabetic.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

IpathCats

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2023, 11:08:49 AM »
FP makes varying thicknesses if you're worried about shoes fitting too tight.

Remind insoles are trash, at least the ones i had.

FP gets a lot of hate because people dont like joey brezinski and paul hart (understandably), but I've loved everything ive gotten from them.

The elites are worth it, they last much much longer. The other kind would crumble around the heels for me after using them for the life of 2-3 pairs of shoes.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2023, 11:11:21 AM »
Super Feet have a money back guarantee. You can even get a refund and keep the insoles if you play it right.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yea I wondered about this artwork. The reptilian thing is kinda funny on its surface, but it's actually an antisemitic conspiracy theory. It's a rebranding of the centuries old antisemitic blood libel shit: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2001/mar/17/features.weekend

This artwork clearly isn't satire of the reptilian conspiracy theory. Just looked up Paul Hart and he's a chud.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 11:22:16 AM by yourfuckingdad »

SupremePizza

• Rep: 42
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2023, 01:08:46 PM »
I have FP gamechangers from 2020 that I'm skating in my 3rd pair of shoes. For me they worked well in dunk highs and mids however when I had them in Axion genesis they made me feel like I was going to roll my ankle every time I skated them and I eventually rolled it pretty bad last year. Once these are done I will probably try one of the Superfeet insoles so I'm not supporting Joey. I also have Remind gamechangers in my snowboard boots and a pair of Destins which i will probably run in my dunk lows next.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 01:51:42 PM »
Been using Remind Medics for over 10 years now. Typically use them in NB 212s. Great upgrade to vulc shoes. Not great for cup soles.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 04:33:16 PM »
footprints are good for a minute then turn into bricks
third time wont be a charm
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2023, 09:31:35 PM »
I recently had a bad foot injury from landing a Tre flip double primo.  I picked up some foot print insoles over the holiday for buy one get one free and honestly they have been excellent. I would recommend them. I have the ones you put in the oven and then walked around with them, so they got the shape. I have a medium arch in my foot, but going forward I will always have a performance insole. NB440 highs and Gilbert Crockets highs.

I also put them in my chill shoes I walk around in.  One set  for skating one for chilling.

I wouldn’t call them soft.  But I believe they have helps with my bad feet and back. 

8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

linty

• Rep: 36
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2023, 01:02:03 AM »

Fourth consecutive pair of custom orthotics that do this. Footprint does give you a discount code when you reach out to them but at this point this feels like a feature instead of a defect. The fact that it's rebranded china bulk doesn't help, either.

Are the Remind remedies any better, should I try out a pair of G6 insoles? Emerica's pour-in midsoles are so good that I skate those shoes exclusively.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2023, 02:16:02 AM »

Fourth consecutive pair of custom orthotics that do this. Footprint does give you a discount code when you reach out to them but at this point this feels like a feature instead of a defect. The fact that it's rebranded china bulk doesn't help, either.

Are the Remind remedies any better, should I try out a pair of G6 insoles? Emerica's pour-in midsoles are so good that I skate those shoes exclusively.

I got insoles like that from a legit foot doctor they feel a bit weird for me because I am not used to that much atch support. But that exact thing happened to my Footprint Orthotics too. I also felt my feet sat way too high in my shoes and I rolled my ankles a few times with them.

I got the Footprint Kingfoam Flat ones in 5mm thickness and those feel good for now.
IG: @flowterspace

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2023, 03:24:52 AM »
I'd say FP insoles as well. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and they help with the impact just from walking and you can still feel your board in Vans.

Edit: Has anyone tried FP shoes? Any reviews on them?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 04:00:56 AM by LandonPrimo »
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

IpathCats

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2023, 05:44:54 AM »

the elites do not do this, at least mine have not yet.

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2023, 06:32:11 AM »
I've been wearing Superfeet for since the summer, I found the one that worked best for me in my 1010s was the "Flex Thin" model. I'm at the top of the size range which is nice so I don't have to trim them. I also use the greens in my chillers and around the house. Been very happy with both and have no plans on changing.

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 42
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2023, 10:02:07 PM »
^^ flex thins are perfect in Tiagos I agree

Also if you wear an 8.5 in blazers & Tiago 1010s, or a 9 in VM001's, the size "D"(men's 9) superfeet footbeds fit in there perfect without trinming... And a bunch of other shoes size 8.5-9

I haven't tried the superfeet Adapt yet but I have the run comfort max and the flex max. The flex max is the best I've found so far, the run comforts have kind of a wide forefoot and I don't like trimming them.

The superfeet flex max is great in vulcs, the adapt max is probably great too. The run comfort max's are alright.

You can run a thin superfeet/SOLE on top of the glued in footbeds on some shoes, but I prefer to rip out the footbeds and put the "max" superfeets in there. This won't work well with the new vans "skate" line, since I think they redesigned the heel cup to work with those thick-ass vans footbeds. The old PRO vans and regular vans should be totally fine to swap out footbeds though.

The "thin" version of any superfeet or SOLE footbeds would be great in a G6, Tiago, Superstar/pro model type shoe with foam all the way through the forefoot.

In a cupsole with a thinner forefoot like dunk sb's, etc, the "max" version would give you some cush up front

Ramble ramble ramble

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2023, 10:08:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the elites do not do this, at least mine have not yet.
i was talking about kingfoam elites most recently
and gamechangers before that
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2023, 11:11:43 PM »
I'd say FP insoles as well. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and they help with the impact just from walking and you can still feel your board in Vans.

Edit: Has anyone tried FP shoes? Any reviews on them?

I skated Neen's shoe for a bit; while the midsole (with the FP 'tech') was comfy and worked like a FP insole, the rest of the shoe was fucking garbage...the lowest of the low sweatshop shoe you could image. Thin, floppy, shit stitching and terrible fit, zero upper support or padding and trash laces. I ended up throwing them out.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2023, 11:45:51 PM »

This is why I just get the kingfoams, they have like a rubber outside layer which doesn't crack.